Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: worst stephen king movie...

Undisclosed
    I saw a movie a LOOOOOOONG time ago called Boogeyman that was based on a King short story...Now that movie really sucked! That made some of the ones mentioned above look like oscar award material. I am not talking about The new Boogeyman movie(s), this was old, about an abusive father and husband that meets his fate at the hands of the boogeyman.

United States
    although tommyknockers is boring as hell sleepwalkers takes the cake for me. if i'm 10 years old and i hated it, it's bad.

United States
    Yeah, I gota say sleep walkers takes the cake.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Yeah, I gota say sleep walkers takes the cake.
    It never really made sense thematically, and even as an excuse to pick up a Paycheck, it was such a waste of Alice Krige's talent. And just what was going on with Brian Krause (later to be known as Holly Comb's whitelighter beau on Charmed.) and his amazing T-1000 shape shifting car.
    Not bad enough to be fun, just bad.
    On the plus, Madchen Amick was nice eye candy and made for a plucky heroine.

Wayne Z
    Last edited by wayzim; 12-Mar-2009 at 06:06 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I did, however, realllly fancy the girl from Sleepwalkers at the time...

So, for some of us it might not be without some redeeming qualities.
    MMmmmmmm. . .Madchen Amick. . . .hated the movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I saw a movie a LOOOOOOONG time ago called Boogeyman that was based on a King short story...Now that movie really sucked! That made some of the ones mentioned above look like oscar award material. I am not talking about The new Boogeyman movie(s), this was old, about an abusive father and husband that meets his fate at the hands of the boogeyman.
    That movie has NOTHING to do with the Steven King short story. Just shares a name.
    Last edited by clanglee; 12-Mar-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    MMmmmmmm. . .Madchen Amick. . . .hated the movie though.

That movie has NOTHING to do with the Steven King short story. Just shares a name.
    Actually it was based on Kings short...I am not talking about the newer movie this one is from the 80's. It doesn't matter it was BAD!

United States
    Actually it was based on Kings short...I am not talking about the newer movie this one is from the 80's. It doesn't matter it was BAD!
    Yeah, no. . I know the movie you are talking about. Saw it in a drive in when I was a kid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080464/

It was indeed a horrible movie. It has a special place in my psyche because of it's disturbing beginning.

But. . . it has no affiliation with King's short story. I believe there was a short tv version of the short story, but I can't quite remember.

Ahhh here it is. . .
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112558/
    Last edited by clanglee; 13-Mar-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Undisclosed
    Yes this is the one...I had the VHS tape of it...Terrible!!! and written by King??? WTF

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The Langoliers for me
    Like DJ, I say Langoliers - pretty stinky. But I have not had the privilege of seeing a lot of the other titles mentioned here, so maybe there is a stinkier one out there that I haven't hit up yet.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Yes this is the one...I had the VHS tape of it...Terrible!!! and written by King??? WTF
    Yeah, from what I remember of it it was a low budget, badly acted student looking, short film.

Undisclosed
    Worst King Adaptions-The Running Man and The Lawnmower Man. The Lawnmower Man shares nothing in common with the source material besides title and a guy gets killed with a mower, The Running Man goes from a kind of Blade Runner type dystopian future to American Gladiators, who kill the contestants. The ending to King's novel had a They Live type ending and turns out, a bit prophetic. The movie had Ah-nold in spandex.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    Worst King Adaptions-The Running Man and The Lawnmower Man. The Lawnmower Man shares nothing in common with the source material besides title and a guy gets killed with a mower, The Running Man goes from a kind of Blade Runner type dystopian future to American Gladiators, who kill the contestants. The ending to King's novel had a They Live type ending and turns out, a bit prophetic. The movie had Ah-nold in spandex.
    They Live is such a great movie! (Just watched it) The worst thing was the catchphrases, though... Arnold, c'mon.... can't remember 'em now, but they was awful, child. Great read, passable film.

United States
    Bothing endings to the "The Stand" and "IT" Were pretty weak compared to how strong the rest of the mini series had been.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack