Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no freedom of speech for veterans?

Dying

Undisclosed
    frak rules. i was in the IRR (forgot about that individual thingy) you are still NOT on active duty nor are you in the military. you have to be on active duty for the UCMJ to apply.
    So, you were in the IRR. So was I. It still adds no relevance to the situation. I did not make the claim that he was on active duty, but that too, is irrelevant. I direct you to sections 3.2 and 3.3 in the following text
    http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...tml/123513.htm Yes, UCMJ applies.

anyway in all truth i could give a flying frak about the legalistic aside
    Curious. The remainder of your text focuses on illegalities.

only people with very, very narrow minds and limited intelligence think legalistically- what is "legal" is often neither moral nor right- here are just 3 examples: miscgenation laws in this country, segregation laws, and apartheid- those were the law of the land.
    Fortunately those 'simpletons' on the Supreme Court who are legalistically and morally grounded, exist to strike down segregation, apartheid, etc.

hopefully this doesn't turn into a rant as a veteran myself i literally have steam coming out of both my ears right now.
    ...and the inability to discern literal from figurativeis indicitive of intellect? No, don't think so.

i would use the military comissions act against them. have them all declared public enemies and then stood up in front of a military tribunal for crimes against the constitution and humanity.
    I get it. If someone holds your views they should be exempt from the law, but if not, they should be prosecuted. Where do situational ethics sit in your determination of intelligence. I assume that it's quite high, as you are clearly so adept at it.

I don't have a problem with people speaking their minds. However, any service member (IRR included), has given up certain rights during their term of service. He swore an oath and it's reasonable to hold him to it. Just like the administration.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

United States

moving to europe not such a bad idea

I've been trying to figure out a way to move there myself this war in iraq and the idea that if you're not with the bush admin. you're an anti american is driving me crazy. Not to mention that we work more than Europeans we're like little slave bees working our asses off and for what? Pathetic amount of vacay time? Bah...

****s rolling downhill... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States

Band of Brothers...

It can be important for someone who has been through a *uckin' alot , served with others that may have become great friends (some might not be around anymore) to wear the combat dress (w/o insig) in solidarity with his brothers.

Some opinions seem indifferent to the suffering caused by this "war action-death-caused-by-lies" situation.
    I say to you, " It would be a different story if it was you or a relative were killed by friendly."

I am so proud of the services people for doing their duty to survive & come home.

A few old friends of mine have left behind families.

Being shot at is abit un-nerving.
    Enough for me.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."