Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THEY WON'T STAY DEAD! Music from the Soundtrack of NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    Thank you for releasing this soundtrack, I cannot wait to get it. May I ask which cue was not located? Also, will the Karl Hardman electronic tracks be featured as they were originally recorded , or sampled from the film like the Varese LP was, or appear at all?
    Hey, jscott:

Thanks for your interest in the project. All of the tracks on this CD are stock Capitol Hi-Q except for "The Music Box," which is a new recording of the music box owned by Kyra Schon. The only cue that we could not name or locate is the brief passage heard as the cemetery ghoul approaches Barbara. It's not on the cue sheet, doesn't appear on the Varese Sarabande LP and none of the library music experts that I worked with could name it.

The reason some of the track names do not have code numbers is because the legal owners renamed and repackaged those particular cues for use in a new production music library, and it’s necessary that we use the legal names on this type of compilation.

Karl Hardman and Marilyn Eastman always claimed to have radically processed the music that was used in the film. While that may be true, apparently George Romero chose to use the stock music over the processed cues they provided. Except for three stingers processed through a long tape delay (when the cemetery ghoul attacks Barbara, when Barbra finds the corpse at the top of the stairs and the final shot of the bonfire), all the music heard in the film is stock This includes the signature opening and closing titles, and the posse music - all stock cues.

The few bits of synthesizer music produced at Hardman Associates, as well as all of the sound effects seem to be lost and it's doubtful that the master tapes will ever be found. For this reason, I chose to leave this material off this CD release since I dislike pulling audio from the actual film.

Undisclosed
    The CD is now available for pre-order through the Autopsy of the Dead web site -- just click on the cover art and you'll be taken directly to the order page. The release date has once again been pushed back a few weeks so as to not have to rush the replication process.

Nice! It was just ten years ago I paid $80 for a used copy of the Night Varese LP. I'll be ordering this weekend as a birthday present to myself. Thanks DT!

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Is this available yet? I pre-ordered this in late April, and I knew that it got pushed back until late May, but I haven't heard anything further on the release date yet. However, I keep receiving e-mails from Amazon saying that the order is delayed, simply stating that they're "still trying to obtain the item(s)"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyDilemma View Post
    Is this available yet? I pre-ordered this in late April, and I knew that it got pushed back until late May, but I haven't heard anything further on the release date yet.
    It's coming to get you, Barbara! The CD is in the final stages of manufacturing and will be shipping in the next day or so. Amazon orders will take a few days extra since our shipment has to reach their warehouse first.

Thanks A.D., and to all that pre-ordered and have be waiting so patiently for this release. I can't stress enough how amazing and understanding everyone has been. After spending so much time on this project, I thought I'd never care to listen to any music from Night of the Living Dead again, but already I can't wait to see and hear the finished product. I can only imagine how excruciating this wait has been for everyone else.

If you pre-ordered through Amazon and weren't able to hear the audio samples, drop me an e-mail at forensics@autopsyofthedead.com

www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com

Thanks Dubious. I've been checking my mailbox daily with hope of it landing, but didn't want to seem impatient. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    It's coming to get you, Barbara! The CD is in the final stages of manufacturing and will be shipping in the next day or so. Amazon orders will take a few days extra since our shipment has to reach their warehouse first.

Thanks A.D., and to all that pre-ordered and have be waiting so patiently for this release. I can't stress enough how amazing and understanding everyone has been. After spending so much time on this project, I thought I'd never care to listen to any music from Night of the Living Dead again, but already I can't wait to see and hear the finished product. I can only imagine how excruciating this wait has been for everyone else.

If you pre-ordered through Amazon and weren't able to hear the audio samples, drop me an e-mail at forensics@autopsyofthedead.com

www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com
    Thanks for the update, I was wondering what the status was, and Amazon wasn't providing the best of details.

Undisclosed
    All CD orders have shipped including Amazon, which should begin fulfilling their orders on Monday.

Available for pre-order in the UK at http://www.moviegrooves.com/

and in Germany at http://www.soundtrackcorner.de/

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Available for pre-order in the UK at http://www.moviegrooves.com/

and in Germany at http://www.soundtrackcorner.de/

United States
    I received my copy yesterday and I can't wait to check it out. Great work on the packaging design and art. Thanks, Jim!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Thanks, Jim!
    Hey, are you trying to get in my "good graces"?

In other news, now available at Diabolik DVD:

The CD just cracked the Amazon Bestsellers Top 100 in both Movie Soundtracks and Movie Scores.

Undisclosed
    On sale today at Slamazon.

There has been some interest in the bootleg track list, so here it is:

01 Opening Drive
    02 Walking to the Grave
    03 Flight from the Cemetery
    04 Refuge
    05 The Trophy Room
    06 The Clothesline
    07 Dead Connection
    08 Blood from the Landing
    09 Smashing the Headlights
    10 Tire Iron Attack
    11 "Don't Look at It!"
    12 Back Porch Bonfire
    13 Searching the House
    14 The Music Box
    15 Boarding Up
    16 Knocked Out
    17 Fireplace and Torch
    18 Lounge Chair Fire
    19 The Cellar Door
    20 Finding the Rifle
    21 Ben Comforts Barbara
    22 Cleaning the Upstairs
    23 New Arrivals
    24 Attack at the Window
    25 Shock/Stormy
    26 Nightmare World
    27 Down to the Cellar
    28 Up from the Cellar
    29 The Escape Plan
    30 Tom & Judy
    31 Unboarding
    32 Molotov Cocktail Attack
    33 Escape from the House
    34 Truck Escape
    35 Truck on Fire
    36 The Final Siege
    37 Breakthrough
    38 Overrun
    39 The Posse
    40 End Credits

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I'm surprised nobody has commented on this yet. I received my copy a few days ago, and the entire product is masterfully done, from the packaging, to the details, to the music itself, both in terms of the preservation of sound quality, and the pacing.

I've seen the movie soooooo many times that I could visualize each scene, as it's respective score or cue played.

I've been waiting for something like this for quite some time, because I've always felt that the music to Night Of The Living Dead played a big role in the atmosphere of the movie. The themes are so moody and nightmarish, and add that quality to the black and white scenes, set in isolation.

United States
    Thanks for a review. I was waiting to hear from someone on here before I made the purchase. Does anyone know if this will be sold at the Indy Monster Con in a couple of weeks?

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Thanks for a review. I was waiting to hear from someone on here before I made the purchase. Does anyone know if this will be sold at the Indy Monster Con in a couple of weeks?
    It really is worth the purchase, it's immediately evident that a lot of time and effort has been put into this. Everything is there except for one brief cue (when Barbara approaches Hinzman in the cemetery), as Dubious has explained, it couldn't be located.