Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen Colbert Roasts the President!!

Undisclosed
    His short comings as commander in cheif are definately set aside by his friendly nature. If I didn't have to talk politcs with the man I could see myself having a beer and a hotdog at Cowboys game with this fellow.

Hitler supposedly had a friendly nature too and supposedly Sadaam makes a great lamb gyro. Doesn't make me wanna sit next to them at a ball game!
    we've got spite and dedication as a vehement brew
    the world hates us, well we hate them too
    but you're exempted of course if you
    come and join us
    independent, self-contented, revolutionary
    intellectual, brave, strong and scholarly
    if you're not one of them, you're us already so
    come and join us

Come Join Us - Bad Religion

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    His short comings as commander in cheif are definately set aside by his friendly nature. If I didn't have to talk politcs with the man I could see myself having a beer and a hotdog at Cowboys game with this fellow.
    Oh sure, as he sinks America like some lame rip-off of Titanic he's still a swell enough guy to have a drink with.

C'mon Dj.

He should have that drink thrown in his face. Smirk is such a phoney with his phoney hard-workin' ranch and phoney Marlboro man tough guy act and his phoney "hey I'm one of the little people" gag, all a reality-based person can feel for this incompetent misfit is utter contempt. If you look at videos of of Bush prior to becoming pResident, he always comes off as a spoiled, arrogant, condescending brat. Not exactly the type I'd like to have a beer with. The "average joe" routine was injected into Bush by Rove to make him more palatable to the "average" or OFU American.
    Last edited by MaximusIncredulous; 14-May-2006 at 07:57 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Some people just aren't designed to be in power, Dubya appears to one of them. The man can't even deliver a good speech, although apparently he's done some sensible things (lowering taxes?), I duno, we don't get everyday American issues broadcast over here, likewise I'm sure you guys don't know much about our daily goings on or our political climate in detail.

It's weird how maniacs and psychos can also be really nice people in some cases...I guess that's why neighbours always say "he was a quiet man, a nice man" as body bags and jars of people bits are being wheeled out of a serial killer's home...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    As much as Ihate GWB as a president, I can't hate him for being a human, or just himself. I watched the video with him and impersonator and I thought here is guy who can stand there, and let people poke a little fun at him and he took it with a grain of salt.

The man has a lot of personality, and charisma. His short comings as commander in cheif are definately set aside by his friendly nature. If I didn't have to talk politcs with the man I could see myself having a beer and a hotdog at Cowboys game with this fellow.

He is definately a people person outide of the politcs.
    He does seem like a guy I'd like to have a beer with

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Super Moderator

UK
    I finally bothered to watch the Colbert and impersonator videos on Google Video and I have to say they were damn funny, not sure which I preferred, but that Colbert chap is a funny mofo, the impersonator is also scary, because he looks so damn much like Dubya.

It'd be good if we had something like that here, where politicians could take the p*ss out of themselves and open themselves up to a spot of ridicule, but everyone's so uptight here in the UK, especially Labour who just dodge any thorny question with a stutter before saying "the Tories never did anything!" - which is 1) not true, and 2) OLD news, they haven't been in for almost a decade you bastards.

Little segway, but I hate Labour that much. If only we had that 'roasting' tradition over here...the closest we have is Have I Got News For You ... and that's more just comedians ripping the pee-pee out of politicians. Damn funny though, even if Ian Hislop is a gigantic wanker.