Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Urban Adventures

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I see what you're saying, but I think spelunking is just exploring caves. This is what a search for spelunking turned up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelunking

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I think spelunking is just exploring caves. This is what a search for spelunking turned up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelunking
    Ahh... my bad. I thought the word was onomatopoeic, you know, like the sound it would make when you jumped into a deep pool inside a small space - spe-LUNK. Guess not, though.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    A common enough misconception. No worries, I made that mistake myself a couple years back. Awesome locale, though. Envious. I. Am.

Super Moderator

UK
    Great pics then kraken, those would be ideal locations for something horror-related.

United States
    That is awesome man. How old is that damn tunnel. At the beginning of your vid you showed what appeared to be years and years of sedintary deposit buildup. Formations like that take a long damn time to build up.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Cool video! Abandoned structures, towns, etc. fascinate me.
    Last edited by Publius; 19-Jun-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    A common enough misconception. No worries, I made that mistake myself a couple years back. Awesome locale, though. Envious. I. Am.
    Where do you live Blind? Surely, there must be some creepy old abandoned structures near you? There always are, you just have to look hard for them. Find a couple of brave friends, a flashlight, and BINGO, you're an urban explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Cool video! Abandoned structures, towns, etc. fascinate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Great pics then kraken, those would be ideal locations for something horror-related.
    Exactly, part of the charm of these place is that they make you feel like you're in a 1980s sci-fi horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    That is awesome man. How old is that damn tunnel. At the beginning of your vid you showed what appeared to be years and years of sedintary deposit buildup. Formations like that take a long damn time to build up.
    These rail lines were phased out over the 1950s and closed down during the early 1960s, during the modernisation of the transit system in the city. They were built in Victorian times, so the tunnels have been abandoned for about the same length of time as they were in use. Those limestone formations probably started building up before the line was closed, though.

I was really tempted to snap off one of those mini-stalactites, but I would feel guilty because they must have taken soooo long to develop.

Undisclosed
    I was exploring my yard when I came across this hidden away under a structure that appeared to be an out house.

The sign on the Hatch says...Do you believe in the hereafter...

Then a 2x4 ladder goes down into the darkness about 15-20 feet...

It was an old oil tank, about 30 feet long and 15 feet tall, buried in my yard in preparation for the Nuclear War!

Here are the instructions for what to do when the attack comes...

And here is a look inside, You can't see this well but the cameras flash really lit it up good.

Talk about an adventure! I am just glad there was no Apple computer ion there with a guy pressing button every so many minutes (sorry Lost enthusiasts I forgot how many minutes)

Scotland
    You found that in you YARD!?!?

Can I come and live down there when the zombies come?
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 19-Jun-2009 at 08:27 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's awesome...

Is that an enormous rat on the left side of the picture?

United States
    Freaking creepy stuff, that shelter!

Out of curiosity, what do the instructions say? Bit hard to read that from the photo.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    I really need to go back down and transcribe the instructions...but they say something like this...

1- camouflage the exterior of building
    2- power up the generators...

thats about all I can remember...

My yard is 55 acres so there are places I have not seen...and the whole place was set up for when the bombs fall...the guy had video cameras in that shelter so he could watch the driveway...strange stuff.

Plus the house is set up to withstand just about anything...you are able to shut off the lower level from the upper level with these huge doors that have medieval style cross bars with areas for a padlock...kooky.

The place is amazing!...oh almost forgot the false floor that hid the shelter had alarm sensors attached so someone could tell if it was being messed with.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I was exploring my yard when I came across this hidden away under a structure that appeared to be an out house...
    That is some FREAKY shit.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I really need to go back down and transcribe the instructions...but they say something like this...

1- camouflage the exterior of building
    2- power up the generators...

thats about all I can remember...

My yard is 55 acres so there are places I have not seen...and the whole place was set up for when the bombs fall...the guy had video cameras in that shelter so he could watch the driveway...strange stuff.

Plus the house is set up to withstand just about anything...you are able to shut off the lower level from the upper level with these huge doors that have medieval style cross bars with areas for a padlock...kooky.

The place is amazing!...oh almost forgot the false floor that hid the shelter had alarm sensors attached so someone could tell if it was being messed with.
    Bloody nora - that's a find and a half. Sounds like a kick ass house to live in when the zombies come as well!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here are a couple of videos I've filmed of some abandoned places that I've recently discovered. Sorry for the handheld-shakiness; these were shot before I got my stabilizer.