Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typing of the dead 2

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://www.undeadgames.com/?action=file&fid=1&gid=47

here ya go los undead games has the first typing of the dead for free download ,which is now....i dunno the phrase i think its abandoneware now or whatever so its all cool.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    http://www.undeadgames.com/?action=file&fid=1&gid=47

here ya go los undead games has the first typing of the dead for free download ,which is now....i dunno the phrase i think its abandoneware now or whatever so its all cool.
    awesome!! It'll probably take a while to download. Tommorrow's my B-Day , i'll be out all day so i'll probably do it then. I just hate waiting on long downloads. Thnx!!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ask em owt relavant to real life and im screwed, but anything about horror games, pfft, forget about it

Undisclosed
    blatantly geeks and fanboys that are in/finished college but still watch the transformers ,read comics and debate about wether the dreamcast or the NES are better ect.

cus to qoute popcultureshock.com "this geek **** is so damn cool"
    gotta be the n.e.s though

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    as an owner of both , hell no the dreamcast rules!, there i said it.

capncnut
    as an owner of both , hell no the dreamcast rules!, there i said it.
    The greatsest console that ever lived. Behold.

And I got a pair of these for hardcore House of the Dead II sessions.
    Last edited by capncnut; 03-Jul-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    try playing two player on your own and dual-wield those sumbitches

i may be getting a new replacement dreamcast today so ill have to look them up, i found a back alley retro gamestore last week thats stocked em, even had samba mi amigo for 80 quid.

capncnut
    i may be getting a new replacement dreamcast today so ill have to look them up, i found a back alley retro gamestore last week thats stocked em, even had samba mi amigo for 80 quid.
    Good stuff man and think carefully before shelling out the cash for Samba de Amigo. It's a fantastic game but not one that I particularly play every time I plug in my DC. I'm too cautious about de-valuing it's condition.

Say, a 2nd hand Dreamcast (roughly £20),
    with lightgun (£10, if they have one),
    with House of Dead II, Resident Evil II, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis (£5 each - RE2 on the Dreamcast is the best version available IMO)
    and Shenmue (£10),
    is well worth 60 quid mate. I still play my DC at least once a month and my obsession with collecting titles for it has forced me to sell my entire Atari collection and even contemplate on selling my Megadrive/Genesis collection.

I got a branch of CEX (Computer and Videogame Exchange) closeby and they are selling some of the imported titles that only appeared in Japan after the DC folded overseas. I think they had Trigger Heart Exelica for like a tenner, which is a proper addictive little scrolling shooter where you can wield a grapple ray, that enables you to control ships and smash entire enemy fleets with it.

Saying, you have to get one chipped to play that (which most 'chippers' will still do for a few quid) but if anything goes drastically wrong, hey, it's only £20 to replace one!

But anyway, good luck with getting that DC. You know it makes sense Rodders.
    Last edited by capncnut; 03-Jul-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just got one for 70 quid from gamestation ,as new, with all the cables, controller and a memory card, the official one, not a 3d party knock off, a keyboard and mouse, which i didnt know they did a mouse, adn these games.

skies of arcadia (hella rare)
    Shenmue 1 AND 2( how ****ing rare can you get?)
    sonic adventure
    tomb raider chronicles (appauling )
    power stone
    soul calibre
    soldier of fortune
    chu-chu rocket
    mdk2
    headhunter
    metropolis streetracer
    tomb raider the last revalation
    quake 3 arena
    virtua fighter 3rth (i know ive got no idea why either)
    resident evil code veronica

all in all not a bad haul, for the price compared to what that would go for on ebay is pretty sweet i think, still its missing some i used to own and there next on my retro list

house 2 (with two lightguns o' course )
    resi 2 and 3
    crazy taxi (best arcade driving game ever,run over pedestrians in san fran to offspring, that made 1999 for me )
    evolution
    grandia 2
    nightmare creatures 2
    alone in the dark 4
    sonic adventure 2.

and for jsut the pure "so wierd it should have been a nintendo game" er game i wanna check otu seaman.

.....make as many jokes as you can from that sentence for neil to send you a thankyou email!

capncnut
    Considering you got all those games with it, that's a pretty sweet deal. When I first re-purchased one, I got it with the keyboard, two controllers, two official VMU's, the digital scart cables, and Shenmue I & II (unfortunately they ain't that rare nowdays brother) for about £42 quid in GameStation. Boxed.

house 2 (with two lightguns o' course)
    This will be the only bitch of the collection. Not for the game, as that is only worth about 5 quid, I mean the lightguns. For about a year I was hassling GameStation for one:

"sorry sir"
    "we'll get one in at some point sir"
    "until a customer trades one in, we can find you one sir"

THEN, one day they got a call from a GameStation up north and I just so happen to be in the store talking to my friend when the call came in. They had 2 Sega Dreamcast lightguns that were sitting on the shelves gathering dust. I never forget the smile on Chris's face as he took the call:

"Well, actually you're not going to believe this but we have a customer in here now who has been after one for a very long time!"

I told Chris that I would take both off his hands and instead of a tenner each, they let me have em for £15 the pair. That was two years ago and nowdays they rarely sell them without the console attached so it was a doubly important purchase for me. To hear the geeks gasp in the room when I pull them two bitches out of the box on a beery Friday night always makes me beam with pride.
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-Jul-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that my freind is the beauty of ebay, theres allways rare dreamcast stuff for sale on there.

Atlanta, GA -- right smack in the middle of the Walking Dead apocalypse
    Undisclosed

Typing of the Dead is on GAMETAP!

Okay, I LOVED Typing of the Dead. One of my favs on my Sega Dreamcast. I, too, still play my Dreamcast all the time. Seaman was so far ahead of its time. Samba de Amigo is still a hit, whenever I pull it out (can't wait for the Wii version). Lots of other good titles. I have a mint Dreamcast put up in a closet, just waiting on the day my regular box dies.

Back to QWERTY Zombie killing:

The good news is that Typing of the Dead is now on GameTap!

Note that GameTap is an easy way to play LOTS of good games at work on a so-so workstation. Love it. List of FREE games here.

Snipped from Wikipedia, 'cause I'm lazy:

The levels of the two games, House of the Dead 2 and Typing of the Dead, are close to identical, but instead of simply gunning down hordes of onrushing zombies the player has to type the word or short phrase in front of each enemy to kill it. These phrases become gradually longer as the game progresses - the first enemies of the initial stage have phrases like "AM" or "3D", while enemies in the final stage have phrases like "Deoxyribonucleic acid".

Despite the dark subject matter of the original, The Typing of the Dead is firmly tongue-in-cheek. The (progressively more difficult) things the player has to type are quite often weird and humorous, mêlée weapons have been replaced by things such as rubber hammers, the guns have been replaced by keyboards powered by Dreamcasts on the characters' backs. Some power-ups give new life, others turn the character into a zombie for a level or make everyone's heads swell. Given sufficient typing ability, the game is widely considered good, intensive, nonsensical fun and is something of a cult classic amongst Dreamcast owners.

United Kingdom
    Everytime I go down Toys R Us (which is rarely) I see Typing of the Dead. It's annoying.