Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 3 Webisodes - Starting Oct 1st

Super Moderator

UK
    I've got all the episodes now (hat-tip to Cykotic ), so I'm ready to watch - will report back when I have.

Also, FYI, they're up on YouTube (albeit in rather low quality).

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, just watched the episodes, and I enjoyed them very much.

A couple of gripes:

The locker belonging to Rick is a bit coincidental, plus it doesn't make sense that he's got photo albums in storage, especially when Lori saved the albums in season one from their house. It's nice to have connections to the main story, but it did feel a bit contrived.

Chase getting shot - initially I thought he was dead, but the old "oh he just winged him" thing came along and that was a bit weak. If he'd been shot more convincingly, or he had been moving more trying to dodge the bullet in a panic, then that would have sold that moment better.

On the other hand, some rather good stuff in there too:

The guy running the storage place was an interesting character, darkly comic at times, but also as revealed, a total nutjob. The reveal of Cerena Vincent's character as having been captured as a sex slave was chilling and quite disturbing, which reminds me that we're going to be approaching some extraordinarily dark content in the new season of TWD - it'll be interesting to see how they handle it, and while here it was mostly suggestive, it was no-less disturbing to me. What did everyone else think?

Also - did I hear it right that another male worker was the one who captured her (the zombie that attacked Chase at the fuse box), and then BJ took over? If so, even grimmer!

Definitely better than last year's webisodes (which were still decent). I felt the story held together better and was more concise, not to mention quite disturbing and grim. The allusions to Dawn, both implicit and explicit, were very enjoyable too. Finally, there was some spiffing gore moments, and - without spoiling - the little twist at the end was deliciously dark.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Oct-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    Thanks a lot for that! Unbelievable us folks in Europe don't even get these webisodes as extras on regular DVD/Blu-ray releases over here.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Hi,
    Could somebody put the link to the you tube new webisodes, or even better put them on here. I can not find them on utube and I llive in the UK so can not watch the amc ones.
    Thanks in advance

England
    Also - did I hear it right that another male worker was the one who captured her (the zombie that attacked Chase atDefinitely better than last year's webisodes (which were still decent). I felt the story held together better and was more concise, not to mention quite disturbing and grim. The allusions to Dawn, both implicit and explicit, were very enjoyable too. Finally, there was some spiffing gore moments, and - without spoiling - the little twist at the end was deliciously dark.
    I couldn't help but think that last shot was a teaser for whats to come involving the Governor
    Last edited by kidgloves; 02-Oct-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: stuff
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I couldn't help but think that last shot was a teaser for whats to come involving the Governor
    A very good point! I hadn't made that connection - nicely pointed out, good Sir!

@kev - looks like the videos have been removed from YouTube unfortunately.

They should hopefully still be on that spoilerTV link Cykotic provided.

Dead

United States
    That's weird that they region lock the videos like that. Probably some stupid ass legal issue. You'd think though that they'd at least include them on the DVD. There has to be some sort of official solution to that possible. besides just the spoilerTV service.

- - - Updated - - -

Just trying something here.

Chrome disabled all the video downloaders except 1, and all sites seem to block that 1.
    Technically, screen capture software could be used to capture the raw video. Then uploaded for a short time to something like a shared google drive would make them available to download.
    It burns me up when information is blocked to certain people!!

I figured out how to download the videos. They use the "BrightCove Media Player" on AMC's site, not standard flash player. So if you have or can get the "Replay Media catcher" app, you can use it to download the stream from-
    http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1870916755001&linkBaseURL=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-walking-dead%2Fvideos%2Fwebisode-1-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-hide-and-seek&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyC bQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=t rue
    http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1870909801001&linkBaseURL=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-walking-dead%2Fvideos%2Fwebisode-2-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-keys-to-the-kingdom&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAA uyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=t rue
    http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1870909799001&linkBaseURL=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-walking-dead%2Fvideos%2Fwebisode-3-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-the-chosen-ones&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyC bQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=t rue
    http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1870912213001&linkBaseURL=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-walking-dead%2Fvideos%2Fwebisode-4-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-parting-shots&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuy CbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=t rue
    The app doesn't run on Linux so I can't do it.

http://applian.com/download-videos/
    Last edited by babomb; 02-Oct-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: ..

