Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Humanity extinct in the next century?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys are incouragable.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

U MAD? MAYBE WE ALL MAD?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Yeah its going to hell in a hand basket

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    With one little post I brought this muvva fucka doooown.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post

You and Arcades are actually two of my most favorite posters here, it's a shame that the two of you don't post more often. Now maybe the left-leaning folk will come after me with the Rhodes award in December for having similar views to you.

j.p.
    I come from a different perspective, thxleo and Arcades both seem like decent enough guys to have calm conversation with, but don't always seem interested in it. They often do drive by posting to rile people up for their own reasons.

DJ does the same thing, but--from what I've seen, anyway--usually only with people he doesn't like and will not go to the trouble to start a thread for the express purpose of pissing people off with hot button zero sum premises/arguments (to my knowledge). Now, as far as the rest of us are concerned, most of us will get a little raw at some point when we think everyone else in a thread is oblivious to the practical matters on the 'other side of the coin' in a given argument. Pretty natural.

With regards to Arcades, he has always seemed to me to be a contrarian reactionary who definitely likes to shake things up in favor of a world view that he is more comfortable with; a traditional world view he perceives as being questioned in a frivolous fashion. For some time I have felt you are like him in certain respects, JP, but you seem to be not as pissed off and are way more open to conversation--you've definitely not given up on dialog with people of opposing viewpoints.

Anyway, shaking things up amongst those we disagree with is fine to an extent, we all do it. I, for example, have no patience for polarized (left/right debates or partisanship, though I often poke fun at various camps), but generally I prefer people do things to foster conversation with those they disagree with, as opposed to just sticking a thumb in their eye.

No big deal, really. It's just when it becomes the regular behavior of a person, and they don't seem interested in conversation but instead they just soak up hostility like it's the only reason they're here, well that makes me wary.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Incorrigible?
    Oh, so that's how you spell it? LMAO!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm the worst speller I know deej.

Ironic since my profession includes the use of so much grammar.

All i can say is thank god for spell check.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

That's gold dude !

Ima borrow that if you don't mind.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Its like political satire newspaper comics for the internet!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    If this is regular hpotd brett must have done something pretty fucking bad for his ban....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    If this is regular hpotd brett must have done something pretty fucking bad for his ban....
    Quote of the year. That's signature worthy shit right there...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK