Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The best Zombie film?

Undisclosed
    Wow, I guess I am the only one who's favorite film isn't by Romero. My favorite film of all time and favorite zombie film is Fulci's "The Beyond."

(incase you couldn't tell that its in my avatar and sig )

Undisclosed
    Must admit, I aint seen much Fucci stuff, what I have though looks good but not as believable as Romero's Zombie world. I should watch more really.

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Part 1 was a little more horror oriented where Part 2 was more campy.

That's a riot, right there.

My favorite is probably "Day" with "Dawn" at a VERY close 2nd.

United Kingdom
    mmm.... fave Zombie movie I cant really say for sure but the orignal NOTLD and the Savini version are close comparisons, and DOTD i dont know how to chose between these. though to be honest my Fave horror movie of all time has got to be DEMONS.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nope, I have changed my mind again...

Best Zombie film

DEADLANDS: The Rising (I know shameless plug, but who cares) all kidding aside I am still torn between DAWN 1978 and ROTLD 1985. Depending on my mood I never know which one I will like more. I guess they are both equals in my book.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Nope, I have changed my mind again...

Best Zombie film

DEADLANDS: The Rising (I know shameless plug, but who cares) all kidding aside I am still torn between DAWN 1978 and ROTLD 1985. Depending on my mood I never know which one I will like more. I guess they are both equals in my book.
    Where can I see your film Deadlands? Wouldn't mind checking it out. Also, never seen ROTLD, whats the general story? Is it good?

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Also, never seen ROTLD, whats the general story? Is it good?
    It varies from person to person. Alot of people REALLY like it, while alot of people(myself included) think it's a peice of garbage. If you like ridiculous cheese and a movie that can't possibly be taken serious....you may like it. Also, don't expect a horror film. It's more like an episode of "Pee Wee's Playhouse"......

As far as the general story......there's this morgue that holds dead bodies that were supposedly taken from the REAL STORY that is Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" in military containers. Two employees get curious and accidentally open the containers, releasing the chemical into the air. From there, you have running, TALKING, and very ridiculous zombie antics. They scream "BRAINS!" for f*ck's sake....

I think it's trash. But if you like over the top 80's cheese....you might like it. Like I said, don't expect a horror film..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Where can I see your film Deadlands? Wouldn't mind checking it out. Also, never seen ROTLD, whats the general story? Is it good?
    Yes it is very good. It keeps you entertained and flips the zombie genre on it's head. The director didn't want to tread on Romero's work. So this is in essence the first Zombie Comedy (Very Dark Comedy)

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    It varies from person to person. Alot of people REALLY like it, while alot of people(myself included) think it's a peice of garbage. If you like ridiculous cheese and a movie that can't possibly be taken serious....you may like it. Also, don't expect a horror film. It's more like an episode of "Pee Wee's Playhouse"......

As far as the general story......there's this morgue that holds dead bodies that were supposedly taken from the REAL STORY that is Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" in military containers. Two employees get curious and accidentally open the containers, releasing the chemical into the air. From there, you have running, TALKING, and very ridiculous zombie antics. They scream "BRAINS!" for f*ck's sake....

I think it's trash. But if you like over the top 80's cheese....you might like it. Like I said, don't expect a horror film..
    Don't listen to this guy he thinks LAND is a good film.

Trust me I will set you straight. Go check out ROTLD part 1 available for $7.99 on DVD at Best Buy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes it is very good. It keeps you entertained and flips the zombie genre on it's head. The director didn't want to tread on Romero's work. So this is in essence the first Zombie Comedy (Very Dark Comedy)

Don't listen to this guy he thinks LAND is a good film.

Trust me I will set you straight. Go check out ROTLD part 1 available for $7.99 on DVD at Best Buy.

Come on now....I was fair and told him that it's a 50/50 thing. Some like it, some hate it.

But seriously....it's not a comedy because it tried to be. It's funny because it's so crappy. It's MST3K project material....

United States
    I have NEVER liked ROTLD pt1 - It has always given me an anxiety attack if I watch it....the same way that Killer Klowns makes me cringe.

United States

Rotld?

DJ posted: "I am still torn between DAWN 1978 and ROTLD 1985. Depending on my mood I never know which one I will like more. I guess they are both equals in my book."

