Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Wake: The Writer trailer (stay out mz) :p

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Dude I get it... You think AW is the best thing since sliced bread... That doesnt change that the idea of continuing the story in a meaningful way through dlc didnt really happen.. Defend Remedy all you want but there are many reasons why the game bombed... And this would be another chink in Remedy's one time bulletproof armour. As with the game they over promised and under delivered.
    My opinion on alan wake is irrelevant, i have just explained why you get no major plot developments in a dlc between two games and remedys exact reason verbatim for why they did it.

Undisclosed
    This simply is not accurate... The dlc has been trumpeted from the begining as a meaningful continuation of the story.... the 1st one was doing so and then the end of the 2nd one nullifies any real meaning to either the writer or the signal...

Personally I wish someone would have told me they were gonna pull this stunt before I threw down cash on dlc that I thought was relevant or pertinent to the story... As I would have not paid for this.

I am sure there are some out there that also would like to know this before they are duped into spending money on such. Im sure there are many people whom would have purchased the dlc full knowing it is just some filler...
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 12-Oct-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: adding to thought spelling
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    This simply is not accurate... The dlc has been trumpeted from the begining as a meaningful continuation of the story.... the 1st one was doing so and then the end of the 2nd one nullifies any real meaning to either the writer or the signal...
    Now by 'trumpeted' do you mean actual advertising or word of mouth? and since when is either 100% accurate to the reason a developer has already made the content? Because all i have said in my posts are remedys reasons for making the dlc the way they did, so they would not be unfair to some of there fans. thats not some bias opinion or defending on my part, thats repeating there reason for there development choices. is it the perfect way? not for everybody but it certainly is for the people who will miss the chance to get it.

You seem to think i am defending an opinion in an argument or something, i am not arguing anything. I have merely stated why they made the dlc the way they did. You seem to be disagreeing with something, but the only topic is that choices have been made in the past by certain people, thats all. you can't be denying that the choices where made as you have played the dlc and seen what they have made and the lack of plot progression contained therein so i assume you found argument within my posts to press the point that developers would add the ending to a game in a dlc only a certain few can get and the revaluation that this is not the case disappointed you. That or you just didn't like it and the reason why are also the reason why it was made the way it was. Regardless thats your opinion and you don't need to argue it to me or anyone its your prerogative to have one but it does not have to be a be all, end all stand to the last to defend it unflinchingly and if you wish to decent the thread into an argument i am sorry to say you will get not further argument from me.

With that i leave the thread to other people to talk about the game itself.

Undisclosed
    Im not the only person who had a similar reaction...http://www.relyonhorror.com/articles...t-kind-of-dlc/
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I just got this and beat it in one sitting adn it was superb, especially compared to the last which felt like a cut and paste walk through the areas of the game whereas this blends the valkyr fueled nightmare levels of max payne with a LOT of silent hill minus walls of meat and there usual style to make the great stepping stone onto alan wake 2- which is rumored to contain both dlc's in its special edition, with my only gripe being one portion that involves precise jumping, when alans jumping is not precise at all. But its literally about 60 seconds of time out of the whole hour long episode so whilst retrying the same jump 5 times because made it but then the stumble animation carried you over the side to your death is very annoying at the time its a very small part of a large chunk of dlc that was surprisingly outdoing its predecessor- though this one they were working on till days before its release so i assume they just put more time into it than the first which felt more like shameless fan service for the excuse of dlc. Bear in mind i got the first free and paid for this one, this one however is probably worth the price more than the first, if your a big fan get both, but you could miss the firsts gameplay since it is just nothing but samey combat condensed into a tiny playtime length. The writer has more plot, more character interaction and just feels like the proper episode of Alan Wake the other one should have been- dont get me wrong, that was fun, this just has more variety and artistic flair to it in comparison.

United States
    Alan Wake 2 appears on a resume:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/altheagata

Previs Artist
    Halon Entertainment

Privately Held; Motion Pictures and Film industry

April 2011 – April 2011 (1 month)

2012 Feature, Untitled Alien Project
    Video Game, "Alan Wake 2" [In-Game Cinematic]
    Halon Entertainment also worked on the "Deliver Hope" trailer for Halo: Reach.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the guys on the remedy forums have been beating around the bush on this for months now. if you played the writer you know 2 is in the works.