Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: zombie music...

Canada
    My friend actually has a copy, the music is pretty good. I always liked the music that played when Roger and Peter were charging for Penny's doors

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That did make for a very tense scene. Everything takes a back seat to the library track from the gunstore imo.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I really enjoy the Dawn soundtrack, both the Goblin and the library musci. I have most if not all of both, and I like everything. Of course, some of my enjoyment of the libray music is no doubt clouded by my love of Dawn. I think that Jogn Harrison's score from Day is just brilliant.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You mean you, philly swat, do not own every shred of music associated with the film!?! I'm shocked!! You gotta step your game up dude.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Scotland
    Anyone know who did the Dawn mall music at the end?

I don't think it was goblin and my older chums are saying it's from some TV show.

Any ideas?

Undisclosed

Thumbs up My fav....

For sure Dawn 78'!

You know iv'e shown this movie to alot of people and and even the people who think the movie is stupid get mesmorized by the music!

During a time when synthesizers where new those guys sure knew how to work it!
    My personal favorite was "Im a Man" (scene with the rednecks drinking beer)the only song not done by goblin but was part of the Wolfe libray the band "The Pretty Things" were part of the british invasion in the 60's!
    Though not that popular in the states and needing money did what they had to do and recording this song for the Wolfe library which was picked for Dawn was one of there at the time desperate to make money attempts!

"But im glad they did it know"!

Im just upset that its not on the main soundtrack, but is on the unrealeased wolfe library sound track of Dawn!
    Last edited by DEAD BEAT; 27-Jul-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    MORTAL KOMBAT!

Hey, there are undead at the very end of Mortal Kombat.

On a more zombie-related note, I think I prefer Day of the Dead. Dawns score is good, but it is overshadowed by Goblin's Suspiria score, so I cannot choose it.

Return of the Living Dead has the best non-original music, no doubt. After Mortal Kombat, that is.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Anyone know who did the Dawn mall music at the end?

I don't think it was goblin and my older chums are saying it's from some TV show.

Any ideas?
    The Gonk by H. Chappell

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    The Gonk
    That sounds like a foot disease that needs amputation or a disease one gets after unprotected sex.

Undisclosed
    I cant believe no one has mentioned John Harrison's awesome synth score for Day....How suitable for the time in which it was made.

No doubt Dawn has some of the best music for setting the scene on the screen.

I love the whole combination of the background drone/library cues, combined with Dr Millard Rouch's rant about "We are down to the line folks" while Roger is rising from the dead.

For me, that is the most intense scene of any of the Dead films. It makes my neck hair stand up and gives me chills everytime i see it.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Undisclosed

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That sounds like a foot disease that needs amputation or a disease one gets after unprotected sex.
    No i believe that is what they call a blowjob in Italy!

Canada
    Day.

The opening music is wonderful and enhances the scene greatly. Hell, throughtout the music it fits.
    Day was a hell of alot darker then the others, and the music represented that.

no question in my mind.

Undisclosed
    Dawn - Hands down. Also a special mention for Zombie Creeping Flesh (which stole Goblin's music for Dawn and Contamination) because Goblin blow the rest out of the water.
    Two recent CDs I picked up are Contamination and Buio Omega. These 2 only have one original Goblin member, the bass player, Fabio Pignatelli. But they are great and some people's favorites. There are still 4 tracks missing from Hell of the LD if you have Contamination and Dawn and I'm not sure if they're Goblin. The opening theme is by a guy with a Spanish name. It's listed on youtube in the comments. I spent a lot of time cued up for the track on Fantafestival vol 3, finally got it and it's not even in the movie although I think it's a part of the track used when London shoots the cat gut old lady. I've been downloading soundtracks from soundtrack blogs and soulseek cause I don't want to spend $20 for three different versions of a soundtrack just to have all the tracks. Not to mention things that go out of print easily like Zombi Holocaust.

United Kingdom

any info

any info on the music played while peter and steven are playing cards
    sort of like spanish guitar. you see steven takeing the vinal out of its sleave and putting it on the player thanks

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    East Hastings from 28 Days Later was the sh1t.

The score was great, too... especially "In the house, in a heartbeat".