Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Choose your top 10/favourite zombie movies of alltime

United States
    holy crap I forgot Zombieland! hahaa! Doubletap!

Twitching

United States
    1) Dawn of the Dead (original)
    2) Night of the Living Dead (1990/Savini-remake)
    3) Land of the Dead
    4) Day of the Dead
    5) Resident Evil
    6) Resident Evil 3/Extinction
    7) Resident Evil 2/Apocalypse
    8) Return of the Living Dead
    9) Return of the Living Dead 2
    10) Can't remember the name of it. Martial arts actor, living as solo survivalist and setting bombs on the city gaslines to blow up the infested city, then forced to come along to rescue this girl who turns out to have the cure in her blood. One of those late night movies seen on SyFy or Spike.

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    1) Dawn of the Dead (original)
    2) Night of the Living Dead (1990/Savini-remake)
    3) Land of the Dead
    4) Day of the Dead
    5) Resident Evil
    6) Resident Evil 3/Extinction
    7) Resident Evil 2/Apocalypse
    8) Return of the Living Dead
    9) Return of the Living Dead 2
    10) Can't remember the name of it. Martial arts actor, living as solo survivalist and setting bombs on the city gaslines to blow up the infested city, then forced to come along to rescue this girl who turns out to have the cure in her blood. One of those late night movies seen on SyFy or Spike.
    I think your number 10 was called I Am Omega starring Mark Dacascos, came out around the same time as I am Legend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1075746/ link to IMDB

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Due to my low number of serious favorite zombie films, i'm also tossing in some comedies, a TV pilot, and one that's technically not a zombie film...

Day
    Dawn
    The Walking Dead
    Night90
    Shaun
    Grindhouse(Planet Terror)
    Land
    Zombieland
    Night
    28 Days Later
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jan-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: .

Twitching

United States
    Thanks Paranoid101,
    Moment I read it I was like "Doh, THAT'S the name!"
    Interesting pattern in people's preferences. Not nearly as similar as one might expect from some of the threads here.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I rarely post, but I like top 10 lists so what the hell:

Night Of The Living Dead (1968) - favorite movie of all time btw
    Day Of The Dead (1985)
    Dawn Of The Dead (1978)
    The Return Of The Living Dead
    Land Of The Dead
    Zombi 2
    Shaun Of The Dead
    The Dead
    Night Of The Living Dead (1990)
    The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue

Granted, I have yet to see Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things which seems intriguing, so that could at one point end up in my top 10.
    Last edited by AnxietyDilemma; 10-Jan-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Undisclosed
    Day of the dead
    Dawn of the dead
    Night of the living dead
    The dead
    Zombi 2
    The return of the living dead
    [REC]
    Land of the dead
    Braindead
    Shaun of the dead

Not really pure zombie movies to some (and yes, rec could also fall into that category) though they are to others including me:
    The Beyond, City of the living dead, Burial ground (this IS an 'undead' film!), Demons, 28 days/weeks later, The evil dead trilogy, ...

No thanks: every Romero remake EXCEPT the night of the living dead by Savini which is brilliant, Zombieland (meh), ...

Administrator

England
    O.M.G! ! ! You mean "I Am Omega"..? That's an Asylum production and as such should be bleached from existance!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1075746/...hread/94225264

Surely "The Omega Man" should be in place of this if it appears in your top ten list?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Not really pure zombie movies to some
    People get so anal about zombies.

It's amusing.

Romero took ideas from a bunch of different undead myths.

Twitching

United States
    Hrmm,
    I didn't really classify The Omega Man as a zombie movie, because that mutant Matthias is always ranting at Charlton Heston...but in comparison movie to movie yea The Omega Man is the far far better movie.
    However, I didn't seriously mind the other made-for-TV zombie flick. I tend to like broader-scale views of the zombie apocalypse, so local-scale flicks (with the Night/Night-remake being the exception) tend to be kinda meh for me.

Administrator

England
    Hrmm,
    I didn't really classify The Omega Man as a zombie movie, because that mutant Matthias is always ranting at Charlton Heston...but in comparison movie to movie yea The Omega Man is the far far better movie.
    However, I didn't seriously mind the other made-for-TV zombie flick. I tend to like broader-scale views of the zombie apocalypse, so local-scale flicks (with the Night/Night-remake being the exception) tend to be kinda meh for me.
    I've got very fond memories of "The Omega Man", so anything that treads in its footsteps (eg: "I Am Omega") had better do a good job!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post
    People get so anal about zombies.

It's amusing.

Romero took ideas from a bunch of different undead myths.
    High five.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I've got very fond memories of "The Omega Man", so anything that treads in its footsteps (eg: "I Am Omega") had better do a good job!
    I'll always have a soft spot for The Omega Man but it hasn't aged well. It still kicks the crap out of I Am Omega.

I tend to like broader-scale views of the zombie apocalypse, so local-scale flicks (with the Night/Night-remake being the exception) tend to be kinda meh for me.
    I hear ya.

Unfortunately zombies are a ghetto low budget genre.

I respect what some of the indi guys are trying to do but I'd rather see a well made low-scale film like NOTLD instead of an epic piece of crap.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post
    I'll always have a soft spot for The Omega Man but it hasn't aged well. It still kicks the crap out of I Am Omega.
    I can sort of understand that. It has a very 70s vibe to it, which I guess you need to accept or overlook

But I love it - When I was a kid it was one of the group of apocalyptic films that set me down this zombie filled path I now walk
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

United States
    No question,
    The Omega Man was one of my favorite movies growing up, and has remained so. I got a kick out of the fact it just played on AMC on cable (the home of every classic flick from Gone With the Wind to Hitchcock's The Birds). Always nice to see some apocalyptic horror make the list of accepted classics.

That early scene, where Heston ends up racing for his home fortress after having been delayed late enough for the sun to set was one of the in-your-face edge of the seat scenes that hooked me on Survival Horror as a kid/young adolescent. Looking back, I'm terribly thankful my Mom was uber-cool about not censoring what I wanted to watch. Other than to use the Screaming Nightmare standard. (Ie: If it made me wake in the middle of the night with a scream, it didn't get a 2nd showing in the house til I was much older.)

Probably one of the only kids who at under age 12 was taken by his Mom to see Aliens when it played at a drive-in as part of a weekend sci-fi binge of classics. Was one of her favorite movies, and she wanted me to get a chance to see the version unedited for TV. (Gun-drones FTW!/One of the BEST SCENES EVER in a movie. Watching as the characters watched the ammo counters for the drones race downwards towards zero as the Aliens just kept swarming forwards, until they finally withdrew with like 6-16 rounds left in the last drone was bar none one of the best uses of dramatic tension in ANY movie, period!)

Ahh for the good ole days.