I love all the Romero films, but on another note, I love ROTLD part 1. It reminds me of how things were when I was growing up. I still like the rock music of the 80's and I love zombies. Things were different then, people were a little simpler than they are now. It was fun to be young and free, now kids try to grow up to fast I think. I like the first three ROTLD films (not that they match up to the Romero films in any way) they make me feel like a young kid again. And Night Of The Living Dead was the first one that I ever saw. I was six or seven years old and too scared too watch it Friday night cuz I knew I'd have nightmares all night, so I waited until about 5:00 in the morning and watched it. Afterwards I went outside to get my mind off the movie and couldn't because there was a cemetary about a mile away behind our house. It was at that eerie distance, you could see things and people moving around, but couldn't really tell who or what they were.
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

But seriously....it's not a comedy because it tried to be. It's funny because it's so crappy. It's MST3K project material....
    It IS a comedy because it DOES try to be! And it's funny. The characters are great. The dialogue is top notch and witty:

Paramedic #1: You have no pulse, your blood pressure's zero-over-zero, you have no pupillary response, no reflexes and your temperature is 70 degrees.
    Freddy: Well, what does that mean?
    Paramedic #1: Well, it's a puzzle because, technically, you're not alive. Except you're conscious, so we don't know what it means.
    Freddy: Are you saying we're dead?
    Paramedic #2: Well, let's not jump to conclusions.
    Paramedic #2: No conclusions.
    Paramedic #1: Obviously I didn't mean you were really dead. Dead people don't move around and talk.

&

Burt: One question, Frank... This guy screaming in here, you sure it's a dead cadaver?
    Frank: Why don't you open the door and find out?
    Burt: Eh, I'm sorry Frank, I'll take your word for that

and the "Braaaaiiinssssss" catchphrase - Now a days it's considerd cliche but this was where it started! How can originality be a bad thing?

every Romero fan should see it, just for the sake of it being one of the better faux-sequals....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jimis View Post
    It IS a comedy because it DOES try to be! And it's funny. The characters are great. The dialogue is top notch and witty:

Paramedic #1: You have no pulse, your blood pressure's zero-over-zero, you have no pupillary response, no reflexes and your temperature is 70 degrees.
    Freddy: Well, what does that mean?
    Paramedic #1: Well, it's a puzzle because, technically, you're not alive. Except you're conscious, so we don't know what it means.
    Paramedic #2: Well, let's not jump to conclusions.
    Paramedic #2: No conclusions.
    Paramedic #1: Obviously I didn't mean you were really dead. Dead people don't move around and talk.

&

Burt: One question, Frank... This guy screaming in here, you sure it's a dead cadaver?
    Frank: Why don't you open the door and find out?
    Burt: Eh, I'm sorry Frank, I'll take your word for that

and the "Braaaaiiinssssss" catchphrase - Now a days it's considerd cliche but this was where it started! How can originality be a bad thing?

every Romero fan should see it, just for the sake of it being one of the better faux-sequals....
    If we still had a rep system I would rep you for that post. Outstanding reply. The second quote alone is one of the reasons to love this movie. Not too mention the following

After Frank tells freddy this story about the canisters in the basment.

Freddy: So how come you know about it?
    Frank: Typical army F**K up. The transportation department got the orders crossed, and shipped those bodies here. Instead of too the darrow chemical company.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I guess you and I have two totally different views as to what a comedy film is. ROTLD is like chewing on tin foil.....on the roof during a lightening storm.

You're right, every Romero fan should see ROTLD so it can reinforce the fact that Romero is the King and this is a cheap ripoff of his work.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    You're right, every Romero fan should see ROTLD so it can reinforce the fact that Romero is the King and this is a cheap ripoff of his work.
    Ok - I'm cool to agree to disagree. I'm not a big fan of the original Dawn'.... I don't think it works as a sequal to Night' (of course, you can argue that it not be a sequel - that's a different thread all together ) but I'll never expect the majority of my fellow Zombie-Flick fans to agree....

But as for the phase "rip-off". Surely you mean "homage".

It was co-written by one of the producers of Night'! That must be worth some thing....