Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zombie Apocalypse: Ving Rhames Rides Again (SyFy Premiere Oct. 29th)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    not the worst thing i've ever seen.

the people using bows were members of an archery team (i guess the poster above missed that one).
    Maybe they might have been a part of an archery team. I shoot a bow with the medieval reenactment group I'm involved with. This fact does not (and should not) imply that I can hit the bullseye at any given range 100% of the time. The characters in ZA never missed a zombie's forehead... not once.

I'm surprised ZA's screenplay writer didn't have the characters chow down on loads of beans & cabbage, load arrows into their respective arsses, then FART the arrows into the zombies that blocked their path. SyFy's ZA archers are amazing!

my plan stays the same: my kayak and the ohio river, which is less that 2 miles from my house and is a straight shot down one road to get to. there are small rivers and large creeks that feed into the ohio, i've explored most of them and a couple of them lead literally into the middle of nowhere. northern ky east of the cincinnati metro area doesn't have enough people in it to fill up a decent sized football stadium. the southern part of ohio is the same way.
    Sounds like you have a good plan. Mine is similar; major river not too far away from my house; grab a boat and get to an area that is relatively devoid of people yet close enough to places that can be raided for supplies.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 31-Oct-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    Maybe they might have been a part of an archery team. I shoot a bow with the medieval reenactment group I'm involved with. This fact does not (and should not) imply that I can hit the bullseye at any given range 100% of the time. The characters in ZA never missed a zombie's forehead... not once.

Sounds like you have a good plan. Mine is similar; major river not too far away from my house; grab a boat and get to an area that is relatively devoid of people yet close enough to places that can be raided for supplies.
    your first point is granted. you are right - they didn't miss a single shot, even the long range ones. then again, john wayne never missed with a revolver on horseback from 100yds. i think i may have just committed a sacrilige there by bringing the duke's name (and incredible on-screen marksmanship) into the discussion.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    They had a good introduction until they added in the part about the

government bombing the United States with EMP devices to halt the spread of the virus. WTF? The zombie apocalypse isn't bad enough, so they nuke the entire country ON PURPOSE to destroy all of the electronic infrastructure? Not that it's going to make much difference in the long run, after all ... don't zombies travel by walking?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    your first point is granted. you are right - they didn't miss a single shot, even the long range ones. then again, john wayne never missed with a revolver on horseback from 100yds. i think i may have just committed a sacrilige there by bringing the duke's name (and incredible on-screen marksmanship) into the discussion.
    No one can stop the Duke and his magical Hollywood revolver... well, except for perhaps a SyFy Original style crossbow, compound bow, or lightsaber-ish Japanese katana weilded by a thin but smoking hot model.

-- -------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    They had a good introduction until they added in the part about the

government bombing the United States with EMP devices to halt the spread of the virus. WTF? The zombie apocalypse isn't bad enough, so they nuke the entire country ON PURPOSE to destroy all of the electronic infrastructure? Not that it's going to make much difference in the long run, after all ... don't zombies travel by walking?
    Kind of makes the government more of a threat than the zombies, eh?
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 31-Oct-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: ed

United States
    Not that bad...but a lot of unanswered questions left....and bad continuity.....I saw the same female zombie in three scenes in different cities..and one zombie got shot...then appeared in the next scene!!!!
    "No Day But Today"-RENT

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by GRMonLI View Post
    Not that bad...but a lot of unanswered questions left....and bad continuity.....I saw the same female zombie in three scenes in different cities..and one zombie got shot...then appeared in the next scene!!!!
    So general opinions?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So general opinions?
    my general opinion is that it is worth a look. simply that and nothing more. it isn't a horrible movie nor is it, by any stretch, a great one. the flick has some decent ideas (different kinds of zombies, safe zones, the infection spreading to animals) but most of them are left hanging out there in the breeze without much of an explaination.

ragnarr is right - the hot chick's katana cuts through things like it's a light saber and the archers never miss - in fact, no one ever misses a shot until a character needs killing off.
    Last edited by Mike70; 01-Nov-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So general opinions?
    From me? Wel......(possible spoilers)...

I think that the EMP angle was actually a good way to explain why they were walking all the time.

What was the deal with the flaming object across the sky? ( aset up for an alien storyline?)

Out of nowhere the animals suddenly started to be infected?

At one point they start to talk about the zombies getting smarter ...then just drop it.

ANd I kind of think that the ending happened because they just ranout of ideas!!! LOL LOL
    "No Day But Today"-RENT

Aaland
    hello all! number 1 im not new just couldnt remember my login info... previously shadowofthedead previously spydermanssc... number 2 i want your enfield mike70 and if evil ned is around you suck and guns are better than your blades!!! 3... i dont know i enjoyed the movie. i love every thing zombie even if its stupid like children of the living dead. so i dont anal-lize everything like some do. but hey whatever. hope to have many great conversations with old and new members alike...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by botc View Post
    hello all! number 1 im not new just couldnt remember my login info... previously shadowofthedead previously spydermanssc... number 2 i want your enfield mike70 and if evil ned is around you suck and guns are better than your blades!!! 3... i dont know i enjoyed the movie. i love every thing zombie even if its stupid like children of the living dead. so i dont anal-lize everything like some do. but hey whatever. hope to have many great conversations with old and new members alike...
    Welcome back not-new botc!

As far as ZA, I was hoping that Ving would finally (finally) get to some island during a zombie apocalypse without being killed, but noooOOOoooo!
    "Meow bitch!" (sigh) geezus

Aaland
    well yes and no. i could care less about that. its all about the zombies for me. now the walking dead... that is something close to my heart. but thats for another thread. i did like how they developed the dog... dog follows twice... dog comes back third time to try and eat the survivors. thought i was hoping for a crazy mutated super zombie at the end of the movie instead of the tiger zombies... i like how the movie reminded me of a video game... dog was a boss then there were a couple of runners... then that big giant zombie then the tigers of course. anyone else get this feeling?