Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netflix: Instant Queue

United States
    Watched a few more good ones recently.

1. Dirty - Cuba Gooding Jr http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439544/

2. Linewatch - Cuba Gooding Jr http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047832/

3. The New Daughter - Kevin Costner http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0951335/

United States
    I'm watching the US version of Men Behaving Badly. I was working 2nd shift these years, and sadly missed this as I was busy raising a newborn at the time. Making up for it now, and will do the UK version next, sure it'll be even better.
    Rob Schneider plays the perfect cavemannish buffoon. I think it's rubbing off, as my wife is mad at me nightly for being a badly behaving man, lol.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    'Man on Wire'. Great documentary about the guy that illegally walked a tight rope between The World Trade Center Towers in 1974. Really good stuff....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's also an assload of MST3K episodes on there as well.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    There's also an assload of MST3K episodes on there as well.
    Yeah, there's a good ten or fifteen episodes plus the movie. I was pleasantly surprised when I made that discovery.

They've also recently added all of the Star Trek series'. I believe it's all of them, anyway. Original, TNG, DS9, etc.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They've also recently added all of the Star Trek series'. I believe it's all of them, anyway. Original, TNG, DS9, etc.
    Omg, omg, omg, omg, omg, omg, omg...
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Finishing up the Men Behaving Badly UK original, I loveeeeeeeeeeeee Martin Clunes. Gonna watch his other show, Doc Marten next. Saw an interview with him the other day, he is such a nice, charitable guy. Nothing like his Gary Strang character.
    Last night we watched Dead Girl.
    Pretty much two doods, one of them pretty emo, find a dead chick strapped to a table. One decides to keep her and get some serious zombie poon on a daily basis, but in the end all goes wrong. Was expecting a home video camera type movie, but was shot pretty decently. Dragged a bit in the middle, but was overall an ok movie to watch. Does anyone get their dick bitten off?
    I'm not spoiling it, but I'm sure it immediately pops into your head that it's gonna happen to someone...
    It's hard to sift through all the shit people put out. Some of the zombie movies I've clicked on lasted only a few minutes before I could take no more. Still, it's better than renting them at Blockbuster with nothing more than a cleverly crafted dvd cover to go by. It's almost as if they spent more money on the cover art than the film itself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This may be common knowledge to everyone but me, but i've just found a website that lists whats coming up on Netflix Instant and how long it will be available. http://feedfliks.com/streaming/coming-soon. This will help determine how long you have with TV series' before they're taken off. It also lists the movies and shows with highest ratings.

Anyway, I just watched 'The Fighter'. It's a good flick, but all the attention it received last year now seems a bit over the top. Bale was spot on as his character, but the rest was kinda meh. Like 'The Social Network', it's a good film but a bit overrated when it comes to awards season...
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Aug-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: .

United States
    If anyone else uses a Roku box to watch streaming from Netflix there are two interesting new channels:

Instant Watch Browser: Lets you search through the entire Instant Watch list of Netflix and put them in your account. Cost $2.99 a year.

MultiQs: Lets you divide your Netflix Queue into seperate lists and also search and place into any of your queues. Cost $4.99 a year.

My husband is really glad about the seperate queues...he was tired of going thorough my hundreds of horror and sci-fi to get to his movies! LOL
    "No Day But Today"-RENT

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    WTF? With the Roku they actually charge you EXTRA to do stuff that you can do for free on XBOX, PS3, and just about any Blu-Ray player?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    WTF? With the Roku they actually charge you EXTRA to do stuff that you can do for free on XBOX, PS3, and just about any Blu-Ray player?
    I had no idea that other systems did not charge.....I don't have any gamy systems or a blu ray. I just thought that the ability to split queues and other stuff was great! :-)
    "No Day But Today"-RENT

United States
    Not sure if you guys are into it, but there's a metric shit-ton of Mystery Science Theater 3000's on Nextflix streaming right now. I'm about 1/2 way through them (for the second time, I was an avid MST3K fan when they were on).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Not sure if you guys are into it, but there's a metric shit-ton of Mystery Science Theater 3000's on Nextflix streaming right now. I'm about 1/2 way through them (for the second time, I was an avid MST3K fan when they were on).
    Darth and I were talking about that earlier in the thread. Good stuff.

I watched "Werewolf" last night. Man....funny, funny episode.

United States
    Watched Zombie Town. Although alot of cheese, something made me watch until the end. Silly, but not horrible, even with all the flubs I saw. Loved that guy's red fro and his monster sideburns, not to mention his over the top acting.
    Dead and Deader on the other hand...
    The jury is still out on that, as I haven't finished it yet.
    Hatchet 2 came in the mail. Not as good as the first, but decent. Saw the behind the scenes featurette. The director seemed to have a genuine love for the slasher flicks in the 80's. Cheese, yes, but old school like a mofo. I hope 3 and 4 get made. Next in the mail will be [rec] 1 and 2. Never seem them before, and being in Spanish will make my wife happy. I don't mind reading subtitles when they go too fast for me, lol.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Darth and I were talking about that earlier in the thread. Good stuff.
    Damn, I need to work on my search skills...

=bassman]I watched "Werewolf" last night. Man....funny, funny episode.
    I watched another zombie one (can't remember the name of it) but there were pretty much ZERO zombies until the VERY end of the movie.. WTF?! Is this the same one?

Gotta love those ancient cheesey movies..
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-Aug-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: ...