Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead 2 Impressions--Hands-On With Hard Rain Campaign

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Just got back from paying off my copy, anyone else going to the midnight launch?
    ...why?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ...why?
    Because it brings me great joy knowing I'll be playing tonight while you troll message boards.

As a gamer I enjoy going to these events while I'm still able. What's wrong with wanting to get my mitts on the game as early as possible?

Canada
    I'm actually pretty excited for this game, and I really cannot wait to play it. Yes yes, It is a "sequel" to L4D, but goddamn that is a fun game, and one of the few that I actively enjoy playing regularly.

picking it up tomorrow after work, and plan on staying up most of the day...screw inventory :P

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just got back from paying off my copy, anyone else going to the midnight launch?
    didn't know there was one but i also paid mine off. All i know is if i did go there's no way i'd get any sleep tonight. I'm actually taking the day off tommorrow so if you wanna run you know my gamertag.

Question, since i can't get an answer from the mods, any idea why our gamerscores aren't on the rankings anymore?

Last edited by darth los; 16-Nov-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Because it brings me great joy knowing I'll be playing tonight while you troll message boards.

As a gamer I enjoy going to these events while I'm still able. What's wrong with wanting to get my mitts on the game as early as possible?
    because its not being advertised anywhere as such, normally when it is theres a discount so the 8 or9 hours early deal is worth it. This time it isnt so i dont see a prooblem with waiting early because even if theres no discount nobody i know is going to get it at midnight. a midnight launch is fora game i know the moment i get in i will have friends wanting to play it. I say "why?" not to troll, but because this is, at its core, a multiplayer game, not something i see as big a deal for getting at midnight than something single player or with a definite chance i will have someone to play it with.

United States
    I love this game.

The enviornments level design are such a huge improvement over the last game, and the versus mode has been given a breath of fresh air with all the new special infected. I've only tried the Dead Center and Dark Carnival campaigns on Expert so far, and I still haven't made it to the finale of either one. Oh, and the chainsaw kicks ass, just wish it didn't have a finite fuel supply.

The game is receiving rave reviews so far, and if you've got any reservations about it being a simple expansion, you couldn't be more wrong:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...204%20dead%202

Canada
    Just played it for a bit. Fun as hell, but I am a little pissed off at the moment. See, I was at the end of Dark Carnival- at the rock concert bit, and the helicopter had just landed. So me (holding the garden gnome) and my ai companions (henceforth known as retards) began to run towards. Lo and behold a tank magically spawns behind me, punches me into a boomer and a spitter, and a horde of infected. so I am thinking "whatever, I have full health, someone will help me". NOPE, they are all sitting in the helicopter, looking at me as I am covered in vomit, getting beaten up by a tank, and melting from the acid, all the while 50 zombies punch me to death.

And my gnome was no where to be found. Seriously, I got so pissed off I turned the console off and went and ate a pizza. That shit, just sucks. Time to try hard rain out I guess.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Just played it for a bit. Fun as hell, but I am a little pissed off at the moment. See, I was at the end of Dark Carnival- at the rock concert bit, and the helicopter had just landed. So me (holding the garden gnome) and my ai companions (henceforth known as retards) began to run towards. Lo and behold a tank magically spawns behind me, punches me into a boomer and a spitter, and a horde of infected. so I am thinking "whatever, I have full health, someone will help me". NOPE, they are all sitting in the helicopter, looking at me as I am covered in vomit, getting beaten up by a tank, and melting from the acid, all the while 50 zombies punch me to death.

And my gnome was no where to be found. Seriously, I got so pissed off I turned the console off and went and ate a pizza. That shit, just sucks. Time to try hard rain out I guess.
    wonder if you can throw the gnome in the choppah

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post

And thus the beauty of the game.

Nothing is a given. It's a different experience every time.

Midnight riders ! Mount up !

Last edited by darth los; 18-Nov-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Oh, and Ellis is the best character in this game, bar none. Everyone else is shit except for maybe coach.

The parish bridge finale is pretty wild as well. Getting that cross in 3 minutes achievement is gonna be pretty tough. Can't wait to play vs and rock some socks off with the charger.

United States
    A hidden site for the fictional band "Midnight Riders" has shown up, some people think it's a hint as to future DLC, maybe as playable characters:

http://www.midnight-riders.com/

I just finished the third campaign, Swamp Fever, and I'm extremely impressed at the level design, characters, and overall pace of the game. The lighting is great, and every map I've played have really held their own as unique and satisfying to play through. They really improved on the finales for each campaign and they really feel much more epic and visceral, aided by environmental triggers like fireworks and mounted guns with explosive rounds. Overall I'd say it improves on it's predecessor in pretty much every way possible and could easily be my most played game this year.

capncnut
    Gonna be all over this fucker on Friday. 20 hour sesh at least!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    A hidden site for the fictional band "Midnight Riders" has shown up, some people think it's a hint as to future DLC, maybe as playable characters:

http://www.midnight-riders.com/

I just finished the third campaign, Swamp Fever, and I'm extremely impressed at the level design, characters, and overall pace of the game. The lighting is great, and every map I've played have really held their own as unique and satisfying to play through. They really improved on the finales for each campaign and they really feel much more epic and visceral, aided by environmental triggers like fireworks and mounted guns with explosive rounds. Overall I'd say it improves on it's predecessor in pretty much every way possible and could easily be my most played game this year.
    id say the tall guy is francis, but then theres pictures going round to contest that...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    id say the tall guy is francis, but then theres pictures going round to contest that...
    Francis would definitely fit in with those guys. Maybe Francis was like Pete Best or something.

Canada
    vs mode in this game is fucking brilliant. dear god. the new infected are fun to play with. was on it for...4 hours or so, and i was never bored.

Brett, when you get the game mail me and we'll fuck some shit up.