Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Evolution is bollocks.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Coelacanth is android!
    I defy anyone to know what I'm talking about there.
    But yeah, that is interesting... you know what? I really don't think it matters all that much, whether evolution is real or not. I mean, it's not like it'll change the way the world works if we discover that every creature stemmed from one tiny organism, or whatever. So yeah, why do people get so upset about it?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It's the science of lack therof that is the issue, these young earth creationists tend to twist or destroy established facts to come to conclusions and have no evidence.
    For example:
    The Ica Stones featured carvings of modern technology, medical procedures and both dinosaurs and man coexisting, they were bought in South America and when the seller was arrested for selling national treasures he found in a unknown location he admitted they were faked, in fact studies shown they were created recently.
    The Paxuly footprints feature human and dinosaur footprints side by side in cretaceous rock in the first lot the human footprints bore no resemblence, the second lot was proven to be fake as the human tracks were sculpted into the rock.
    There have been cave paintings showing modern animals and dinosaurs in various sites around the world, yet these paintings show dinosaurs as they were believed to look in the nineteenth century and in cartoons where they are depicted holding their heads high and dragging their tails.
    When all this fails they turn to crap like Carbon dating is negated by the flood and that evolution is contradicted by the second law of thermodynamics, really just grasping at straws.

this picture allgegedly shows a Stegosaurus, it was found in a Cambodian temple and assumed to be so but on closer inspection you'll see no tail spikes and it's head features a horn, what they have drawn is likely a Indian Rhino or a chameleon.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 21-Oct-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Twitching

United States
    This issue bothers me,
    As a Christian and as someone with a mind I believe my deity wished me to have so that I might apprehend the nature of my existence, I find this new pseudo-scientific Creationism outright offensive and deceitful, where the old Creationism was merely out of touch with reality and obviously wrong.

First of all, there are FOURTEEN places in the bible where it is inarguable the text is describing a year or a day as highly variable in duration. One passage indicates that the biblical "day" in question is actually 1,000yrs long. I could go on and on about this, but anyone with sense can see the obvious implications there. Second, the Bible should be taken for what it actually theologically is. Ie: A guide to the establishment of a relationship with God via His Son Jesus, and a manual depicting the necessary actions, words, and beliefs to secure Salvation/The forgiveness of Sin and in essence reconciling one with God. Over and over in passages left dusty and unused because they do not serve Biblical Literalist agendas it is intimated, implied and even stated that this is the real purpose of the document collection that is the Bible. God intended it to be a Manual on Attaining Spiritual Salvation, NOT a step-by-step blueprint of how Creation was brought into being by God. Lastly, I find it beyond offensive when adults use childhood against children to condition them to think/perceive in ways that will cause them no end of trouble in later life.

Amusingly enough, many fundamentalists would identify me as an Apostate for what I just said.

In the end, people like those tour-givers make me mad because they besmirch the credibility of my faith as a viable spiritual path to God. Lies never got anyone closer to any God worthy of worship.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    It's the science of lack therof that is the issue, these young earth creationists tend to twist or destroy established facts to come to conclusions and have no evidence.
    For example:
    The Ica Stones featured carvings of modern technology, medical procedures and both dinosaurs and man coexisting, they were bought in South America and when the seller was arrested for selling national treasures he found in a unknown location he admitted they were faked, in fact studies shown they were created recently.
    The Paxuly footprints feature human and dinosaur footprints side by side in cretaceous rock in the first lot the human footprints bore no resemblence, the second lot was proven to be fake as the human tracks were sculpted into the rock.
    There have been cave paintings showing modern animals and dinosaurs in various sites around the world, yet these paintings show dinosaurs as they were believed to look in the nineteenth century and in cartoons where they are depicted holding their heads high and dragging their tails.
    When all this fails they turn to crap like Carbon dating is negated by the flood and that evolution is contradicted by the second law of thermodynamics, really just grasping at straws.
    one the biggest pack of lies from the "intelligent design" crowd is that there has never been an animal discovered at a mid-point (or showing the characteristics of its ancestral species) in evolution. this is utterly and completely untrue.

one need look no farther than archaeopteryx to show that this assertion is utter bullshit. the earliest birds show the features of both modern avians and dinosaurs. the earliest mammals have features of both mammals and, you guessed it, reptiles. even in our own genus (homo) there are speices, particularly homo ergaster (which is, in fact, considered a chronospecies), that show a clear evolutionary path to the next.
    Last edited by Mike70; 22-Oct-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: add
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    The attitude of most Evangelicals/"Jesus Freaks" is frighteningly similar to the very Pharasees that martyred Jesus of Nazareth.

If someone came around today with the same message of Love, Peace and Tolerance, and got a large enough following, these folks would be screaming for his head...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    The attitude of most Evangelicals/"Jesus Freaks" is frighteningly similar to the very Pharasees that martyred Jesus of Nazareth.

If someone came around today with the same message of Love, Peace and Tolerance, and got a large enough following, these folks would be screaming for his head...

Oh, come on? How was I not supposed to post something like that?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    If it's photoshop you want, Aces...

Super Moderator

United States

I'll grant you, that is a true classic!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

that is, without a doubt, an instant classic.

bravo.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    if evolution is real, then someone explain to me why pigeons can't swim?

Exactly.
    Really, man? That's like asking why humans can't breath under water. Or how come fish don't have wings to fly?

The answer to your question is simple: they don't need to swim. Evolution is about adaptation. If you keep pigeons in a small area, that consists of 95% water, over a period (a long, long, LONG period) you'd likely find the descendents of the first pigeons would be able to swim.

England
    Pretty sure that plenty of birds that live around the sea can swim actually. So, birds that rely on water have "evolved" basic swimming capability...and what about ducks and stuff...they live on the friggin' water.

A small local child was actually saved from drowning by ducks recently.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    don't tease us like this. details, details i say!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Why were ducks trying to drown a child?

Ducks are mean...

Super Moderator

United States
    Why were ducks trying to drown a child?

Ducks are mean...

PS--Ducks are not nearly as evil as geese, fucking hiss-monster, pieces of crap.

England
    Sorry folks, the "duck saves drowning child" story was a complete fabrication on my part - I just thought it sounded cool.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon