Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl wins battle to wear jewellery to school...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    Sorry I know this may offend some of you
    Truth is always offensive. Better to just roll over before those that think it's their right to tell you what you will or will not allow.

Undisclosed
    Damn, that's one ugly girl.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    School uniforms are absurd. Why try to mold all the kids into what a small minded few think is "acceptable". The only way a kid should be forced to wear a school uniform is if its a private school and it isn't funded by my tax dollars. If I am paying for the local public schooling then free speech which I think should encompass what you wear should not be messed with.

United States
    So the English teacher coming in with an eyebrow ring, mohawk, and Kurt Cobain wardrobe would be acceptable?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    So the English teacher coming in with an eyebrow ring, mohawk, and Kurt Cobain wardrobe would be acceptable?
    Wow, what school does she teach at?

Did I miss the point of this article, or was this girl actually kept out of school over this?

United States
    Who said it was a "she"? Oh, I get it...you think only women are English teachers! Sexist!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Doesn't bother me I wouldn't send my children to a public school, even at gunpoint.

Undisclosed
    Oh, I get it...you think only women are English teachers! Sexist!
    It's the only way to fly!

United States
    I think that everyone is missing the point of this article. The real point is. . why is this 34 year old Samoan woman attempting to pass herself off as a 14 year old Muslim? Hmmmm?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Midlife crisis?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I think that everyone is missing the point of this article. The real point is. . why is this 34 year old Samoan woman attempting to pass herself off as a 14 year old Muslim? Hmmmm?

that's a classic.

she certainly does have the look of someone who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every single branch on the way down.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    I am glad some of us agree. The rest behind her are gruesome looking,too.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    School uniforms are absurd. Why try to mold all the kids into what a small minded few think is "acceptable". The only way a kid should be forced to wear a school uniform is if its a private school and it isn't funded by my tax dollars. If I am paying for the local public schooling then free speech which I think should encompass what you wear should not be messed with.
    Just can't agree, for all the reasons I've already listed... Makes the schools, teachers (& pupils) lives sooo much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    That is rude, balshy, and very funny
    Last edited by Neil; 30-Jul-2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Christ, poor girl is 14 and she's getting slayed because of her looks!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Christ, poor girl is 14 and she's getting slayed because of her looks!
    Agreed, but let's not forget, (1) she's the one who put herself up on the I'm special pedestal, (2) she's the one who's visited the cookie jar a bit too often.

But yes, you are right!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan