Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You mean, Penn Jillette lied?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Militant Agnostic: I can't prove God exists and neither can you.
    I work with one of those. When they put up a Nativity scene somewhere here in Arkansas, the athiests had to put up their own anti GAWD scene as close to it as possible, which is just retarded as it wasn't hurting anyone. My coworker was fervently/frothingly all for it. I personally don't care what Jesus freaks do as long as it doesn't infringe on others' rights. Other things do bother me, like going to 3rd world countries and making poor, hungry people sit through their spiel before they can get food in their bellies. I say give them food, and leave the religion up to them if they want it or not. Let your deeds speak for themselves, I say. People will say/agree with anything to get a meal if they're hungry enough.
    Some people bitch for all the wrong reasons. I doubt a manger, some kings, a baby, his parents, and some animals are really going to hurt anyone. Some of the stuff athiests do is just over the top.
    By the way, everytime I read the thread title I'm like, "Penn Jillette Died?!?!?"
    The only thing I liked about the Penn and Teller movie was that Penn kept saying "Hijo de puta!!!" alot.
    Otherwise, I'm not a big fan of his. I don't like when people scream what they believe at me.
    Last edited by rongravy; 09-Aug-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: blah.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Some of the stuff athiests do is just over the top.
    I think the same thing could be said about the religious people, too.

To each his own, just don't push your belief or non-belief on me, and I will do the same.

Unfortunately, it seems in this realm, both sides seem to jam their ideas down your throat.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Lou's post is great. Thank you, Lou.
    Whatever happened to that religion about the cosmic spaghetti creature, or whatever?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Lou's post is great. Thank you, Lou.
    Whatever happened to that religion about the cosmic spaghetti creature, or whatever?
    Thanks, dude.

What you're referring to would be the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - it's still around.

Just remember, as a member of that church, you are required to dress like a pirate (i'm not kidding.. )
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 11-Aug-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: :p