Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soo what does everyone do for a living?

Kazakhstan
    i work for the man (or er, local councils, but doesn't sound as cool) making training videos & event documentation. woohoo. money's nice though.

eventually i hope to work in a tv studio as a floor manager or director, as that's what i'm trained for.

i doss about on the side with a metal band and i do a bit of (crap) writing too.

Canada
    I work at a food basics stocking shelves in order to pay my way towards college...hoping to get into corrections.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Corporate and legal research.

aka glorified PARALEGAL
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States

Past, Present & Hopefully Future:

Past, Present & Hopefully Future:

If I start from High School, I worked in a couple fastfood joints, one for only a month until I flipped my car, then later a factory for a week making bullet-proof panels for Humvees. (It involved sticky fiberglas and ovens, hotting than hell!) Then a car parts factory in their computer lab watching a quad-screen to make sure the factory robots job tasks came back with a good condition code of double zero, change tapes in the 'vault' that always freaked me out because if there was a fire, supposedly the door would seal and this gas would fill to extinguish it. If a human was caught in it, you were pretty much dead, but you had plenty of time to get out, then print out hard-copy reports for the lazy @$$es out on the floor who wanted a hard copy in hand even though they could pull it up on their computer terminals.

Later, nightstock grocery, drug-gm (non-food), frozen and now running 'Nature's Market', which is a huge @$$ organic section in the produce. (It is suppose to become its own department and then I can get a freaking raise to department head pay.)

Formally, reserve deputy sheriff and also hospital police officer.

Now and hopefully future full-time job of writing books, directing movies, illustrating, etc.

College bound tech school interest in maybe a year or so: Computer systems, admin, networking, etc. or film production.

Funny how a lot here have computer networking, etc as their occupation. Does it really suck? I thought it would be pretty good and pay well. I make just over $13 a hour in a grocery store. What does a computer admin make? It should be more than this!

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States
    I made 6.40$ working at a grocery store...you suck

capncnut
    I impregnate horses on Dappledown Farm. It's a stable job I guess.

United States
    I'm a Private first class with the Indiana national gaurd, it doesn't pay much, from about 9am saturday to 2pm saturday i make about $200, then again I do get paid to sleep about 7 hours to. And I'm a recruting assistant, and get 2k for each person i got in, got about 4k so far, and working on a couple more.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    I'm a vet tech at a university. Today that means I'm wrestling pigs and trying to figure out whether the rat has a tumor or an infected testicle. It also means I work 50-55 hours a week.

I need to trade for a job where I waste time at work......oops...that's what I'm doing now.
    A penny for the old guy.

Scotland
    Been in higher education for 4 years, have an honours degree in Network Computing (2:1)

Worked at Standard Life for 6 months and will be returning in a couple weeks for a small contract.

Banned User

United States
    I process Insurance claims for one of the largest health insurance companies in the world. I sit in a cubicle all day. Big fun. NOT!

Lots of DRAMA in my office.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    aka glorified PARALEGAL
    Not really.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    I impregnate horses on Dappledown Farm. It's a stable job I guess.
    You must be really tall!

Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I'm a Private first class with the Indiana national gaurd,
    Thank you for your service Exatreides!

Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Not really.
    Shortest post in Khardis' history!
    Last edited by dmbfanintn; 03-Nov-2006 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    I work a container board plant (paper mill producing the paper used to make the materials used to make carboard boxes) - Weyerhaeuser (I've been there for three years and I still can't spell it). Anyway, they ask me do stuff that I could have finished in like a month or two but I stretch it out over a year. I work there two days a week and every day weekday I have off from school. It pays my fuel expense. I'm really just living off my parents but they stopped putting gas in my vehicle. I'm in Computer Information Systems. Hopefully I'll worm my way into a local position so I don't have to move. Yeah, I screw around alot.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    You must be really tall!

Thank you for your service Exatreides!

Shortest post in Khardis' history!
    Ya know, every time you guys bait me I report your post. Did you know that?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Renovation/construction during the day.

At night/weekends I play in a band.

I have a dream of getting to the point where I don't have to do the day-time thing......