Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 release date and price revealed

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now compared to the 360 the my xbox looks reet retro, but its still the pimp of this gen consoles.

but only cus i got the daemonic mitosis kit from gameworx.net
    Last edited by Danny; 10-May-2006 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    What I'm interested in hearing is what the diehard PS fanboys will be saying about the size of the PS3. If you remember when the Xbox came out people were complaining about it's size & weight. The PS3 is bigger then both the Xbox & the 360:

PS3: 325mm x 98mm x 274mm / 5kg
    Xbox: 320mm x 101mm x 260mm / 3.84kg
    Xbox 360: 309mm x 83mm x 258mm /3.49kg

It's going to be funny to hear the PS fanboys justify the size of the PS3 when they were killing the Xbox for being HUGE .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65
    What I'm interested in hearing is what the diehard PS fanboys will be saying about the size of the PS3. If you remember when the Xbox came out people were complaining about it's size & weight. The PS3 is bigger then both the Xbox & the 360:

PS3: 325mm x 98mm x 274mm / 5kg
    Xbox: 320mm x 101mm x 260mm / 3.84kg
    Xbox 360: 309mm x 83mm x 258mm /3.49kg

It's going to be funny to hear the PS fanboys justify the size of the PS3 when they were killing the Xbox for being HUGE .
    Of course it's big. How the hell can you play and grill yourself a burger if it was small. I swear that thing looks like one of those new generation George Foreman grills. I think one reason for its size has to be the Blu-Ray drive. First generation drives of any new media formats always come out bigger.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    Of course it's big. How the hell can you play and grill yourself a burger if it was small. I swear that thing looks like one of those new generation George Foreman grills. I think one reason for its size has to be the Blu-Ray drive. First generation drives of any new media formats always come out bigger.
    that's great !! Someone with some Photoshop skills will have to work on a George Foreman hawking the PS3 pic !!

Fiji
    google image search it .

it's already been done.

nevermind, i found one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    google image search it .

it's already been done.

nevermind, i found one.

thats my new desktop picture now.

United States
    You know, it would be cool if a console can do that. A player will never have to leave his seat if the console is set-up right next to him.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    with a british add on preriferal that makes your 360 make a decent kebab, oy gates dont be stingy wit' doner!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    times are changing and people want more than another football or racing game they want breath taking scenery cinemtaics ,orchestral sounds , awesome storylines and guitar hero, but thats beside the point.
    That's Halo 3 right there.

Remember the uproar over H2 the day it came, how it shattered all previous records for a single day video game sales. All the fan boy geeks were dressing up in their master chief costumes and waiting in line for like 5 hours to get a copy at midnight? Remember all that?

You ain't seen nothing yet. The Halo 3 hype will be ridiculous! Like nothing we have ever seen in the video game world.

How many of you guys remember that GTA San Andreas came out on the same day as Halo 3?

I have been putting off geting a 360 for the price to drop, but if it has not by the time H3 comes out, I will be getting my 360.

I do not have a ps2, but I have 2 xbox's, we also own 3 gamertags for live. we are an xbox family so I can not ever see us buying a ps3.

At that price, there's no way I would!

I would buy one if they incorporated the GF Grill in it though!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn

Remember the uproar over H2 the day it came, how it shattered all previous records for a single day video game sales. All the fan boy geeks were dressing up in their master chief costumes and waiting in line for like 5 hours to get a copy at midnight? Remember all that?

umm actually no, in engladn there was no hype i ran to the store wheni got off the bus and there was one clerk reading a copy of the ultimate xmen behind the counter and shelves of halo 2 copys he said no one had come in yet and that was at 12:35.

Undisclosed
    Well there was hype here in the states. It was all over TV how people were standing in line and stuff.

I live in a small town (Pop 10,000) and my son and I walked right into Game Stop and picked up our copy (SE with the tin case and DVD).
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    google image search it .

it's already been done.

nevermind, i found one.

Thanks for posting the pic p2501.

Undisclosed
    Blahh too much money. I've always considered myself a "Gamer" but maybe not an extreme one since I'm younger and yeah never have any money, I can't hold onto that stuff to save my life. I was really looking forward to the Playstation 3 but now I've started to get into more xbox games and I'm looking into the Xbox 360 as the next big thing I beg for from my parents or try to save up for.
    Right now though I still have fun playing my PS2 and regular old Xbox it's always funny how you get the "Cool" or "Newer" consoles and then the "More" new ones come out all soon it's depressing but it happens that way with everything haha. I still have my Sega and Nintendo 64 from when those used to be "OMGWTF Todallllyyee Awsome!!111" It's fun to compare the games now. ^^

I'll follow him there.
    "When tomorrow comes...We'll be one of them. <3"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think ,from the ones ive added up, ive finished 1600 games so... yeah i guess i am a hardcore gamer i usually go to game were they sell 4 for £20 so i go through about 8 games a month.
    im hopeing that in the year after next, when ive finished college and hopefully get into some freelance work with writing ,photography and my own movies, to enter the world cyber games as i think i could make to the final rounds, they need smash bros. though.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn

You ain't seen nothing yet. The Halo 3 hype will be ridiculous! Like nothing we have ever seen in the video game world.

How many of you guys remember that GTA San Andreas came out on the same day as Halo 3?

I have been putting off geting a 360 for the price to drop, but if it has not by the time H3 comes out, I will be getting my 360.

I do not have a ps2, but I have 2 xbox's, we also own 3 gamertags for live. we are an xbox family so I can not ever see us buying a ps3.

At that price, there's no way I would!

I would buy one if they incorporated the GF Grill in it though!

i went to a midnight release for H2, and i'm usually one of the first people to jump on the dork hate bangwagon, the release was pretty chill. it was mostly adults just jibba jabberin with one another, and picking on the "fast and the furious" kids that were driving though the shoping center parking lot.