Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360 game recommendations for MZ...

Super Moderator

UK
    Who cares about that s**t, the 360 will exceed the PC's graphics for another year.
    Erm ... nope.

Top end PC's already outstrip or at the very least sit side-by-side with current "next gen" consoles, and soon the technology will rocket forth again leaving the consoles behind.

Still though, I want a 360 damnit!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Erm ... nope.
    Check out the textures for Half Life 2 on the 360, destroys the PC version.

Super Moderator

UK
    Go on, post some images then, biatch.

capncnut
    OK, first off read this preview from Gamespy, the feast your eyes on this, this and this. I'll find more when I can.

Super Moderator

UK
    1st "this" is from Episode 2 ... that's how the game looks/will look on the PC as well.

2nd "this" and 3rd "this" is how it looks on the PC as well.

a lot closer to a high-end PC version
    See ... closer, but not there, to a high-end PC - which by now will probably be a medium-end PC at the rate the tech moves ... as for the new lighting effects, that's after-the-fact additions, you can't count those fairly ... besides, I'm not sure whether HDR has been implemented for HL2 itself or not on the PC, haven't updated gheay Steam in a while.

capncnut
    as for the new lighting effects, that's after-the-fact additions, you can't count those fairly...
    Yes you can, it doesn't matter if it's been added after, it's still a touch the PC version don't have. So identical graphics (with tweaks), smoother gameplay and all of those extras on one disc. To me that's the definitive version matey.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm sure by "lighting effects" they mean the HDR lighting, and that IS on the PC version, in fact, it was there first.

Smoother gameplay? What the hell does that even mean, it's the same game, derh...extras? You mean the stuff already available for PC, or stuff that's going to be available for PC at the same time it comes out for consoles?

HL2 is a blatant PC title, that's where it was designed and what it was designed for. The console version is nothing but cashing in to make more money.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^try playing morrowind on the xbox and running really fast through the world, then do the same in oblivion, then youll know what a "smooth" game is.

capncnut
    HL2 is a blatant PC title, that's where it was designed and what it was designed for. The console version is nothing but cashing in to make more money.
    Dont think so. Watch the video in the other thread, console gaming is where it's at bwoy!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    try playing morrowind on the xbox and running really fast through the world, then do the same in oblivion, then youll know what a "smooth" game is.
    Word yo.

Super Moderator

UK
    Console gaming is flat out not where it's at though. Console is for the everyday masses, the real brilliance and work is done on PC.

Where did Doom originate? Where did Half Life originate? Where did FarCry originate? Where did Max Payne originate? Where did Crysis originate? Where did STALKER originate?

These are all games that pushed the boundaries right off the cliff and breathed the free air, the PC consistently pushes the boundaries and is consistently ahead of the console game, at best consoles catch up when a new gen comes along, but soon after the PC switches into a new generation of graphics cards, so they're ahead once again.

The PC is where the renaissance happens ... consoles are a cineplex showing action movies to the mushy splodge of the masses.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    final fantasy
    resident evil
    metal gear solid
    silent hill
    sonic the hedgehog
    mario bros.
    tetris
    metroid
    zelda
    dragon quest
    halo
    ico
    devil may cry
    castlevania
    dead rising
    oddworld
    panzaer dragoon orta

...should i continue?

Super Moderator

UK
    final fantasy - hate those games
    resident evil - said before I don't "do" those kinda games
    metal gear solid - Splinter Cell is the daddy, f*ck MGS
    silent hill - same as Resi
    sonic the hedgehog - I have the original 1 and 3 on Mega Drive, the 3-D ones are lame
    mario bros. - always was a Sonic guy
    tetris - that's for Game Boy specifically in my eyes
    metroid - don't like those games
    zelda - don't like those games either
    dragon quest - f*ck dragons
    halo - might get Halo 3, maaaaayyyybe
    ico - pfft
    devil may cry - pfft
    castlevania - pfft
    dead rising - will get it, like I've said before
    oddworld - pfft
    panzaer dragoon orta - that sh*t belongs on the Sega Saturn

...should i continue? - nope

I like racing and first/third person shootaz, I reckon I've got my answers now...*dusts hands* snorted...ergo, closing my thread.