Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rage Against The Machine Reform...

capncnut
    Sir Evil, you play one mean geetar bro. One thing though, tell your frontman to lay off the amphetamine sulphate.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

I'm guessing that's old band you used to be in? That looks like you on the guitars, there.

We used to cover "Freedom" as well. Our singer wasn't quite as.....excited as your's though. I think he did "The Spider Walk" scene that was taken out of "The Exorcist" somewhere in there.
    Yeah, that was a decade ago ... back in high school. Our singer was definitely an energy bomb ... live shows were a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Sir Evil, you play one mean geetar bro. One thing though, tell your frontman to lay off the amphetamine sulphate.
    Thanks. As for our frontman back then, if we got him off of all controlled substances, he'd be a sack of potatoes drooling on the stage ... and we didn't want that whilest playing rap metal.

United States
    Jesus Cereval, if your bassist's pants were any bigger he could live in them :P

That was good, you must have had a good time with that band, although when people said your lead singer was going crazy I was thinking crazy like my band's old lead singer (jumping onto and off of everything, screaming in people's faces, jumping onto people, mic swinging, etc.).

But that's really cool, you don't see too many bands doing that sort of thing anymore, besides **** acts and nu-metal like Limp Bizkit and stuff.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    Jesus Cereval, if your bassist's pants were any bigger he could live in them :P

That was good, you must have had a good time with that band, although when people said your lead singer was going crazy I was thinking crazy like my band's old lead singer (jumping onto and off of everything, screaming in people's faces, jumping onto people, mic swinging, etc.).

But that's really cool, you don't see too many bands doing that sort of thing anymore, besides **** acts and nu-metal like Limp Bizkit and stuff.

Yeah, the bass player / producer extraordinare eventually abandoned metal and is currently a Chicago DJ.

The band was a lot of fun ... nuttin better than riding the rap metal wave circa 97-99 during the RATM / Bizkit era. As for the singer, this was before the band starting playing shows ... indeed he was that crazy mutherfcuker jumping everywhere and bouncing off walls.

Ah, nostalgia ... feelin' the years here ... that was over a decade ago . Of course, then always brings us to NOW (and now ain't never been better).

Canada
    nice. i was always a rage fan
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

capncnut
    Been listening to a fair bit of 'em since I heard this. The first two records are amazing (as you guys know) but damn, The Battle for Los Angeles is one tight record. Other than the few singles they released, I hadn't really explored the album in detail until now. I'll be playing it more in the future methinks.

Kazakhstan
    LA is flat out...some of it so RANDOM. the bit in born as ghosts where it goes off and the guitar sounds like a police siren/ringing telephone gone mad, with that sludgy, slightly dubby bass...love it.

seriously considering going to america with some mates who are off to see that rage show...feel like a bit of a tit if they do a tour afterwards though...but then i guess i'll still have gone to the rage reunion
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    LA is flat out...some of it so RANDOM. the bit in born as ghosts where it goes off and the guitar sounds like a police siren/ringing telephone gone mad, with that sludgy, slightly dubby bass...love it.

seriously considering going to america with some mates who are off to see that rage show...feel like a bit of a tit if they do a tour afterwards though...but then i guess i'll still have gone to the rage reunion
    Man, I completely dig Born as Ghosts. The line that goes, "Under toxic sunsets they dine and toast... safe from the screams of the children born as ghosts" just hits home.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    That song was pretty groovy, but the album it was on, "Renegades" was pretty bad.

I hope they do a tour rather than just one show....
    Renegades is a good cover album. Rage's studio version of Bruce Springsteen's The Ghost of Tom Joad is a rocking tune. They also did a good job of covering Cypress Hill's How I could just kill a man.

I didn't like their version of the Stones' Street Fighting Man though. I thought Tom deviated from the riff and hook too much.

Their best album, by far, is their self-titled though.
    Last edited by Chaos; 29-Jan-2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost