Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ROTLD... why does everyone despise it so?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd have to respectfully disagree. I can't name 3 better zombie films, can you? ( besides the original dead trilogy of course)

United States
    The ROTLD is EPIC

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i dont despise it at all. anything for the zombie genre is good. no matter if its comedy or what. i like change and i dont like all zed movies being the same

GET THAT DAMN SCREWDRIVER OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsR3j1R6wmU
    Last edited by acealive1; 30-May-2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dead

Undisclosed
    I suppose that I "don't have any taste either", Bassman. I dislike the movies because the dead do talk and can't be killed...and only eat brains! (Why waste the rest of the body?)

Philly has a good point though...you can never beat full frontal nudity. As long as its an attractive woman of course.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    So I don't have any taste because I don't share the same opinion as you?
    Yeah.

United States

Split Dogs in maranara ...

I had a friend that claimed he was the black sludge/chemical drum zed that had the famous line," More Brains!". Of course it wasnt his voice, that being added later by another actor.He also said he was the facial model for the zed on the one sheet to hang in theater lobbys.The one that is spray painting the tombstone. It really looked like him, aside from the rotting of course.Jimm Altman , great songwriter/musician... He died in 1995 ... RIP. Wait a minute, nah I wont go there, its in poor taste.

I would put ROTLD within my top ten favorites of the tradition.

Thats a good question Burt .
    Last edited by DVW5150; 30-May-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: tons of trash attacked me.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cool kid.

“New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.” - John Locke

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Why are you so grouchy? Just because someone says "man, you don't like that film, you have bad taste" doesn't mean you get all depressed and John Locke quoting...

Cheer up, man. I think most people realize that taste is personal to each person.

And that you have none...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Grouchy? Depressed? Nope.

Just saying that because I don't like a film doesn't mean I have bad taste in general. And for one to think so narrow-mindedly is a bit childish.

I hadn't even posted in this thread and you took a cheap shot. Just leave me out of it unless I contribute. Thanks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Just saying that because I don't like a film doesn't mean I have bad taste in general. And for one to think so narrow-mindedly is a bit childish.
    Well, duuh.

Someone's not in a happy mood today.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'd have to respectfully disagree. I can't name 3 better zombie films, can you? ( besides the original dead trilogy of course)
    Well, with the possible exception of ROTLD1, yes: The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue, House By The Cemetary, The Beyond, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Nightmare City, Dead And Buried, ReAnimator, City Of The Living Dead, The Evil Dead, The Blind Dead, Evil Dead 2, Ghost Galleon, Return Of The Evil Dead, Night Of The Seagulls, Zombie Creeping Flesh, Shaun Of The Dead and the Resident Evil films

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Well, duuh.

Someone's not in a happy mood today.
    Why do you keep suggesting that I'm angry, anyway? I'm just defending my opinion That I didn't find ROTLD as great as everyone else seems to think(and that doesn't mean I have bad taste ). It was way too cheesey and over the top for my liking. Then again....I VERY rarely like any other zombie film outside of Romero's universe. The only one that comes close is "28 Days" and we all know they're really not zombies.

I tried to like ROTLD....I did. I was just laughing way to hard AT the movie rather than laughing WITH the movie. I understand that it has that whole campy, nastalgia thing going on but I just wasn't digging it. And I love "Grindhouse" so it's kind of confusing really.

I guess it just wasn't my cup o tea.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    Well, with the possible exception of ROTLD1, yes: The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue, House By The Cemetary, The Beyond, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Nightmare City, Dead And Buried, ReAnimator, City Of The Living Dead, The Evil Dead, The Blind Dead, Evil Dead 2, Ghost Galleon, Return Of The Evil Dead, Night Of The Seagulls, Zombie Creeping Flesh, Shaun Of The Dead and the Resident Evil films

All of those are subject to you're opinion. I'd would even argue that a few of those don't even qualify as zombie films in the traditional sense. I mentioned the original dead trilogy because for all intents and purposes there's no debate that those are better films than ROTLD. I don't think that there's anyone here that would disagree with that. As to the films you mentioned, well?.....

United States
    1 and 3 are the best 2 sucks.

United States
    only good thing about the first one is Linnea Quigley nude on a tombstone

screw the rest of the movie, & the series for that matter