Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss the Diary DVD (so who got their copy today?)

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I edited the title for you.

I went to Best Buy with the intention of getting Diary and the new Night disc until I noticed the steep price tag and promptly exited the store.

I refuse to pay $17.99 (or $15.99 in the case of Night) for a new DVD on release day. The only way I know how to battle rediculous prices is to refuse to pay them.

I will get this DVD(s) eventually, but not until the price becomes reasonable or someone offers them up for trade, which shouldn't be long in the case of Diary, since the opinions are so mixed on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I got it, went to CC it was $14.99
    Christ. You want to see the prices in the UK.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    got mine today. I have to say a pretty decent zombie movie.

Super Moderator

United States
    The store I went to yesterday hadn't recieved their shipment (of a single DVD of Diary) as of yet.

Borders didn't have it.

Circuit City, who was apparently selling the DVD for 13.99, was sold out.

Best Buy, who was selling it for 17.99 and throwing a copy of the Tao of Zombie (or something like that), was also sold out.

No luck today.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Best Buy, who was selling it for 17.99 and throwing a copy of the Tao of Zombie (or something like that), was also sold out.
    The Best Buy exclusive set including The Zen of Zombie is being sold for $24.99 while the regular edition is $17.99. My area store was almost sold out of both in the New Releases section with only one copy left of the Zen edition (which I couldn't have cared less about).

The new NIGHT DVD was stuck in the Horror section and obviously not selling as well. The half-assed cover makes it look exactly like every half-assed horror film released in the last 10 years. The House on Haunted Hill remake for example:

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I just found a two pack at K-Mart of Diary and Night for 24.99, by far the best price I've seen. It is a K-Mart exclusive so head on over there ASAP if you haven't got a copy yet.
    That's a damn good deal. Too bad K-Mart has folded in my area.

What's special about The Zen of Zombie?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have to say that after seeing the film again at home...I'm not as impressed with it like I was in the theater. Not that it's bad. I still like it.

It's got some awesome moments and then it's got some moments that left me thinking "wha?". Still a good film, though.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    What's special about The Zen of Zombie?
    Absolutely nothing. It's a lame "exclusive" that has nothing to do with DIARY, which is why I bought the regular edition.

I'm probably going to pick-up the K-Mart two-pack, return the sealed discs to Best Buy and save $10. Good find, axlish.

Lord Howe Island
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    The Best Buy exclusive set including The Zen of Zombie is being sold for $24.99 while the regular edition is $17.99. My area store was almost sold out of both in the New Releases section with only one copy left of the Zen edition (which I couldn't have cared less about).

The new NIGHT DVD was stuck in the Horror section and obviously not selling as well. The half-assed cover makes it look exactly like every half-assed horror film released in the last 10 years. The House on Haunted Hill remake for example:

Our Best Buy (Dallas/Ft Worth TX) has Diary w/"Zen of Zombie" for $19.99--regulary $24.99 or something-- Diary alone was $17.99-- so I opeted for Diary w/ the book.

The book has nothing to do with the movie, but it is humuorous and follows in the vein of "Zen and Motorcyle Riding" "Zen and Sailboating".."Zen and ----"-- you get the point.
    War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

Super Moderator

United States
    I got it!

Now to see if it's as good as I remember it and if the DVD extras are up to snuff!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'm not exactly psyched to get the DVD. Probably will pick it up at some point. It was just such a movie.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    A couple months ago, you guys were breaking my balls over my opinion of Diary. But from the lackluster attention you guys are giving the DVD, I guess you're finally starting to come around. All I can say is, that movie was a piece of work.

This is one Romero movie that won't be in my collection. That is, unless it comes out on blu-ray. Then I might buy it just because i'm a completist.

United States
    I never busted anyones balls over the movie. From first viewing i was unimpressed, sadly. Maybe if I watch it again it won't be so bad? We'll see I guess.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anyone watched it with commentary yet?

United States
    I picked up the diary/night combo at 9 a.m. may 21 at k-mart, there was 1 more left in the display...they said it was the last 1 in the store...
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Anyone watched it with commentary yet?
    I watched it a second time but this time with the commentary on but it did not change my impression of the film, or the filmmaker. I thought it was a little self glorifying is some way. I understand GAR a little better, almost that he is making a big joke out of these movies or genre. It was hard to hear everyone in the commentary, but I did like how they pointed out all the stars that did the radio broadcasts or little cameos in the film. Some good some bad.