Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if they did find the cure in "DAY"?

United States
    Even in the script for original Day they had instances of the zombies going off their training. It was as bad a plan as what Dr. Logan was concocting in the movie. And they were not teaching them to battle other zombies. They were teaching them to battle humans not wearing the orange markings.

And I had another crazy "cure-ish" idea. If the part of the zombie brain that is stimulated could be disrupted, even temporarily, with something akin to a Tesla coil that emits a short range electrical signal then you could make a sorta zombie suppressor. If you made it portable (runs on a car battery) you could drive around and the zombies would just fall to the ground within some proximity of you. Scavenging would be easy.
    Last edited by Trin; 17-Jul-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    That's a great idea! Thanks for helping me write my next zombie fic!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Even in the script for original Day they had instances of the zombies going off their training. It was as bad a plan as what Dr. Logan was concocting in the movie. And they were not teaching them to battle other zombies. They were teaching them to battle humans not wearing the orange markings.
    The concept was clearly designed to give them a weapon with which they could "sweep" infected areas and clear them. It so just happened to also have the fortunate (for the Governor) side-effect of wiping out any pockets of human resistance that might threaten his power-mad dream.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    The concept was clearly designed to give them a weapon with which they could "sweep" infected areas and clear them. It so just happened to also have the fortunate (for the Governor) side-effect of wiping out any pockets of human resistance that might threaten his power-mad dream.
    Huh.. I didn't get that impression from reading the script. I'll have to give it another once-over after I get some pepto-bismol for afterwards. I always got the impression the governor was training the zombies as an army for use against his enemies, ie other jealous humans. I'm not an expert on the original script by any measure. I've read it a couple times but hated it.

United States
    But how are they gonna adapt to that? Learn to fight each other? Great! Mission accomplished.
    No. They adapt by realizing they aren't getting fed any meat while they're out "doing the job", and simply say, "fuck this shit; I'm going back to the base and eating those live people".

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    A low tech cure for zombies would be to ship a bunch of hyenas and vultures over from Africa, and let them eat the zombies. These two animals, and maybe the American buzzard too, are unique in that they are immune from all know pathogens. They can eat the most disease ridden, purified meat imaginable and not get sick.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    No. They adapt by realizing they aren't getting fed any meat while they're out "doing the job", and simply say, "fuck this shit; I'm going back to the base and eating those live people".
    It would be possible to build some reward element. For example:

Train the zombies to associate a special alarm sound with being fed (a la Pavlov's Dogs), when they drop the zombies off in an area of the city, they also plant an audio device at ground zero. During the day, the zombies are free to roam the area, killing anything that moves. At dusk, once the area is mostly cleared, the device emits the "food" alarm at high volume and all the trained zombies in the area will return to ground zero to be fed.

United States
    It would be possible to build some reward element. For example:

Train the zombies to associate a special alarm sound with being fed (a la Pavlov's Dogs), when they drop the zombies off in an area of the city, they also plant an audio device at ground zero. During the day, the zombies are free to roam the area, killing anything that moves. At dusk, once the area is mostly cleared, the device emits the "food" alarm at high volume and all the trained zombies in the area will return to ground zero to be fed.

To be fed what, exactly? People?? It won't work.

United States
    I say no matter what the cure might have been, if it did not involve the zombies instantaneously keeling over and becoming harmless it wouldn't have made a bit of difference to the group in the cave who were on a one way path to imploding tragically.

I could see it now.

DR. LOGAN
    Captain, this cure guarantees that none of us here, neither you nor I, nay not even Rickles will reanimate after expiration. My scientific mission to prevent us from becoming zombies is an ultimate success- say, wouldn't father be proud of me now!!

RHODES
    Motherfucker! We fucking would still be fucking dead! You fucking fucker! Fuck you Frankenstein, this is the fucking shit that is supposed to fucking knock our fucking socks off? What the fucking hell? All you are fucking doing is jerking each other off in there, you fucking fuck fuck!!!

DR. LOGAN
    Be civil, Captain! Those are my stockings!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 18-Jul-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I say no matter what the cure might have been, if it did not involve the zombies instantaneously keeling over and becoming harmless it wouldn't have made a bit of difference to the group in the cave who were on a one way path to imploding tragically.

I could see it now.

DR. LOGAN
    Captain, this cure guarantees that none of us here, neither you nor I, nay not even Rickles will reanimate after expiration. My scientific mission to prevent us from becoming zombies is an ultimate success- say, wouldn't father be proud of me now!!

RHODES
    Motherfucker! We fucking would still be fucking dead! You fucking fucker! Fuck you Frankenstein, this is the fucking shit that is supposed to fucking knock our fucking socks off? What the fucking hell? All you are fucking doing is jerking each other off in there, you fucking fuck fuck!!!

DR. LOGAN
    Be civil, Captain! Those are my stockings!
    Jim, I could definitely see that line of dialogue, I'm sure Rhodes (after ensuring that he has his hair properly and proportionately greased and straightened) would think of at least a few good witticisms to throw in there for good measure between all the "fucks" -- and let's not forget Steel, he'd be right behind him to throw in a "Fuckin A' captain!" at the end of the very apt dialogue.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever