Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Doctor Who ... yay!

United States
    Daleks and Cybermen? Haven't they both been "destroyed forever" like 50 times already?

I can see it now (Apologies to the Simpsons) Dr Who: So very tired.

"Doctor look it's the Daleks!"

*sigh* "Again with the Daleks."

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hmmm... Bit of a push that!
    no way man, the cybermen are a race of emotionless cyborgs who exist as a collective/hive mind & abduct people to convert by force into more cybermen...thats the borg innit.

the cybermen's catchphrase was even "resistance is useless"...

i reckon the borg were more horrifying though.

nevertheless, i totally believe that...

+

=

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    hmmm... liam does make an interesting point. You can see where the Borg might be a Cyberman rip-off.

Personally, I'd be more afraid of the Borg. They adapt to any weapon. The cybermen can be killed fairly easily.

capncnut
    Not only that but the Cyberman were created in 1966.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the cybermen, the new ones that is look cooler, kinda like the new cylons but the borg are way scarier in my opinion, cus all that advanced federation technology is useless against em, wereas the cybermen are tough but kinda lame at the same time.

Super Moderator

UK
    But you can have a conversation with a Borg, with a Cyberman you can't, they're just hard-arse drones who yarp "DELETE!!!" at you, there's no reasoning in there, and that's scary stuff ... whereas with the Borg, they're always shooting the poo with whichever Captain they're snuggling up to now, trading words via the big TV on the bridge before they beam on board ... lol, have they never heard of a firewall?! Get one and block all Borg transmissions.

I don't watch Star Trek, just having a laugh, no need for nerdy "no, but..." type rebuttals, just 'avin' a larrrrrf, mate...

United Kingdom
    My fave doc is still sylvester Mccoy (think I spelt that right) but thats just to throw a spin on the whole thread.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm View Post
    My fave doc is still sylvester Mccoy (think I spelt that right) but thats just to throw a spin on the whole thread.
    He was the worst by miles.

Super Moderator

UK
    I remember watching the McCoy ones back in the day as a kid ... then I remember a while later when I was in primary school they were re-running a lot of the old Dr Who episodes, like in the Tom Baker, Peter Davidson etc era. Good stuff...I think it all kicked off with a Dr Who night or something like that...

Then of course there was the Paul McGann Xmas episode or something wasn't there? Wasnt' much cop as I remember ... but I don't remember much about it.

Back when I was a kid, Davros was terrifying, that one eye freaked me out...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    when I was in primary school they were re-running a lot of the old Dr Who episodes, like in the Tom Baker, Peter Davidson etc era. Good stuff... I think it all kicked off with a Dr Who night or something like that...
    Yes indeedy and I still have that Who Night on VHS.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I think the cybermen are scarier. With the Borg your a drone connected to the hive mind, your not submerged in there trying to break free you are one with this consciece, theres a way to reverse being a drone through surgery. As a Cybermen you lose all physical identity and are going to be like this until your killed, worse still you could snap out of it and find yourself a sexless unfeeling machine and want to die, something which would be hard to pull off unless theres a energy weapon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    He was the worst by miles.
    the best three doctors by far, in my opinion, are christopher ecclseton, davidtennant and the legendary p-i-m-p himself, tom baker

capncnut
    "Would you like a jelly baby?"

United Kingdom
    each to there own, he was the one that perked my interest in the Dr Who mythos

Kazakhstan
    mccoy gets slagged off but he was better than peter davison in my opinion...

i would be shot for saying that out loud in some circles...

i think the best doctors were;

william hartnell
    patrick troughton
    tom baker
    colin baker
    david tennant
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE