Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 DLC

United Kingdom
    I don't play Fallout 3 but I heard The Pitt release on 360 was seriously messed up somehow, making it very buggy.

United States
    I downloaded and completed PITT, and enjoyed it. Didn't notice the aforementioned problems, though as far as moral choices are concerned I am not sure if I "did the right thing" in my gameplay.

Right now, I am stuck in the grove at the Oasis (North end of the map near Cliffside Shacks) and have no idea how to get out. Anyone have any hints for me?
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    finally finished operation anchorage, decided to download the pitt last the other day. and yep, it froze up on me. so i deleted the file and redownloaded it, as recommended by bethesda. so i'm off to the pitt again this evening.... hopefully i'll have more luck tonight.

and yojimbo, what part are you stuck at? i've got the strategy guide for fallout 3, so if you need help, try to find a copy of that, and if not, just pm me with your predicament.

Undisclosed
    Someone commented that the balance of the game hadn't been hugely changed from the guass rifle, but in my experience the balance was already sodded. Once you get a dart rifle you're well away.

Behemoth vs Dart Rifle. Behemoth gets crippled.

Death Claw vs Dart Rifle. Death Claw gets crippled (but don't ****ing miss).

Yuai Guai vs Dart Rifle. Yuai Guai gets crippled.

Having said that, we're still taking about a game based on choices. You have the choice of using, or not using, any weapon that you feel changes the balance of the game. Surely balance is nothing to worry about in Fallout?

Admittedly, I love making the fights as easy as possible, and only taking perks that add a percentage increase to damage, or allows me a bonus to making killing far easier.

On topic; I think I'll pick up all additional content once I get online. I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    finally finished operation anchorage, decided to download the pitt last the other day. and yep, it froze up on me. so i deleted the file and redownloaded it, as recommended by bethesda. so i'm off to the pitt again this evening.... hopefully i'll have more luck tonight.

and yojimbo, what part are you stuck at? i've got the strategy guide for fallout 3, so if you need help, try to find a copy of that, and if not, just pm me with your predicament.
    Thanks brother. I eventually got frustrated and reloaded a previously saved game, so I am no longer stuck in the grove, but might have to still PM you for assistance later.

ProfessorChaos Rules!
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I don't play Fallout 3 but I heard The Pitt release on 360 was seriously messed up somehow, making it very buggy.
    They fixed the bug with a patch not long ago. I am addicted to this game and played it for a while. I havn't tried The Pitt, yet. Even though I downloaded it. Caps become more plentiful after you get power armor and learn how to repair your own equipment. Repairing and selling is a great way to build income. The only complaint I have is the fact I am stuck at level 20 max. The next DCL is supposed to raise it to max to level 30. Its rumored to come out this month or next.

Anyone found the Oasis, yet? Tripped out shit. *L*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    They fixed the bug with a patch not long ago. I am addicted to this game and played it for a while. I havn't tried The Pitt, yet. Even though I downloaded it. Caps become more plentiful after you get power armor and learn how to repair your own equipment. Repairing and selling is a great way to build income. The only complaint I have is the fact I am stuck at level 20 max. The next DCL is supposed to raise it to max to level 30. Its rumored to come out this month or next.

Anyone found the Oasis, yet? Tripped out shit. *L*
    Yeah I found and got stuck in Oasis. Eventually got frustrated and reloaded a previous save since I did not have the patience at that time to figure it out.

Undisclosed

United States
    oh yeah, looking forward to this. i hear there's a perk that will allow you to revive your dog if he gets killed...which happened to me.

still haven't beat the main quest yet, waiting till broken steel drops, then i'm starting a new save and going for any achievements i've not got yet.

hard to believe there's already a new fallout game in the making, set to release next year. here's details if you've not already heard: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/974/974289p1.html
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 22-Apr-2009 at 03:10 AM.

Undisclosed
    I have been waiting on this DLC for a while now. I am stuck at level 20 w/ plenty of more sidequests, stockhold of scrapmetal, a behemeth *last one I think*, and explored areas to report to Rilley's Rangers. Not to mention, I still have the Talon Mercs HQ to raid only with the death of their leader. Yes, there is one and from what I read he is no pushover, unless you snipe or nuke him. I have held off on some things, because of the level cap.

Btw, Broken Steel pickups where you left off after completing the game, regardless of what ending you get.

United States

check out this beast of a robot:

holy fuck, i hope i get to take this thing down and watch it fall over....or control it and stomp the shit out of some deathclaws.

United States
    new video previewing broken steel:

Undisclosed
    2 more expansions coming this summer.

United States
    and now the ps3 owners get to play the other DLC's as well.

currently level 14 on my new character, a much tamer and kinder chap than my first character. this game is still kick-fucking-ass. i think it's the only game i've been into for the last month or so.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    playing fable see the future and boren steel alongside each other today and broken steel's the epitome of 'meh" for me out of the two, go to more faceless bland corridors and kill more faceless bland guys in gas masks, wheres in the fable dlc its got you fooling wisps by dressing like hollowmen, fighting off poison balverines to use various types of hobb spirits to solve large puzzles and fight in a black and white world to defeat shadows which have absorbed the colour spectrum to give it back to the area.

granted ive not done the big climax of either, but so far the fabel dlc's are adding innovative new stuff to the world of albion and giving you new ways to play, but fallout just seems like fan based mods, a new character model and weapon and another addition to the map, which i guess is the same as fable but its got so much less character. in fable theyve got new artists and voice actors for the expansions, in fallout its the same stuff, if theres a new voice actor there just as boring and emotion-less as any character from any bethesda game in the last 10 years.

-though im wondering if the water purifier combined with what you did in the oasis questline will effect the wasteland itself in later expansions.
    Last edited by Danny; 19-May-2009 at 11:26 PM.