Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very little buzz, even here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Land was obviously better than Dawn 04, but Dawn 04 was better than Diary. However, this new film will probably go up against this new film, not Diary.
    Imo, depending on your taste the films are a wash. They're different type of films but in every movie review site i've been on dawn 04' is consistently rated higher.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And don't be suprised if once again he makes a better Flick than Gar.

It seems like it's head to head. Dawn 04' Vs. Land and this new flick Vs. diary.

He won't have to try very hard to top it, i'll tell you that much.

Even Season Of The Witch is better than Dawn 04

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    Let's not get nuts here.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK

I agree.

Seriously though, I do dig SOTW, and there was one sequence (a home invasion sequence I think), which I thought was shot and edited brilliantly and had me literally on the edge of my seat. Can't really explain it, it was just an awesome sequence.

Nothing with flying zombies in it should ever be considered better than anything.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wasn't aware that they had wings. Although it's never explicitly stated that the zombies in that film were "dead".

Super Moderator

United States
    I foresee this thread arriving at a dark and horrible place in the not too distant future.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Hell, even the Calgon commercial is better than Dawn 04.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hooray for the Calgon advert!

Darth - I was referring to a HPOTD in-joke, perhaps you weren't in on that particular gag.

United States
    I agree.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hooray for the Calgon advert!

Darth - I was referring to a HPOTD in-joke, perhaps you weren't in on that particular gag.
    Or maybe I didn't find it funny.

I guess i'm not down with the cool kids.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Imo, depending on your taste the films are a wash. They're different type of films but in every movie review site i've been on dawn 04' is consistently rated higher.

Every review I ever saw of Titanic consistently rated it higher than most other films. What's your point?

I know a good film when I see one, because I know what I like. And I don't think running zombies is enough to keep an otherwise shallow and characterless film going. Sorry, but Land had ten times the character depth that Dawn 04 had.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Every review I ever saw of Titanic consistently rated it higher than most other films. What's your point?

I know a good film when I see one, because I know what I like. And I don't think running zombies is enough to keep an otherwise shallow and characterless film going. Sorry, but Land had ten times the character depth that Dawn 04 had.
    Precisely why I put the disclaimer: depending on your taste.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Precisely why I put the disclaimer: depending on your taste.

Well, no offense, but duh.

United States
    Sorry, but Land had ten times the character depth that Dawn 04 had.
    Oh really. . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Perhaps I missed it, but....

Is there no title for this film right now? As in the production company has said there is no title and it's being called "Romero's untitled zombie film" until an official name is chosen? Or is it just that nobody around here knows the title and we're calling it "untitled...."?
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Oct-2008 at 08:50 PM.