Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Horror Short...

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Okay, so now it works.

Anyhow, I thought it was okay. I liked the style and the grainy black and white etc but I kind of agree with Neil on this one. Why was it so important to show a guy eating soup for 2 mins out of a 3 min short? That said, the acting/laughing was quite decent and the music fit the mood nicely. Good work.
    You don't actually see him eat soup for 2 minutes, it's more like 45 seconds, but if you really want to know, the point of the film was more to mock the nature of student films with their pretentious personal boredom films and have the twist be that it's really about a guy who's boarded himself in from a zombie apocalypse and has lost his mind...Plus I had fun with a sight gag that everyone misses which is both a blessing but I guess it's not really a sight gag...Behind him, when he sits down after turning on the TV, there is a Tales from the Crypt calendar with the dates all x'd off that features zombie hands rising from the grave...

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I thought the point of showing him eating for 45 secs was to show that things were in balance. The laughing breaks that apart, revealing something is not right. I thought the short was really good. IMHO, the ending with the gun having no bullets would have been empty. The guy obviously knew he was going to kill himself. For the most part, suicide is planned. If he knew he didn't have bullets, he would have know before he pointed the gun to his head.

I guess I have thought about that scenerio at some point in my life. Killing myself quickly to avoid being torn apart by zombies. Yeah, I'm a little obsessed with zombie survival.

By the way, great job, I enjoyed it very much. Keep up the good work./applaud
    Last edited by Excessium; 31-Dec-2006 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessium View Post
    the ending with the gun having no bullets would have been empty. The guy obviously knew he was going to kill himself. For the most part, suicide is planned. If he knew he didn't have bullets, he would have know before he pointed the gun to his head.
    Precisely.

I guess I have thought about that scenerio at some point in my life. Killing myself quickly to avoid being torn apart by zombies. Yeah, I'm a little obsessed with zombie survival.
    My girlfriend said she'd let herself get bit so she would turn rather than get eaten.

By the way, great job, I enjoyed it very much. Keep up the good work./applaud
    Thank you very much.

United States
    very nice i liked it alot