Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update the Dead Films

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Was this guy writing while the storm was in progress....was he able to write after it was over and done with and the destruction had set in?

I think the internet would be up for a while in a dead crisis, as would cell phones, until the people who keep the wheels turning drop by the wayside.
    yea then we'd have zombie cops saying "send more cops" on the CB

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Much argument has been made of the "timeline"/"when did it happen" of Romero's Dead films.

I have always gone on the assumption that all 4 films happen right now, as in, within a few years of each other, in the present day.
    Well, that is a very good assumption, seeing is that is how they are presented.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Thinking about this, you have to stretch your disbelief a bit, and discount the "dated" items in each film.
    The thing that is very funny about the concept of "dated" items stretching the suspension of disbelief as to the films happening "now" is that no one ever mentions the suspension of disbelief that the dead are coming back to life and want to eat the living. If you can accept that concept and enjoy the films, how is it harder to ignore the dated items? As has been mentioned, you can still find many of those dated items still today, but I have yet to see a zed feasting on brains.....

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    He is ex-Special Forces, worked for an IT company at the time and posted before, after and during the storm. Some info is available here. They used a generator to keep their servers running after power was knocked out.

The blog still exists if anyone cares to sift two years backwards through the postings (Interdictor's journal). I read it during the aftermath of Katrina and the photos that he posted were unbelievable.

The power was still on in the first two DEAD films, even after civil defense broadcasts fell by the wayside. As long as there was power somewhere, people would be using the Internet and cell phones to establish communications with other pockets of the "living."

In the first two movies, not that much time went by. The outbreak was contained in (or so it appeared) in Night. In Dawn, going by the size of Fran's stomach, it had been only a few months.

That brings up another point, how long can power stations (speficially nuclear) function on their own? Comparing today's technology to the 1970s, how long can a power source continue to run idle after its human maintainers are gone?

Any experts on this matter here?

United States
    Ehh....Why not maybe George should do a little digital magic with all his films and re-release them with technology appropriate to today. I see no reason why Ben in the original NOTLD can't have an I-Pod and a Blackberry.