Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices, Then & now!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    But 3.30 dollars a gallon is still DAMN CHEAP. I don't see why you're even complaining?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cheap?

What fuc-king fantasy island are you living on?

If I only had to buy gas I wouldn't care...

Rent $1,200
    Car Payment With Insurance $600
    Electric Bill $60
    Phone $30
    Cable TV and Internet $120
    Monthly Food Bill $300-$350 a month
    Misc Bills $100

If I didn't have rent and everything else I wouldn't give a damn. But when you only take home $3400 a month and are shelling out $2400 a month. It frigging hurts.

No one ever takes in to account all the other bills that add up. Out of my $1,000 a month left I have to shell out $250 in Gas... Screw that!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What fuc-king fantasy island are you living on?

It's called Earth. Tellus. This 'ere planet, old boy! 3.30 US Dollars per gallon is walking on sunshine for the rest of us! Yet, we manage. Jesus, what I wouldn't give to have to pay 3.30 dollars per gallon for my gas, but instead I have to pay 6.00 US dollars if not more!

You've got a great deal, so stop complaining about it. Rather, let the europeans forth. We have a right to complain!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys make a better living wage then we do in the US. So quit your bitching.

How would you like to make Minimum Wage, like most of the Immigrants do, or school kids do and have to shell out $3.30 a gallon. Plus YOUR gas is more costly because of the insane amount of taxes YOUR government puts on YOUR gas.

I make over $50,000 a year and I still can't make the almighty dollar stretch. So before you start bitching about $6.00 make sure you count all the other stuff us Americans have to shell out for besides our gas. I feel your pain... but don't down play our gas prices because you're paying more. Contact your elected officials and start bitching.

If you sit and say nothing you will continue to be gouged at the pump. You cry cry cry about what you pay, but I bet not once did you pick up the phone to complain to your elected officials about it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Lord Howe Island

waaa, waaa....

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Wow, you people who have to play almost 4 dollars for your gallon of gas? That's so... CHEAP! We pay almost double that, damnit.
    Who cares? We are a society that is based almost totally on the ability to travel cheaply-- when and where we want to.

We start wars for gas and oil.....

We kept the Soviets out of western Europe...

We won WWII...

We have walked on the moon....

Elvis the King is from the US...

GIVE ME CEAP FN GASOLINE--- RIGHT FN NOW!!!!

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Surely by now you know me well enough to know I despise the Labour government that has been systematically f*cking Britain in the ass for 9 years. I wasn't getting into the deep workings of corporate business, I was commenting on how annoying us Brits find it when Americans in general moan about fuel prices that are lower than what we get on a good day.

I did say many other nations are the same way - which includes Britain.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like I told someone else, you guys make a higher living wage than we do.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Which is worthless because we're taxed to death by Labour. Besides, Britain is far smaller than America ... kinda hard to compare I feel. Everything is far too expensive here, £20 for a DVD, £15 for a CD, £1 a litre for fuel, property prices are through the roof - there's people over 30 who at best live in rented, at worst they're still living with their parents as they can't get on the property ladder. Inheritence tax is 40% after £285,000 (ish) - a four bedroom family home costs at least that, often more.

The British cost of living/economy/way of life is destroyed ... thank Bliar-Bliar-Pants-On-Fire and Darth Brown for that ... their underlings have done their fair share too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Which is worthless because we're taxed to death by Labour. Besides, Britain is far smaller than America ... kinda hard to compare I feel.
    The British cost of living/economy/way of life is destroyed ... thank Bliar-Bliar-Pants-On-Fire and Darth Brown for that ... their underlings have done their fair share too.
    Everything is far too expensive here:

£20 for a DVD... $19.99 in the USA
    £15 for a CD Anywhere from $13.99 to $21.99 in the USA
    £1 a litre for fuel. 3.97 = 1 gallon correct? For you're paying 4 pounds per gallon
    Property prices are through the roof - there's people over 30 who at best live in rented, at worst they're still living with their parents as they can't get on the property ladder. Inheritence tax is 40% after £285,000 (ish) - a four bedroom family home costs at least that, often more.

