Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Friday the 13th

England
    Dont think il be watching this,more sacrilege!

I didnt mind "the hills have eyes" remake though,it was watchable

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not all remakes suck sack. Imo, Halloween was a very good one that was as good as the original. But yeah, most of them are just not very good for some reason.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Saw at midnight. I enjoyed it. I don't really hold any of the F13 to a standard that is anything more than pure entertainment. The remake entertained me, so I am satisfied.

United States
    thanks philly, you saved me from wasting my time seeing this. mind you, i'd have waited till it came on tv or one of my pals got the dvd, but now i know i can waste my time on something else.

although i'm sure that given that it is F13th today, lots of today's ignorant and mindless ADD-afflicted youth will buy tickets to sit in theaters and text message and talk throughout the film, and it'll end up #1 at the box office...which means sequels. oh boy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    thanks philly, you saved me from wasting my time seeing this.|
    Meh...I'll still see it myself & make my own judgment. One man's meat is another man's poison as they say...

United States
    i wasn't really planning on seeing it anyway, but i do trust philly's judgment on this one. like someone recently said about ghey08, the trailer is enough evidence for me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Meh...I'll still see it myself & make my own judgment. One man's meat is another man's poison as they say...
    Exactly. . I still can't help but be a little excited to see it.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    i agree, i'm excited to see it too. like when land was about to come out hahahaha. man, i hated the texas chainsaw remake, i liked halloween, but didnt see hills have eyes. oh well. i'll comment my opinion later tonight

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Exactly. . I still can't help but be a little excited to see it.
    Honestly, based on Philly's comments, it sounded about like the others, so *shrug*...all of the posts I've read at the F13 board I lurk on are saying they think it's better than #5 & beyond, so that would put it right about middle of the road in comparison to the series, so I can live with that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Honestly, based on Philly's comments, it sounded about like the others, so *shrug*...all of the posts I've read at the F13 board I lurk on are saying they think it's better than #5 & beyond, so that would put it right about middle of the road in comparison to the series, so I can live with that.
    :LOL: 5 and beyond huh? I'm actually a HUGE fan of part 6 personally. Part 5 however was a travesty.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    :LOL: 5 and beyond huh? I'm actually a HUGE fan of part 6 personally. Part 5 however was a travesty.
    *channels jay*

word bitch! part six like a motherf*cker!

*channeling over*

i've always dug this. first of all horschack gets played out by jason and as someone who grew up in the 70's/early 80s that was damn satisfying.

it's got the dude from return in it and he ain't half bad.

the sheriff, who is a real dick, looks exactly like the dude i took greek 301 and 302 from in college. even though he wasn't a dick, he was one of the hardest profs (fucking people that actually expect you to work for grades - what an outrage) i ever had, so there is probably a bit of transference going there.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    :LOL: 5 and beyond huh? I'm actually a HUGE fan of part 6 personally.
    F13th 6 was awesome, I thought I was the only one who liked it. In fact F13th 1, 4 and 6 are all I have time for with that particular series.

United States
    Yeah no. . I love part 6. . it walked the line between actual horror and spoof quite well. It came off as funny and scary without one side winning out completely.

capncnut
    Plus Alice Cooper did a great (but candy assed) track for it.

United States
    hahaha! now you guys know i'm a huge fan of 6 after making my gta mod haha. clanglee if you havnt seen it, check this out.