Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rasmus

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm, not really interested at all in RHCP, but the Foo Fighters - heck yes. Haven't completed as yet, but currently listening to their acoustic live album they recently put out - great stuff. Have all their albums ... *shock horror* and I PAID for them!

(Nice sig pic by the way, lol)

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    a prime example being the red hot chilli peppers and foo fighters.
    Who would even want to listen to those guys now when you got bands like Tool and The Mars Volta on the scene?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i much prefer the chilli peppers myself, the older stuff in particular, though hey-o aint bad, but what i mean is in the uk a band allways seems to be everywere then a bit longer its gone and replaced it happened with my chemical romance and green day as well.

England
    UK folks,if these lads are ever on in a club near you,go see 'em!Lab4 live,their DJ sets are amazing,and their mix of nine inch nails "perfect drug" is mintos!

Super Moderator

UK
    "Perfect Drug", now there's a track from one of my summer mix CDs I played while yomping around the back B-roads of my county as I screamed and yelled fruitlessly at morons who insist on driving at 30 in a 60 zone before finding that one moment to overtake them while grinning victoriously.

...my chemical romance? ... ... ... ... ... *blinks* ... ... ... ... ... *BLAAARRARRHGHGHGHGGGGGYEUCH* ... ... *wipes vomit from ever-so-blond-beard*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you should hear em live there worse.

Kazakhstan
    sorry mz but him are awful imho, one of those bands that adopt gothic trappings despite...not being anything like joy division, sisters of mercy, nick cave & the bad seeds etc. its just to sell records.
    they claim to be in some way satanic (the acronym HIM is from the first page of the satanic bible) yet a lot of the songs are solipisistic meanderings on emotional turmoil, not v satanic. don't see the metal or goth affiliation. buried alive by love? is that about an encounter with an obese girl?

also gotta disagree about kerrang too, kerrang was great until about 1999/2000 when the channel launched.

kerrang used to champion bands like raging speedhorn, workhorse movement, orange goblin, earthtone9 & the like, but then the channel launched, and seeing as those kinds of bands have very few videos, they showed the american nu metal stuff, which attracted a different kind of readership, who demanded coverage of different things.

kerrang's last decent free cd was in 2000, and it had; darkane, emperor, akercocke, amen (hey i like them), icarus line, raging speedhorn - can you imagine that now?

yeah nightwish are horrible, saw them live once, nearly barfed.

HIM were pretty bad too, some genius put them on before slayer (i think), people were bottling them to death. valo said something like "youre gonna have to be a little more tolerant guys" to which this big bald man next to me screamed "FOR HUNDRED N TWENTY QUID YOU BETTER BE A BIT MORE...GOOD!"

but hey, different strokes for different folks,they just aint my thing, i like marilyn manson, which is a crime punishable by death in the industrial/metal kingdom.

now my chemical romance...THEY suck.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    rock went to sh*t in the mid 90s and never recovered.....there've been a handful of good rock acts, but i'd rather hear stuff like iron and wine, the shins, grandaddy, or bright eyes than listen to anyone with a guitar, amp, and stomp box try to appeal to the tastes of today's tweens and the rock illiterate
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Kazakhstan
    grandaddy are rock though aint they? i remember distorted, fuzzy, nirvana style guitars...

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    grandaddy are rock though aint they? i remember distorted, fuzzy, nirvana style guitars...
    yeah....i'd call it all rock and roll, really. but i wouldn't put grandaddy in the plain vanilla rock category....not that most of the other bands belong there either.....I guess i'm just calling music that I find cheap or trite or dumb "new sh*tty rock"
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Kazakhstan
    aye i get you.

has to be said, go to a rock/metal festival these days and the best bands are the ones with grey hair & rehab appointments...

(with a few exceptions, of course)

United States
    aye i get you.

has to be said, go to a rock/metal festival these days and the best bands are the ones with grey hair & rehab appointments...

(with a few exceptions, of course)
    I agree

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    amen (hey i like them)
    I never got into them, but my Dad is friends with Casey Chaos. They were in a band together back in the 80's called Disorderly Conduct; cool hardcore punk.

Have you heard his new band SCUM? It's got two dudes from Emperor, a dude from Turbonegro, and a guest appearance on the album from a dude in Darkthrone.

Kazakhstan
    man no way, your dad was in disorderly conduct?! niiice.

yeah ive heard of scum but i haven't heard them yet. chaos is also in another band called scars on broadway with a couple members of system of a down.

he's a busy boy!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's basically punk that relies heavily on a black metal influence. Decent stuff, but nothing I (personally) would go crazy over. Casey's vocals aren't that great... it's like he's not putting forth his normal energy and doesn't do any of his awesome screams.