A 2 bedroom Condo (1 floor apartment) in my area is $250,000.00
    A 2 bedroom Townhouse with no yard or garage is $300,000
    A 2 bedroom house Single family 1/2 acre of land = $400,000

You act like you're more affected by tax and cost of living. You're not! So quit your bitching.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    totally true, everything in britain is WAY more expesive than america, thats why importings so successful.
    most shops sold advent children for £20-£25 ,well that said i got it at asda for £10 -but lets say asda doesnt exist very few cds are worth the price, ehres an example.

two HIM albums

dark light =£12.99 ,10 songs
    and love said no =£10 ,21 songs

and one season of scrubs costs £25 in whsmiths wereas a collection of 10 video nastys is only £10.

and dont get me started on the global rip-off that is HMV, 20 for anime just because its in the world cinema section?!?!?!, thats bollocks when all the music zone stores sell the same for £9.99.

phew.

rant done.

.......y'know i reading my post and the last, i really am turning into minion zombies sidekick,lol.

but what do you call a minions, minions?

now thats a pencil scratcher.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    You guys make a better living wage then we do in the US. So quit your bitching.
    Pure bull****. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, you think the US is the only place where money runs dry and where nobody has a job? Your entire argument is based on one big false generalization!

School kids shouldn't be driving, period. Students should get a job, and if not, learn to live without the car (like we do here). Otherwise, cut down on the car in general instead of upping the whining. You've got nothing to complain about, seeing as the rest of the world is alot worse off when it comes to this issue.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hmmm... hes got a good point.

Lord Howe Island

Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Pure bull****. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, you think the US is the only place where money runs dry and where nobody has a job? Your entire argument is based on one big false generalization!

School kids shouldn't be driving, period. Students should get a job, and if not, learn to live without the car (like we do here). Otherwise, cut down on the car in general instead of upping the whining. You've got nothing to complain about, seeing as the rest of the world is alot worse off when it comes to this issue.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

we got the bomb...and we've used it.. TWICE.

Give us cheap gas--
    I work like a slave in august-- 60-70 hours a week for about $60k a year before taxes.

After my house payment, auto payment, fn insurance-car and health, child support, daycare,other bills bills, medical bills, prescriptions, and the whatnot, it now costs me about $70 to fill up my tank-- I sometimes have to fill up twice a week. Public transportation is crap here.... If we had a decent train system or buses, I would use them, but we don't.

My money is more than a lot make, but it still runs dry, real quick. I haven't had the money for any vacation in several years-- burn out leads to less money in all senses...
    My wife even travels to India several times a year on business and to get medicine...

When the petroleum companies make record PROFITS, there is ZERO reason to pay $3+ per gallon.... It aint fn right!

Last edited by tju1973; 01-May-2006 at 06:49 PM.
    War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Hogwash!

Drill in the Alaskan Wildlife... What do I care! I am just p*ssed these gas companies post profits of 9 billion a 1/4 and we pay $3.30 a gallon at the pump. It is bull and you all know it. To make a comment about our government needing a huge boot up the bumble is arrogant and uncalled for. What about your government wanting to charge a per mileage tax?

Does anyone read the news? GM & FORD are beginning to offer Ethanol Cars and truck as early as 2007. In Maryland we are building some Ethanol filling stations within the next 12 months. We are on the right track. Don't ever comment about America when your own country taxes you to death, but you stand by and act so innocent. England and the UK are no better.

That was the biggest crock of the pot calling the kettle black.

I may hate my president but I love my country. Take a good look at your policies and future before commenting on ours.

Making a statement like Americans
    I think the issue is "you" complain about the price of your "gas" (it's a liquid for Gods sake ) when infact it's incredibly cheap (compared to many other places), and ontop of this still produce some of the innefficient vehicles around...

It will be interesting to see how your "ethanol" alternative works out, especially as - if I recall correctly - some of the plants producing it in the US pump out considerable amounts of co2 therefore questioning any gains... Anyway, fingers crossed... Richard Branson has thrown a lot of money in the direction of this alternative, so I suspect it can work then!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by tju1973
    -----------------------------------------------------------

we got the bomb...and we've used it.. TWICE.
    Get a cheaper car or start walking more. Problem solved!