Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding review of World War Z script

Banned User

Undisclosed
    That was a great book.I can't wait to see it.Hope they don't mess it up.

United States
    I am reading the book now, enjoying it very much...so much detail and vividness in the story....this movie needs to be done in EPIC proportions...I mean this is World WarZ.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Theres a homemade video floating around on youtube from one of the conventions with a panel of Brooks and Romero. Later on JMS turns up and it all looks very cosy indeed.

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGdJt...eature=related

I don't know why, but i wouldn't want Romero to do WWZ. A young and upcoming director with something to prove would be a better choice.
    Yeah Uwe Bol guy that did House of the Dead. Just kidding! I could not pass up on that joke. I think Guilmero Del Torro the Hellboy and Pan director would be a decent choice.

United States
    Am I delerious, or did I hear rumors that Brad Pitt was being considered to star in the actual movie whenever it comes out? I don't know - I mean, he's good in certain parts, but this???

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    Am I delerious, or did I hear rumors that Brad Pitt was being considered to star in the actual movie whenever it comes out? I don't know - I mean, he's good in certain parts, but this???
    Nope. Pitts production company, Plan B, bought the rights. As far as I know that's the only attachment he has to it.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    I hope he's not going to be in this movie.If he is,he's going to totally ruin the movie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Dudes, is that script viewable anywhere online that you folks know about? If so, would someone be so good as to share a link with the rest of us.
    I am not sure if posting it is bad form at this point, as it was leaked sometime ago and has long been available. I will however post a link to an article that has excerpts from it which may wet your whistle.

WARNING SPOILERS:
    SPOILERS BELOW

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...d.php?t=141966

Administrator

England
    Please let's not end up with fast zombies!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I am not sure if posting it is bad form at this point, as it was leaked sometime ago and has long been available. I will however post a link to an article that has excerpts from it which may wet your whistle.

WARNING SPOILERS:
    SPOILERS BELOW

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...d.php?t=141966
    Thanks Thorn. It sounds pretty cool, except the ghouls as scripted sound like they could be runners. Sure hope not, though!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Please let's not end up with fast zombies!
    Oh FFS, fast zombies in WWZ?!

Come on! The only time fast ones should and can be excused is in ROTLD and Deadlands, that's it for me to be honest, Yawn04 can go eff itself in the ayy.

I could also blame 28 Days Later ... ... but it's NOT a zombie film, so that's let off the hook.

Anyway, WWZ is supposed to be shamblers, correct? I want my damn shamblers!!!

If they're not going to play the game properly, they might as well just go home ... *picks up jumper from ground, leaving a one-post goal there, takes the only ball and walks home*

Super Moderator

United States
    Pretty sure they're not supposed to be runners in the scripted version, just fliers.

*Crosses fingers for shamblers*

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Good God! Whats with all the running zombies nowadays?!? Whats next...underwater zombies from Atlantis? Outer space zombies attacking the Enterprise? Transformers zombies??

Geez...

Just been bitten

United States
    Hmm, it looks like the narrator will be more of a character and have both a name and a backstory.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

United States
    They better not have running zombies in this movie.I will be pissed off if they have running zombie in it.

Undisclosed
    I always pictured Edward Norton in the lead while reading the book. He has that innocent yet marred past look in his eyes.