Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a romero day sequel?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    He was in Devil's Rejects(as well as Halloween) because Rob Zombie is a huge fan of the original Dawn. His name is all over Shaun for the same reasons...
    Foree had much better roles prior to Rob Zombie's hack films which scream "warning: fanboy masturbating!"

You can't beat the ensemble of Jeffrey Combs, Barabara Crampton and Ken Foree in From Beyond.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Foree had much better roles prior to Rob Zombie's hack films which scream "warning: fanboy masturbating!"

You can't beat the ensemble of Jeffrey Combs, Barabara Crampton and Ken Foree in From Beyond.
    Yeah...I know. He's had a long career. I only explained those three films because that is what Ace was talking about.

And Devil's Rejects is most definitely not a hack film.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    How could you have a sequel, they all die horrible deaths except for John, Sarah and McDermott who have to be pushing 60 by now!

It would have been neat, say a few days after the original, to have had a sort of rescue team show up at the facility. Better late than never, right? Maybe they could have had a nice conversation with Bub and that fat chef zombie who liked to chomp on Steel's arm. Dr. Frankenstein didn't look like he took a round to the head, maybe he could have gotten up and told them what them the story of what happened.

and uh.......theres a few people over 60 still acting. so why not? think about how old dennis hopper was when he filmed land

He was in Devil's Rejects(as well as Halloween) because Rob Zombie is a huge fan of the original Dawn. His name is all over Shaun for the same reasons...

meaning his career was made bigger by the interest again.
    Last edited by acealive1; 28-Nov-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    And Devil's Rejects is most definitely not a hack film.
    The Devil's Rejects is truly awful cinema. Perhaps if Rob "Zombie" (yeah, that's not too fanboy) would quit subjecting us to his idiotic wife who is the most unconvincing serial killer in the history of motion pictures, his movies would be far less hack.

You know, while these Hollywood fanboy freaks fall over one another to make modern "grindhouse" cinema, someone should explain to them that the best exploitation films of the 60s and 70s were made for relatively little money using unknown actors that didn't look like fashion models, and the filmmakers had to rely on skill and creativity to produce a marketable product that could compete with the major studios.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    The Devil's Rejects is truly awful cinema.
    Your opinion, but a bollocks one nonetheless.

But I do admit that Rob's missus gets on my tits too, as much as I would like to bang her.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Your opinion, but a bollocks one nonetheless.
    Ha, at least I can provide countless reasons why my opinion is closer to fact than your misguided view of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    But I do admit that Rob's missus gets on my tits too, as much as I would like to bang her.
    Now, now, I never said poor acting ability is detrimental to bangability. The main problem I have with these ho-bags that believe they can act, sing or be artistic in any way shape or form is that it takes them far too long to pose for the inevitable nude photo spread. They typically shirk from their one true talent until no one cares to look at them any longer.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    and uh.......theres a few people over 60 still acting. so why not? think about how old dennis hopper was when he filmed land

meaning his career was made bigger by the interest again.

No kidding, but if you're gonna pick up Day exactly where it left off, how are you gonna account for them looking so damned old? Stress?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    No kidding, but if you're gonna pick up Day exactly where it left off, how are you gonna account for them looking so damned old? Stress?

sequel doesnt have to pick right up. none of the die hards did.

Dead

Undisclosed
    sequel doesnt have to pick right up. none of the die hards did.
    They sure weren't twenty years later, in the dead universe anyway.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    They sure weren't twenty years later, in the dead universe anyway.

day and land are pretty close to 20 years apart if not just over 20

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    here is a short trailer for black santa's revenge

possible greatest tagline ever:
    merry christmas you naughty motherfu..ers

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_8900.html

this is the myspace page for the film. it says that the DVD should be available for order at the end of nov/early dec.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=150493575
    Dear God!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Devil's Rejects is a great psychological thriller. I actually dig it alot. This Black Santa's Revenge looks completely ****ing stupid and horrible. Everyone is now trying to make Grindhouse flicks, like it means something to copycat what Rodriguez and Tarantino did. Grindhouse films have had very little resurrection, even with the Grindhouse flick because people just don't like low budget films. a Majority of people will not sit through something that looks subpar to what is available at the local cinema, it is a sad fact.

Now on topic, I had always wished there was a follow up to each of the Dead films so you knew what happened to each character. Did Fran and Peter make it, did they become lover's? Did Sarah hook up with John or McDermott? Are they still alive? Since seeing those films I have ran through 100's off different scenarios in my head and to be honest I want Romero to provide some closure dammit.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    day and land are pretty close to 20 years apart if not just over 20
    If you mean the series universe, then when did this happen was there a theory I missed? I always though Day-Land was about 2 years and maybe several months...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If you mean the series universe, then when did this happen was there a theory I missed? I always though Day-Land was about 2 years and maybe several months...

They're not direct sequels, people!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Dear God!

you know are you are going to get a copy at first chance. fess up now.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."