Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 5 (film)

Chasing Prey

Canada
    looks like the second installment in both terminator franchises is gonna be HUGE. go arnie!!

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    If only they could have figured out a way to cut another 109 minutes from the runtime...

$600,000,000 in box office including companies buying the rights and FX buying the tv rights = they dont care

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    looks like the second installment in both terminator franchises is gonna be HUGE. go arnie!![COLOR="Silver"]
    Wait.....there are two Terminator series?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Wait.....there are two Terminator series?
    There are two, actually three, continuities:

First there's the Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline where Sarah Connor is alive and well in 1999/2007 and Skynet is sending Terminators back to support its own creation.

Then there's the T3/T4 timeline where Sarah Connor died of leukemia in 1997 and Judgment Day took place in 2004.

Additionally, of course, there's the original timeline where Judgment Day took play in 1997, but since T3 it hasn't really been the focus of any continuing franchise.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I understand SCC, but the four films are the same storyline...
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Apr-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    I understand SCC, but the four films are the same storyline...

what i mean is theres two separate franchises. the first three, then this new series which is also scheduled to be three.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    what i mean is theres two separate franchises. the first three, then this new series which is also scheduled to be three.
    I don't think Salvation is really a new franchise. It's still continuing Sarah/John's story arc from the previous films. It's just a continuation that they were hoping could go for the three films.

I'll put it this way....it's not a new franchise in the same sense as the Burton/Shumacher and Nolan Batman films.
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Apr-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    I don't think Salvation is really a new franchise. It's still continuing Sarah/John's story arc from the previous films. It's just a continuation that they were hoping could go for the three films.

I'll put it this way....it's not a new franchise in the same sense as the Burton/Shumacher and Nolan Batman films.

new leads, new studio....new franchise. i see what u mean tho, but it just doesnt have that cameron feel to it. not that its bad, cuz i love terminator salvation

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    new leads, new studio....new franchise. i see what u mean tho, but it just doesnt have that cameron feel to it. not that its bad, cuz i love terminator salvation
    Same Sarah Conner(voice), same story arc for John, obviously Reese had to be a new actor(who was great in the role, imo), Arnold's (CGI) appearance, etc. To me, Salvation is clearly a continuation of the existing series. If it were a reboot with no past ties then I could understand, but as it sits now there are just too many connecting ties to the first three films.

Terminator 3 didn't have the cameron feel either, but you consider it in the same franchise as the first two?
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Apr-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: .

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Considering how much AVATAR sucked I am glad Cameron isn't involved anymore.

The last great film Cameron made was True Lies
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    See, I don't even like the idea of a "sexy" female Terminator. I get that the machine needs some kind of disguise, but a) the design doesn't fit with the angular, oppressively functional/utilitarian design of the rest of the machines and b) the endoskeleton, without the disguise, was still an overly pretty, over-engineered piece of hardware, with blue lights and a pointlessly "aerodynamic" design.
    Uh...I think Bass was talking about what she looked like on the OUTSIDE...

$600,000,000 in box office including companies buying the rights and FX buying the tv rights = they dont care
    SEEING T3 + everything I've heard about T4= I know they don't care.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 27-Apr-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: :fin:

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am on the fence with T3... while it is cheesy as hell some really great action set pieces were put on display, but too many over the top comedy moments.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Other sources for a new movie could be one of the novels http://www.listal.com/list/terminator-novels Or one of the many Terminator themed comic books. My choice would be Terminator: The Burning Earth from Now Comics (1990). https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Burning_Earth

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    F*ck it...get Arnold and Peter Weller in a Terminator vs Robocop, baby!
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Apr-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    F*ck it...get Arnold and Peter Weller in a Terminator vs Robocop, baby!

in the mythos, the terminator skeleton is below robocop's suit. it was also supposed to be in robocop 2 when they stripped him.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Considering how much AVATAR sucked I am glad Cameron isn't involved anymore.

The last great film Cameron made was True Lies
    Yeah, I pretty much agree, to a point. Not a big Cameron guy anymore. But there is something to be said for the original writer/director continuing a series vs. hired hands. I can't imagine T2 being as good as it was if someone else had made it. If there was some alternate reality where Cameron kept making movies like "Aliens", "T 1&2" etc then yeah I would want him to continue them. But here in reality, no.

in the mythos, the terminator skeleton is below robocop's suit. it was also supposed to be in robocop 2 when they stripped him.
    I knew about the "vs" comic, but didn't know that. That's pretty cool.