Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x03 "Isolation" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    When Tyreese approaches her from behind; not only did it foreshadow Carol's guilt but the look on her face told the entire story.
    Carol was the one who told Andrea to sleep with The Governor so she would be able to kill him easily. So, no, Carol murdering people for the sake of the group was not out of character. It's been slowly brewing inside her. Just wanted to point that out.
    Good points both. I think this episode will be rather good on a second viewing - knowing that Carol killed Karen and Dave - once you know the truth, it is indeed written all over her face and actions during the episode. There's an awful lot going on inside her head in this episode - a great episode for Melissa Bride!

Also, good call on her giving the knife to Andrea in 3x11 - a step towards this kind of thing - there she was encouraging someone else to do the dirty (to a bastard), and here she's doing the dirty herself (to innocent people) for the greater good. I wonder what Pookie would think of her actions? I wonder if she'll confess to Daryl about it...

I also thought that walker at the fence (the male one that goes after Carol) was pretty cool - it was all in the wide open maw sliding from side-to-side. Creepy.

Oh, and another thing - I'm assuming that the rucksack Carl had was the same one as the survivor who they didn't pick up in 3x12.

Not much of an episode for memes, but I was still able to find a couple of angles...

TWD 4x03 Memes:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...x03-memes.html

Now what's he going to do with all his spare time?!

Jesus, Carol...

Creepy Judith...

4x02 Bonus Meme ... she's really into those cups.

Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Oct-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

4x02 Bonus Meme ... she's really into those cups.

Nice

Theory (comic spoiler)

I keep getting the impression they're setting Beth up to get shot through the chest while holding Judith, like it happened to Lori in the comics.

Super Moderator

United States
    They continue to be on target so far this season. A very good episode with some solid action, character interaction, reveals and...one huge, badass herd! I think that glimpse was just enough of an oh-sh*t factor to make for major impact.

In any event, I think they're on solid ground so far, but I'm a little worried they're going to kill off too many side characters right away. I too would like to see some more outside-time on the runs, but unlike some of you guys I'm not looking forward to leaving the prison behind yet.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    They continue to be on target so far this season. A very good episode with some solid action, character interaction, reveals and...one huge, badass herd! I think that glimpse was just enough of an oh-sh*t factor to make for major impact.

In any event, I think they're on solid ground so far, but I'm a little worried they're going to kill off too many side characters right away. I too would like to see some more outside-time on the runs, but unlike some of you guys I'm not looking forward to leaving the prison behind yet.
    100%. Agreed as usual Brother Aces.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Carol was the one who told Andrea to sleep with The Governor so she would be able to kill him easily. So, no, Carol murdering people for the sake of the group was not out of character. It's been slowly brewing inside her. Just wanted to point that out.
    Not a huge disagreement but I think carols evolution here is a bigger moment than you think. Telling a person to kill an evil jerk is much easier than murdering two sick humans. I'm assuming she slit their throats so no screaming could happen. That shit is down right cold. I'm not hating just saying

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Culling, ravaging through....same basic concept.
    I was expanding on/reinforcing your post mate, not disputing it.

Further thought about that tasty mass of zombies...although I'd like to see more of that stuff, it would be a bit unrealistic in respect that if our group has close contacts with masses like that, they'd be wiped out in minutes, so we will only ever be able to "admire from a distance" (or hiding under the duvet)...Hell, that horde made the motorway herd from season two look like a few random walkers out for a stroll. If they hit the prison it would be over in minutes unless the group grabbed what they could carry and bailed out the second they spotted them.

Still, a timely reminder of just who this world belongs to now, we have definitely been knocked down the food chain!
    Last edited by Legion2213; 28-Oct-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Solid episode. A little slow, but you'll have that. Highlights for me was Hershal's speech, Carol fixing the waterline scene, and of course, the last 5-10 min. Looking forward to next week & seeing what effect this herd has....
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 28-Oct-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: tie po

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Solid episode. A little slow, but you'll have that. Highlights for me was Hershal's speech, Carol fixing the waterline scene, and of course, the last 5-10 min. Looking forward to next week & seeing what effect this herd has....
    Would love it if they made their way to the prison, the group would have to up sticks and set foot on the post apocalypse highway again...I want to see more of this world.

Oh...mysterious radio transmission in the car as well, interesting to see where that leads and what sort of group/individuals they encounter from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Oh, and another thing - I'm assuming that the rucksack Carl had was the same one as the survivor who they didn't pick up in 3x12.
    Nice observation, if correct.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 28-Oct-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Good episode overall, well paced, nice to see the main characters taking hits from the flu as well and not just having it decimate the redshirts. I'm still not getting tyreese, he seems too bipolar for me, he's all super indecisive nice guy last season and now he's all rage machine sulking in the car.

Thought the horde scene was good but IMO, I'd think running would be the worst option if they made it to the prison, it's not like they can get into the buildings if the doors are closed, but then it's a siege, I just think that running from something that never tires is a poor decision.

I didn't like the part where hershel told carl not to kill the walker, why the hell not? Remember the last time carl didn't kill a walker? Besides, in the post zombie apocalypse, every dead walker is one less you have to worry about later.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Would love it if they made their way to the prison, the group would have to up sticks and set foot on the post apocalypse highway again...I want to see more of this world.

Oh...mysterious radio transmission in the car as well, interesting to see where that leads and what sort of group/individuals they encounter from it.
    That's exactly what I want! They'll have to talk about it for 3-4 more episodes, but hopefully that's what happens.

It seems like the situation is moving toward abandoning the prison. It's moving sort of slowly, but it still seems as if that's the inevitability. Could happen sooner than it seems though. The way it's inching toward that, maybe they're gonna slap us with it real abruptly. My prediction would be that possibly the last episode before the mid-season break finds that herd at the gates of the prison. I seem to remember that after season 3 it was stated that the prison arc would extend into season 4, so hopefully that doesn't mean that all of season 4 will be spent at the prison.
    I'm really starting to hate that fucking place! It's a more stagnant story arc than the search for Sophia. That prison is what's standing in the way of my enjoyment of the show. I never liked the fact that they chose to build the prison on a lot of a studio. To me it feels like that, it feels like a set, it doesn't feel like a real prison at all.
    I have a friend in prison and I visited about 6 or 7 years ago on 2 different occasions. The prison set on the show pales in comparison. In a real prison, the walls are several feet of concrete, the doors are huge heavy steel. There's concrete barricades about 10 or 15 feet high around the whole perimeter, and the fences are massive, solid gates with huge pillars keeping them up. The fence in the show looks like the fence of a baseball diamond.

I guess I should be thankful though that the show doesn't take place in a realistic prison. If it did, they'd never have to leave. There'd be no threat from walkers gathering at the fence in a real prison.

All I really want is to see more of the apocalyptic world. If they were to show more of that all my complaints would totally cease and desist.
    Last edited by babomb; 29-Oct-2013 at 06:21 AM. Reason: .

Norway
    Nice episode, the zombies looked better and the blood did not look so damm unrealistic as it have since the new guy took over. Good improvement overall. The story was great, acting and action was good. Lots of interesting set ups like the voice on the radio, the huge herd and the murder makes me interested in seeing the next episodes. Very promising. So what do you guys think is a fitting punishment for Carol? Eye for an eye? Exile? Put her in prison?

Dead

United States
    IMO, Carol did what had to be done. She did it quietly because she knew nobody else would agree, and everyone would argue about it until another incident happened.
    To say Carol should be punished is to say she did something wrong. I don't think she did.

Administrator

England
    I'm surprised given their water supply, they're not questioning its health? ie: Lots of dead bodies around, potentially with some lying in that water supply?

That zombie horde gave me a fierce hard-on...simple as that.
    Yep, I issued a, "Oh!!!! $hit!!!! At that moment!"

Tree zombie was a work of art, and kinda poignant.
    Yeh! There was a lot of love there!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    IMO, Carol did what had to be done. She did it quietly because she knew nobody else would agree, and everyone would argue about it until another incident happened.
    To say Carol should be punished is to say she did something wrong. I don't think she did.
    She took matters into her own hands, and as it turns out, for no gain. Could have been one/both might have survived? Who was to say?!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I will kindly disagree with your entire statement. Going ahead and doing something even though you know that the majority of the group wouldn't allow it is absolutely wrong. Not to mention murdering two individuals against their will just because they are sick and present a risk to you and the group is entirely unethical. Always remember that the road to hell is sometimes paved with good intentions.

I like Carol and she does offer a lot to the group but that doesn't excuse her actions. Her behavior should only lead to exile or death. Which would be a group decision. If somehow the group came to the conclusion that she was imperative to the group's survival(doubtful) then some sort of EXTREMELY harsh punishment must be handed down....I don't have any damn clue what that would be. My choice for her would be execution...Simply put, it would serve as a reminder for everyone else that you don't ever put yourself above the group or think for the group if it isn't your job to do so. Though, they are in a prison and some sort of 1-3 month solitary confinement with a limitation of food, light, water, and human interaction might be suitable. Again, the group would have to be in agreement of it. You can't have her serve her punishment....and then have Tyreese ripping her throat out her first day out of the hole.

I'm sorry but I can't cut her any slack just because she's a "Winnebago Original" but I'm willing to bet Rick does......and blames the murders on someone who dies from being sick....Some sort of revenge for making me sick type angle....
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 29-Oct-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: ...................

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Nice

Theory (comic spoiler)

I keep getting the impression they're setting Beth up to get shot through the chest while holding Judith, like it happened to Lori in the comics.

Me to, only it might go something like: in the mid season the governor and his militia arrive at the prison all set for a bloodbath but then the herd walks all over them and tears down the fences, Rick and the survivors retreat through the broken section of the prison (that Tyreese group came in through) to escape. As they retreat into the woods a bloodied and defeated Governor cuts Beth in two and she flattens the baby, he is then decapitated by Michonne who helps tear a grief stricken Rick and Maggie away.