Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any "old timer members" still here?

Undisclosed

THis site

I think it's cool how you guys all remember each other and stuff. I'm still a total n00b around here, but I love the sense of community and enjoy all of the discussions on here, even just reading them is interesting. Thanks to you guys for making it such a cool community and accepting new members (like myself)

United States
    Few old timers still around. Some got banned during the flamewar of 04-05. Some just lurk instead of posting, or are in the "other" part of the forum.

Whenever a new Romero or other mass market zombie movie hits theaters a few return to post again.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Crapping bear I remember you well, I made a signature for you, and we had a lot of great discussions back in the day with the old school board members.

I will miss your old name though.

I myself took a break for a while after it got way too political around here, but I find that you can come home and there were some of the old guard and a lot of new faces with a lot to offer to great zombie discussions.

It's a great community.

IdSaluteYou Bub or however it was spelled was a great screen name I seem to recall him as a younger guy.

I do indeed remember that sig. Over the years for whatever reason I never could get the site to let me re-register correctly and I "assume" all those attempts locked up the Crappingbear name in a vault forever more. If Neil has a way to maybe change my current name back to Crappingbear that would be cool. Maybe I should pm him.

Good to see some of you old names still around. I can't say I've been overly impressed by many zom movies the last few years so nothing exciting to say there.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Safari Mike View Post
    I do indeed remember that sig. Over the years for whatever reason I never could get the site to let me re-register correctly and I "assume" all those attempts locked up the Crappingbear name in a vault forever more. If Neil has a way to maybe change my current name back to Crappingbear that would be cool. Maybe I should pm him.
    Looks like the old one is still there. If they delete the old account you should be able to change the new one?

Good to see some of you old names still around. I can't say I've been overly impressed by many zom movies the last few years so nothing exciting to say there.
    Had a feeling you might feel that way, especially *ahem* about Land & Diary. Or even Dawn '04 for that matter.

How 'bout "Shaun of the Dead"? (yeah it's a comedy, but still...)

If you get a chance, check out "Dead Set". It's quite a piece of work. Best zombie movie I've seen in a looong while. I'd stack it up against just about any zed movie you'd care to name, including the works of GAR himself.

[REC] from Spain (remade as Quarantine here is the states) was quite good.

"Flight of the Living Dead" was fun IMO (though not deep by any means)

I've heard good things about "Fido", but have yet to watch my copy.

"The Zombie Diaries" from the UK was a grim little low budget-er. A bit uneven, but worth a look.

But yeah, there's a LOT of other movies (see my list posted HERE:http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...referrerid=106 ) that are..... (& not in a good way)

United States
    After lurking and not posting for a while, I registered back in March of 2003. Does that categorize me as an "old timer?"

United States
    Forgive me for being self indugent. I was a member here a decade ago by the name of Crappingbear. For whatever reasons, when Neil made all the nifty dandy improvements I never could register or post. Finally, things seem to work. Are any of the old guard still here or have all sadly gone by the wayside?
    i been on for a while myself. used to go by the name undertaker on here. still use it on the fiction page

United States
    Either way, welcome back CB always good to see old friends. If you need anything or want to chat look me up!

Just been bitten

Scotland

Welcome back CB

You vanished quite abruptly from the old forums if my memory serves me right. You were the guy that was ex military were you not? I enjoyed your insight all those years ago.

I went under the name of Wildee in the old forums... 6 years and I amassed an amazing post total of abt 320 or so posts, only to see my efforts vanish back to zero when the new forums went on-line.

Anyhoo, it is good to see you alive and well, and I look forward to reading what you have to say again.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    or are in the "other" part of the forum.
    Oh man, does the "cool kids" forum still exist? I remember when that was created for the chosen few and there was some major whinage going on.

I didnt think that forum was still around, or that it even needed to be used anymore.

Too bad we cant all be "cool kids!"
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Undisclosed

Flamewar

What was the Flamewar in 04-05 someone mentioned? Was it bad?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    You vanished quite abruptly from the old forums if my memory serves me right. You were the guy that was ex military were you not? I enjoyed your insight all those years ago.

I went under the name of Wildee in the old forums... 6 years and I amassed an amazing post total of abt 320 or so posts, only to see my efforts vanish back to zero when the new forums went on-line.

Anyhoo, it is good to see you alive and well, and I look forward to reading what you have to say again.
    Wildee I do remember you, glad you remember me. Glad to see you still around. So many new names (like me) that I hope we keep reminding ourselves who we were as it was much fun in the old days.

Crappingbear

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammylou View Post
    Pretty unpleasant. Made the place not a lot of fun. Less said the better.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    Oh man, does the "cool kids" forum still exist? I remember when that was created for the chosen few and there was some major whinage going on.

I didnt think that forum was still around, or that it even needed to be used anymore.

Too bad we cant all be "cool kids!"
    GHAH!!! I hope not. If so, let 'em have it. I prefer this one anyway.

Wildee I do remember you, glad you remember me. Glad to see you still around. So many new names (like me) that I hope we keep reminding ourselves who we were as it was much fun in the old days.

Crappingbear
    Nice to see your old avatar back BTW.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 11-Feb-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammylou View Post
    Yeah I agree with what has been said it is better left in the past, not to be rude to you of course it is a legitimate question. Suffice to say I left the boards over it and I am a die hard zombie freak as any fool can plainly see.

I will stick to the Zombie boards now though, avoid general discussion, and maybe pop into the game board but I am keeping my HPOTD experience about undead.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I will stick to the Zombie boards now though, avoid general discussion, and maybe pop into the game board but I am keeping my HPOTD experience about undead.
    I've learned there are some threads to "just say no" to.

Also, I've learned if I state my opinion & you state yours, & we don't agree, let it go. I've stated my position, you've stated yours, neither of us is going to convince the other most likely, & eventually it's gonna get snarky & heated. If that means letting the other person get the last word in, hey, that's cool, no worries. I'm not keeping score or anything. My opinion is still my own. No big.

Uh...I mean "you" in a general sense, not YOU personally...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    jesus h. christ in a chariot driven sidecar. as soon as i saw that avatar, i knew it had to be crappingbear.

damn, and like a few posts above moonsylver and i were bemoaning the fact you don't come around anymore.

there have been a few name changes, i am the artist formerly known as scipio70.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    this is eerie, mention someone and they appear.
    first person who mentions chaos, trioxin or gv2steve after this post, gets their ass kicked.
    Last edited by Mike70; 12-Feb-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."