Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: since when do they need passports?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post

"We'll let you visit, but you're not staying, motherfucker!"

i doubt theyd wanna stay there

Undisclosed
    "The Iroquois documents look similar to U.S. passports but are emblazoned with a Haudenosaunee insignia featuring a tree and animal emblems."

Sounds like they do have passports.

"Since the Sept. 11 attacks, the U.S. has tightened up identification rules for foreign travelers from close U.S. allies such as France, Germany and the United Kingdom."

Ah-ha! Now we really see from whence the stench originates.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    know the rules first...... anytime u enter a reservation, ur not in US territory anymore.

so their rules,period.
    If this were truly the case they''d need passports to pass from reservations to US soil? and the airports aren't on reservation land are they? So technically....

Personally I think they should suck it up a bit and try to form some sort of solution rather than turning up at the airport and throwing a hissy fit.

For instace their "tribal, handwritten" passports are obviously stupid and they need a place in the passport authority offices where they can be issued with passports that better reflect their citizenship.

How does it work with public services then? Are the police allowed on reservation land? are they used by native americans in an emergency?

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Meh, It's a gray area. They want all the rights of a Sovereign nation since, they sorta are..

I guess they have a psudo Autonomy. I know Israel has a couple out reach programs to native Americans, and more tribes are pushing for recognition of their status. Let them be their own countries with passports ect. It really won't hurt us at all.
    Unless of course they wear anything that covers their face?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    i personally know some amish people, they dont even have a picture on their work id
    That may well be, but work ID generally has less stringent requirements than international travel documents.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    If this were truly the case they''d need passports to pass from reservations to US soil? and the airports aren't on reservation land are they? So technically....

Personally I think they should suck it up a bit and try to form some sort of solution rather than turning up at the airport and throwing a hissy fit.

For instace their "tribal, handwritten" passports are obviously stupid and they need a place in the passport authority offices where they can be issued with passports that better reflect their citizenship.

How does it work with public services then? Are the police allowed on reservation land? are they used by native americans in an emergency?

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Unless of course they wear anything that covers their face?

no no no. when u leave and enter indian land to US soil, its pretty much an unspoken thing that they have where u can go from place to place without a passport. same with puerto rico and the US.

look at the last link i posted.......not handwritten

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    i doubt theyd wanna stay there
    Wow....

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

no no no. when u leave and enter indian land to US soil, its pretty much an unspoken thing that they have where u can go from place to place without a passport. same with puerto rico and the US.

Well I saw the pic and the cover isn't handwritten - the first link you posted says they are....

Either way, as I say, they need to get their own allocation at the passport authority in the US. Print their own passports with US regulation watermarks etc but designed by their native people. Can't see why they haven't done that yet.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Yeah, you can go from place to place within the US (and its territories, like Puerto Rico) without a passport because you're never leaving the external borders of the US. Go to Europe like these people wanted to do, though, and it's a different story. The Indian rules don't apply all over the world. The tribes have a special relationship with the US.

Not completely handwritten, but umpteen gajillion sources are clear that they're partly handwritten. They probably got a bunch of passport booklets printed up with blanks for personal information and a space for a photo, and fill the blanks in by hand for each individual.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States

For instace their "tribal, handwritten" passports are obviously stupid
    LOL...I needed that this morning thanks!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    LOL...I needed that this morning thanks!
    lol you know what I mean though right - it's like handing someone an IOU instead of real money...!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The other day I got pulled over. I gave the cop a piece of paper with a smiley face and "Bassman - allowed to drive".

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

The other day I got pulled over. I gave the cop a piece of paper with a smiley face and "Bassman - allowed to drive".
    Classic.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Wow....[COLOR="Silver"]

theres nothing wow about it. all i said is they wouldnt wanna stay there. nothing behind it,calm down

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

or just keep driving into reservation territory and the cops can do nothing

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    or just keep driving into reservation territory and the cops can do nothing

What is it with you and the reservations? These guys were in an airport. Where the same rules apply to EVERYONE regardless of race, religion, sex, etc.

Chasing Prey

Canada

What is it with you and the reservations? These guys were in an airport. Where the same rules apply to EVERYONE regardless of race, religion, sex, etc.

maybe because my great grandmother is 100% blackfoot indian? that might be it....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    maybe because my great grandmother is 100% blackfoot indian? that might be it....
    Sorry, I guess?

It still doesn't change the fact that a universal rule is just that - A rule that applies to everyone.