Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Character names from "Island of the Dead" first impressions...

England
    I suspect 'Nicotine' Crockett will be shortened to 'Nico', not too outlandish, could even be Italian...
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Seriously, why are people bitching about the names, are they high?

What's wrong with "Nicotine" - clearly the character is a chain-smoker, and "Cancer Man" and "Cigarette Smoking Man" were taken over a decade ago, so I'm totally cool with that.

Chuck - normal name.

Tom Boy - there was a "Pretty Boy" in Land, obviously a nickname, not ludicrous either - plus, the actress is hot.

Janet/Jane - again, normal name, sheesh ... also, she too is hot.

Lem Muldoon - pretty normal name again there.

It's not like GAR's naming his characters "Apple", and "Paris", and "Brooklyn" fer feck sake!

Because ti is fun...

I agree about the hot factor though, but since she IS so hot I do not see her as a Tom Boy. Unless it is one of those cases where you call a fat guy slim and a guy with red hair Blue.

Again she is all woman from where I am standing.

If she is a tom boy than Steele form Day is the 6th member of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
    Last edited by Thorn; 07-Nov-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Yeah IMDB has a cast list up, IMDB really is a good site for information on casts, years, and items of that nature. Their ratings system is terrible, and their message board trolls are ravenous but really it is a great site for a lot of other things in my opinion.

I prefer mooviepoopshoot.com

(Oh and Clan I dig the Miami vice reference )

Source:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1134854/
    Someone has been watching Jay and Silent Bob. He said Poop

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    The scene opens with Lem Muldoon walking his beat, it wasn't the easiest job on the force but it beat pushing pencils behind a desk. Then, before he knew it he was passing the bar. O'Flynn's. He had stopped there every night on the beat, not for the beer, but because of her. She was the daughter of the owner and quite the looker. Jane O'Flynn. What a dame. Red hair the color of fire and a temper to match.
    You, my good man, have a hidden talent!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Baited ****ing breath.

Romero has more to live up to than anything.

"Pretty boy"....stupid ****ing name for a character...and "nicotine crockett"...gimmie a break....almost as bad as Motown...("you can call me motown" worst line in land?)

Silly silly silly. Do we need mad maxian nicknames?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Someone has been watching Jay and Silent Bob. He said Poop
    I always loved that, the URL is taken by the way. First thing I did was try to see if it was available so I could start a website.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    You, my good man, have a hidden talent!
    /bow
    Why thank you m'lady. I always wanted to write pulp fiction stories

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Baited ****ing breath.

Romero has more to live up to than anything.

"Pretty boy"....stupid ****ing name for a character...and "nicotine crockett"...gimmie a break....almost as bad as Motown...("you can call me motown" worst line in land?)

Silly silly silly. Do we need mad maxian nicknames?
    How about Pillsbury? Yeah plenty of ridiculous nicknames in Land.

Super Moderator

UK
    Pillsbury rocked!

I wouldn't f*ck with that guy.

Also, I'm sure some of you folks have some pretty daft nicknames that you and your mates came up with.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Nov-2008 at 05:38 PM.

United States
    I wouldn't get between him and a buffet line that's for sure.

Super Moderator

United States
    Pillsbury rocked!

Well, if he didn't have a gun, I'd love to poke him with a long stick and run away.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Pillsbury rocked!

Also, I'm sure some of you folks have some pretty daft nicknames that you and your mates came up with.
    Please tell me how this guy could get away from zombies. . . He would take like 15 steps and become winded. I HATE that character!!!!!!!! Any person THAT big in a world where food is regulated comodity needs to be put on a state (or Kaufman) required diet. Stupid stupid Pillbury!!!
    Last edited by clanglee; 18-Nov-2008 at 01:11 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    But on the other hand, it's food across an entire city, feeding a collection of people that's far fewer than the population of an average city, so technically there's plenty to go around.

Also, look at rugby players - great big huge blokes over 20 stone each, and those guys move like sh*t off a shovel, people can be thin but out of shape big style, and likewise people can be great big buggers, but very much in shape.

Don't be player hatin' books by their cover, yo.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Any person THAT big in a world where food is regulated comodity needs to be put on a state (or Kaufman) required diet. Stupid stupid Pillbury!!!
    Remember Jurassic Park...nature will find a way? Well, some people will always just find a way to be fat.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    But on the other hand, it's food across an entire city, feeding a collection of people that's far fewer than the population of an average city, so technically there's plenty to go around.

Also, look at rugby players - great big huge blokes over 20 stone each, and those guys move like sh*t off a shovel, people can be thin but out of shape big style, and likewise people can be great big buggers, but very much in shape.

Don't be player hatin' books by their cover, yo.
    Dude, nothing about that guy is in shape!! Unless the shape you mean is round. I see your point aboutthe availability of food, but my point is that he would be looked upon with distrust and even hate, because he Obviously gets more than his fair share. Pilsbury could hardly deliver his lines without taking big fatboy breaths between each sentence.

Fat useless F#ck!ng character!!!

Now having said that, let me point out that I am on the tubby side myself. So I know what I am talking about. But I can garangoddamntee ya that if I had survived a zombie armaggedon for three years, I would have slimmed down to below a 40 waist.
    Last edited by clanglee; 19-Nov-2008 at 10:21 AM.

United States
    So are we saying that Pillsbury was the dude's nickname? I must be in denial cause I thought his name was just Pillsbury. I figure he survived because the zombies prefer leaner meat.

I hate the Mad Maxian names as well. Hate them, hate them, hate them.

Motown and Manolette and Pillsbury were not the worst for me. They were just throw-away characters anyhow. I hated Slack. The woman who aspired to be on the military but was forced to become a streetwalked identifies herself with a gangish nickname? Come on.

At least he stayed normal with Riley & Charlie. We could've had, "Call me Meltdown. Just look at my face, you can see I should be called Meltdown."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    At least he stayed normal with Riley & Charlie. We could've had, "Call me Meltdown. Just look at my face, you can see I should be called Meltdown."

Oh my. .they missed the boat on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Manolette "
    Forgot about him. Stupid ****ing bullfighter with his little cap!!!! I take back what I said earlier. Compared to Manolete, Pilsbury was genius!! I just have a very, very, . . . .very strong dislike for Pilsbury. But that Manolette motherf#cker!!! Him, I hate!!
    Last edited by clanglee; 24-Nov-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost