Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romero directing remake of "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things"

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Ah, okay, fair enough.

I think the difference is that that was just Savini talking about loose possibilities for the future, for a project that wasn't necessarily greenlit or scripted, just a pipeline thing, whereas this is project now fully-funded, coming together with Romero and Savini locked in and moving towards production.
    I'm not so sure about that. Is the Fearnet link to the original news item even still active? Seems they spoke prematurely, have retracted the story, and taken down the link. At least I can't find it.

EDIT: nevermind, I see that you also noticed that Fearnet has removed the link and posted a cached version for us to read. Cool. Thanx.
    Last edited by ChokeOnEm; 13-Apr-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Yeah, it's possible that he's spoken too soon, but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen or it's not any further forward.

I suspect that Fango was simply not happy about the screenwriter making unofficial announcements about the movie on a rival site before Fango itself had made the announcement. I think we can expect something official within the next few days or weeks.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Yeah, it's possible that he's spoken too soon, but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen or it's not any further forward.

I suspect that Fango was simply not happy about the screenwriter making unofficial announcements about the movie on a rival site before Fango itself had made the announcement. I think we can expect something official within the next few days or weeks.
    Agreed. On a slightly unrelated note...how sad is it that Romero's coolest zombie movie in decades will have been written by someone besides him? (This is assuming that the CSPWDT-remake is better than Land-Survival, which, it most likely will be).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ChokeOnEm View Post
    (This is assuming that the CSPWDT-remake is better than Land-Survival, which, it most likely will be).
    Is that even possible? Wait, I just jinxed it!

United States
    I would love it, I have always loved CSPWDT, while it is clearly dated and very campy it has a special place in my heart as a fan of the genre.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Gotta agree with Ned on this one. Although I find it odd that George would be directing a remake of one of the movies that cashed in on his movies success. Weird, but enticing news nonetheless.
    Just about half the horror movies that came out after NOTLD and DOTD cashed in on his vision.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSMITH View Post
    Just about half the horror movies that came out after NOTLD and DOTD cashed in on his vision.
    I agree- probably more than half. Which is not to say that his last few were not without flaws, but GAR has had a huge influence on the horror films that followed NOLD & DOTD
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Watched the original movie last night. First hour was slow, has decent zombie F/X at the end.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    ....as the title says, Romero will be directing the remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

Savini doing the effects? I thought he gave that up to concentrate solely on acting?

I'll believe it when I see the trailer...
    Man all this talk had me watching the original just now, once again blow away on how under rated this flick is...creepy as hell!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    Creepy factor can not be denied, and I am not just talking about those stripped pants either!