Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 3 opens this weekend!!!!!

United States
    i've read a two different reviews and both times they gave sm3 only 2 out of 4 stars....

but i've also heard that overseas this film is raking in some major cash, which doesn't necesarily mean that it's a good film (pirates of the caribean, anyone? ), but we can all be hopeful, right?

the new spidey video game comes out friday, so i'll be shelling out some clams for that too. hopefully it'll have some killer unlockables!!!

*crosses fingers*

here's to friday!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive got the inside scoop from one the spiderman 3 games developers that bruce campbell one again contributes to the game

United States
    any word on secrets/unlockables/etc?

i'm jonesin' for this farking game so bad i can taste it!!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    The developers have apparently been told to keep that schtum.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I never really liked any of the spider man movies.....

and when it comes to comic book movies....Xmen 3 was pretty horrible only thing I suppose I have to look forward to is Sin City 2.......
    Spiderman 2 was an excellent movie IMHO... XMen 3 had its moments, and wasn't so bad

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i've read a two different reviews and both times they gave sm3 only 2 out of 4 stars....
    All the reviews I've read say it's very good! Somewhere round the same level as the 2nd one
    Last edited by Neil; 03-May-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I rewatched Spider-man yesterday. That film is still very good, even if I've watched it many times now. Gonna watch Spider-man 2 later. I've only seen that twice or thrice and it was all very long ago, so that should get me up and hyped.

X-men 3 was better than X2 if you ask me. But there was room for improvement, sure. Like that porcupine mutant. What the hell was that all about? He was useless!? Why would Magneto want that guy as a right-hand-sidekick? He couldn't even hurt a fly with his stupid power.

United States

Watched this in an iMax last night!

Easily the worst of the three. My big complaints are:

1) The lack of screen time Venom had: he wasn't even really a part of the picture until late in the film...but when he was on the screen, it was amazing. Topher Grace was great as Eddie Brock, too. I really was dubious about them casting him a the big V, but he pulled it off (pardon the pun) gracefully.

2) Harry's "New Gobin" outfit is nothing like a goblin, it's more like a snowboarder's get-up. I was hoping he'd look more like the original GG, the one from the comic books...maybe we'll get lucky with a Hobgolbin in one of the inevitable sequels.

3) Peter Parker becomes Emo-Parker with symbiote suit and decides to start dancing like an ass-clown at random times.

4) Too predictable overall..

too many more to list...
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 04-Mar-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Canada
    Venom should have been in it alot more..but man, they really pulled that off with him...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id like to see if they could do carnage, or if hes even possible.

United Kingdom
    I am seeing this tomorrow, should have gone today but just too lazy

I can't wait!! It was up near the top of my list of must see films for this year and at least hopefully by tomorrow all the fuss will have died down and I won't have to sit on anyones knee to watch it

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    since my little brother really wanted to see it, my mom offered to pay for me to see it too (im skint ) so hey, i aint gonna turn down a free movie, so im gonna be checking it out tomorrow to, though i aint that excited purely becuase being a spidey fan since i was about 6 years old, i allready know whats gonna happen to venom so its like watching a reamake or something you know it might be good, but meh, you dont hold any hopes for anything new or surprising.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ive got the inside scoop from one the spiderman 3 games developers that bruce campbell one again contributes to the game
    I've heard he narrates the game. Personally the movie could've just been him on screen for 2 hours and I would've been satisfied.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    apparently theres a ten minute long scene of him doing a really bad french accent, that sold me, the spidey movies just an extra.

Undisclosed
    Just got back from watching it. Not too bad. I didn't like what they did to Venom at the end.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    saw it, loved it, best spidey film in my opinion. the acting was a fair bit better and minute for minute it had more dram, action and comedy than the other films,mand when bruce came on doing his "pecke'r" bit a few people in the crowd cheered , the guy who played eddie brock, eric from that 70's show, was really good against maguire, though when i saw the first spidey movie i though tobey maguire WAS that dude from taht 70's show, venom looked as good as they could have gotten him on film, and you know hes not gone for good, the flint marko thing was a little lame to be honest but beats the usual "ill get you spiderman" type thing, all in all a great movie, i give it 9/10, possibly the best comic adaptation yet.