Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Krueger rumours...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ah , i get you, thats true, englund IS krueger, itd be like replacing warwick davis with steve buscemi in the role of the leprechaun from those movies. sure it would be unusual and therefore entertaining but it will neer compare to the origional.

sorry, whent a bit yahtzee there.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ah , i get you, thats true, englund IS krueger, itd be like replacing warwick davis with steve buscemi in the role of the leprechaun from those movies. sure it would be unusual and therefore entertaining but it will neer compare to the origional..
    Now THAT would be some stunt-casting!!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ah , i get you, thats true, englund IS krueger, itd be like replacing warwick davis with steve buscemi in the role of the leprechaun from those movies. sure it would be unusual and therefore entertaining but it will neer compare to the origional.

sorry, whent a bit yahtzee there.
    "How come I gotta look for gold? Why can't I look for silver or precious gems? Why can't Mr. White look for the damn gold?!?"
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Canada
    Another remake...
    Another reason to stick with the original
    and stop the pain of seeing another remake.
    Seeing the halloween remake almost killed me

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Another remake... Another reason to stick with the original
    I know Rusters, precicely the reason why I will stick with the first three, even though the first two sequels were s**t technically.

Don't get me started on the rest!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

Don't get me started on the rest!
    So, what are your thoughts on Freddy's Dead?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    So, what are your thoughts on Freddy's Dead?
    LOL, it was 'dead' from the beginning. Not even Alice Cooper could save it!

I saw it at the cinema actually and felt a right c**t puttin' on those glasses, just like everyone else in the theatre when the film prompted it. Dire flick!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, I'll tell you what. I respect Englund's work as the character, but a couple of months ago the consensus would have been that Jack Nicholson IS the joker. Ledger's performance shot that to hell so let's see what the dudes got.

That being said Ledger's performance was world class and it would take a performance of that caliber to make peoplesee Englund as the true Freddy.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well, I'll tell you what. I respect Englund's work as the character, but a couple of months ago the consensus would have been that Jack Nicholson IS the joker. Ledger's performance shot that to hell so let's see what the dudes got.
    Well one argument against that thought would be that Nicholson was one of several people to play the character and he only played it once. People liked him, but it wasn't unanimous as many people disliked his version of the character. In Freddy's case, Englund has played him from the beginning and it would just seem wrong in their eyes to see somebody else take over the role (and I don't want to see anybody else in the role).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well one argument against that thought would be that Nicholson was one of several people to play the character and he only played it once. People liked him, but it wasn't unanimous as many people disliked his version of the character. In Freddy's case, Englund has played him from the beginning and it would just seem wrong in their eyes to see somebody else take over the role (and I don't want to see anybody else in the role).

That's a very good point but who's next on the list after Nicholson? Ceasar Romero? PLEEEEZE. Romero's Joker was campy at best and struck fear into the hearts of no one. That being the case Nicholson might as well have been the only one to play the joker because before ledger, no one was even worthy to put on his lipstick.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That's a very good point but who's next on the list after Nicholson? Ceasar Romero? PLEEEEZE. Romero's Joker was campy at best and struck fear into the hearts of no one. That being the case Nicholson might as well have been the only one to play the joker because before ledger, no one was even worthy to put on his lipstick.
    A lot of people would put Mark Hamill on the list and rightfully so in my opinion. I think he nailed the character for the animated vision of the Joker much like Nicholson did in Burton's film and Ledger did in Nolan's recreation. I don't think Heath has a firm grip on the character but he does for that concept of the character. Nicholson and Hamill played more for the camp of the character and I agree, Ceasar Romero just did nothing. I mean how does the Clown Prince of Gotham decide to torment Batman by challenging him in a surfing contest?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Why? Seriously, why?

As the Fresh Prince would say, "CHING CHING!".

MOOLAH Baby! Its a recognizable title with a recognizable villian. People will go see it. PERIOD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    LOL, it was 'dead' from the beginning. Not even Alice Cooper could save it!
    if alice cooper cant save something, then youse knows its ****ed!

*loads up poison on i-tunes*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think Heath has a firm grip on the character but he does for that concept of the character.
    Go read some comics and graphic novels and then try to say that.

As for krueger.....couldn't care any less. I've always thought the Nightmare films got more attention than they deserved, anyway...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    As the Fresh Prince would say, "CHING CHING!".

MOOLAH Baby! Its a recognizable title with a recognizable villian. People will go see it. PERIOD.

The Halloween remake is proof of that.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*