Administrator

England
    Guys guys guys....

Search google for "proxy" and connect to amc's website through one. Voila, Walking dead webisodes for UK'ers.

Administrator

England
    Webisode 1
    At the scene where the two of them come to a corner and find the bag with stuff in (playboy mags/ashes), WHY do we still get the tired old mistakes of:-
    1) People making loads of noise with no concern about their own well being - He's shouting out FFS!
    2) People not bothering to look - He's turned his back to the alley, and never looks behind him?
    3) Teleporting zombies - AGAIN?? Half a dozen ninja zombies appear from no where.

But enjoyed it!

Webisode 2
    Simple! Nice!

But what happened to the door that had been smashed open?

Webisode 3 & 4
    Nice!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Webisode 1
    At the scene where the two of them come to a corner and find the bag with stuff in (playboy mags/ashes), WHY do we still get the tired old mistakes of:-
    1) People making loads of noise with no concern about their own well being - He's shouting out FFS!
    2) People not bothering to look - He's turned his back to the alley, and never looks behind him?
    3) Teleporting zombies - AGAIN?? Half a dozen ninja zombies appear from no where.

But enjoyed it!

Webisode 2
    Simple! Nice!

But what happened to the door that had been smashed open?

Webisode 3 & 4
    Nice!
    Valid issues with the first episode there. I'd forgotten about those, but yeah, I remembering thinking to myself "dude, shut up, there be zombies around!", and of course the staging where they seem to suddenly appear is a cheat that needs to be significantly improved. I'd forgotten about the door too - good point - what did happen to that door? I assume they sealed it up somehow, but even still, a little sentence confirming that would be nice.

Dead

United States
    Not to mention that the machete used to open that door sustained no significant damage and was used successfully later in the episodes.
    When a prop breaks during a scene like that, they should consider it to be part of the reality of the situation. That's what would really happen in that situation. So don't just replace the prop, retire the tool entirely...

Administrator

England
    The thing is the beginning of the first webisode instilled me with some hope for realism and continuity:-
    - As they run off the roof, he picks his bag up. In the next shot - an interior shot - he's then putting the bag onto his back. ie: They've been careful to continue the continuity of the screen.
    - As they go down the alley, the two them are a safe distance apart and walking along a fence (rather than dark doors/windows) and looking for zombies. All feels genuine etc.

But it's little reality break downs that let the illusion fail a bit unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

A couple of gripes:

The locker belonging to Rick is a bit coincidental, plus it doesn't make sense that he's got photo albums in storage, especially when Lori saved the albums in season one from their house. It's nice to have connections to the main story, but it did feel a bit contrived.
    More interesting if it was Shane's stuff? And he had a few photos of Lori?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    More interesting if it was Shane's stuff? And he had a few photos of Lori?
    ^^^

Yes! THAT! That would have been more interesting, and would have made more sense. Good idea.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ^^^

Yes! THAT! That would have been more interesting, and would have made more sense. Good idea.
    Yey! 10 points for me!

Is that the end of the webisodes? Or are we expecting some more?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Whose to say the locker belongs to Rick. Its probably more likely that Shane set it up to store the Grimes personal belongings when the shit went down and they decided they had to leave. It makes Shanes death all the more sad.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Whose to say the locker belongs to Rick. Its probably more likely that Shane set it up to store the Grimes personal belongings when the shit went down and they decided they had to leave. It makes Shanes death all the more sad.
    I like that theory.

I like these webisodes. Fun and lots of cool little details.

Nice to see Cerena Vincent pop up too.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."