Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicotero no-shows Screamfest

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Well I guess I would define a "no show" as you just don't show up and don't give any notice to anyone. "Cancelling" on the other hand is when you notify the convention that you cannot make it due to scheduling conflicts. Do you think there is a difference between those?
    Yes there is a difference between the two. I would ask however, how do you know that he informed the show organizers that he wasnt going to be there? I am not saying that he did or didnt, that I dont know. I do know that there was no mention of the "cancelation" of the screamfest website, his picture and information was still there, and there was no sign or anything at the convention displaying that he wasnt going to be there. If someone went to the show with the express purpose of meeting Greg, they would have not found out until after they had already purchased their ticket and discovered that he wasnt inside. I asked several people where he was, and no one knew. The only way I found out for sure that he wasnt there was I asked Bill Hinzman if he had seen him, and he said no, that he didnt show up (and yes, Hinzman used the words "didnt show up", not cancelled). Of course, Bill Hinzman is not an expert on Greg Nicotero, nor was he an event organizer, so he wouldnt necesarily know if Greg cancelled or not.

And even if Greg called the event organizers to express regret about having to cancel, they did not publicize this fact, so for me as just an attendee, from my stand point it was that he "no-showed", whether he called to cancel or not.

And thirdly, I think that the headline " Nicotero no-shows Screamfest" is a better headline and attracks more attention that "Nicotero cancels Screamfest appearance". Maybe i was influenced by the fact that I work for a newspaper. In any event, I meant no disrespect towards Greg Nicotero or thxleo.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Yes there is a difference between the two. I would ask however, how do you know that he informed the show organizers that he wasnt going to be there? I am not saying that he did or didnt, that I dont know. I do know that there was no mention of the "cancelation" of the screamfest website, his picture and information was still there, and there was no sign or anything at the convention displaying that he wasnt going to be there. If someone went to the show with the express purpose of meeting Greg, they would have not found out until after they had already purchased their ticket and discovered that he wasnt inside. I asked several people where he was, and no one knew. The only way I found out for sure that he wasnt there was I asked Bill Hinzman if he had seen him, and he said no, that he didnt show up (and yes, Hinzman used the words "didnt show up", not cancelled). Of course, Bill Hinzman is not an expert on Greg Nicotero, nor was he an event organizer, so he wouldnt necesarily know if Greg cancelled or not.

And even if Greg called the event organizers to express regret about having to cancel, they did not publicize this fact, so for me as just an attendee, from my stand point it was that he "no-showed", whether he called to cancel or not.

And thirdly, I think that the headline " Nicotero no-shows Screamfest" is a better headline and attracks more attention that "Nicotero cancels Screamfest appearance". Maybe i was influenced by the fact that I work for a newspaper. In any event, I meant no disrespect towards Greg Nicotero or thxleo.
    Well I'm glad you meant no disrespect.
    And how do I know he cancelled? Because he told me he did in a conversation we had via email.

capncnut
    Hehe.

United States

Thanks Philly ...

They all look like they're doin' fine ... wish I could've gone .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."