Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the marrieds...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    That was so wonderful Mo hope ya find her

Mj, don't go spouting that line again. I thought we swore it off. I know you've been dying to spring it on someone.lol

United States
    Hey just because i'm a lost cause doesn't mean everyone ought to be! He's so optimistic I think its wonderful he's going to find what he wants.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    life obviously hasn't scarred him yet. In time, in time. Unfortunately. I thappens to all of us sooner or later.

Canada
    lol, nice....yay for optimism

it's true tho...

i've been through my share of rough times. The reason i'm so adament about staying away from drugs and booze is because it almsot killed me several times, and i was big time into that junk.

I know rough spots lay ahead..no one is prepared for them, but anyone who thinks they will not ever happen is a fool.

United States
    well thats not true...

I think he's gonna be just fine i'm sure he's had more than his fair share of when life blows but he's obviously got a strong resolve and thats wonderful
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 16-Jun-2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Super Moderator

Germany
    You folks are goofy, but more to the point...

You only marry someone you want to start a family with. Period. The necessity of marriage (or common law marriage or committed relationship) is centered around family. Although some marriages are total disasters, by and far, the best household to raise children in are ones with two parents in a committed relationship living together.

Many social scientists have performed studies of single parent families and have come to common conclusions:

Children of single parent homes:
    • Are less likely to attain qualifications (Diplomas, Certificates, and Degrees)
    • Are more likely to experience unemployment
    • Are more likely to have low incomes
    • Are more likely be on income support
    • Are more likely to experience homelessness
    • Are more likely to be caught offending and go to jail
    • Are more likely to suffer from long term emotional and psychological problems
    • Are more likely to develop health problems
    • Tend to enter partnerships earlier and more often as a cohabitation
    • Are more likely to divorce or dissolve their cohabiting unions
    • Are more likely to have children outside marriage or outside any partnership
    In our culture, as well as most of the world...the definition of a committed relationship is marriage. Why?

Marriage, much like real estate is a bundle of rights. When you marry you afford certain rights to each other for legal purposes...to preserve and protect the family. To make desertion harder (although not impossible) when there are children involved.

Married spouses have rights that are akin to power of attorney in medical and economic decisions. My wife is entitled to make medical decisions for me if I am incapacitated, she is entitled to my social security benefits should I die, she is entitled to receive social security on behalf of my daughter should I die, she is entitled to survivorship of my pension should I die. She automatically is entitled to every portion of my estate upon my death. It is smarter to be married if you truly care for your spouse and family since these rights help the surviving spouse and children.

Even those who are in unmarried committed relationships that actually take the time to draw up very specific and detailed wills cannot imitate the level of security afforded a married spouse. This is why gay people are up in arms about gay marriage and states have instituted civil unions.

Now given all that. If you have any doubts about getting married with someone, don't. Also don't have children with them either. If you are not committed enough to get married (with all of its associated legal benefits) then should you really be having children with that person? It is essentially mismanagement of risk no matter how you cut it.

For those folks who do not want or cannot have children, as far as I am concerned.... live in sin. Sin is fun. We all know it. I lived in sin for many years, and I loved it!

And for those who always shoot their mouth off about hating kids and not wanting to have them...too few of you are doing the most logical thing...getting sterilized.

The only people I believe do not want children are those with vasectomies or their tubes tied. The others are full of hot air or just plain stupid. Some may say the procedures are expensive... I guarantee having children on accident can be much, much more expensive.

Man, I need to get off of this soap box before I teeter off and hurt myself.

My opinions are only my own, and everyone is entitled to theirs. If any of my statements offend you because you think I am targeting you, I am not. Every point I have made came from specific conversations I have had with people I know personally.

I am not religious in any way. I am agnostic. I don't believe in marriage because the holy poltergeist says it is right. Marriage as an institution that predates organized religion.

My commitment to children stems from instinct, the example my parents set for me, and the travesty of broken homes I have seen with my siblings with the associated impact on their children.

United States
    being goofy is great... it beats being mickey wtf is with those ears man? and that high pitched voice? of course i'd prefer donald... he's got such a cute fanny... oh yes

you're genious...

I totally agree with the study notes you pointed out and have seen them in action quite often especially here in SC.

I also agree that its wrong for people who dont plan to marry to have children together but unfortunately women are stupid. They're having babies to try to force a man to be close to them. They're having them because they dont believe in abortion. They're having them because they dont use birth control religously. Etc. Its an epidemic IMO.

As for those who dont want children its actually hard to get sterilized depending on your age. I pursued that option when I was 19 and was unable to find a competent doctor I knew who was willing to perform such on me because he feels I may well end up changing my mind with age. They tell me that I'll have a hard time finding a good doctor I know willing to do such until i'm at the very least 30. I think the government ought to offer some kind of loan to women who want to be sterilized or some sort of tax exemption. It may end up saving them money some day. While I dont paticularly like children however I will adopt one or two if I get married. There's so many children in the world who come from bad homes they deserve to have a good life.

I think a great detriment to society is broken homes and there's a pattern I find in women especially who have children while they aren't married to men who never marry them or marry them because they have children. And its cyclical. Their children will do the same... and so on and so forth... its like growing up in an abused home you're more likely to become an abuser whether its an alcohol addiction, drug addiction, smoking, abuse, sexual abuse, etc. I sure hope I'm not offending anyone with that because its not my intention its just what i've seen, and what i've read. Of course some people break the cycle and godspeed to them.

Super Moderator

Germany
    As for those who dont want children its actually hard to get sterilized depending on your age. I pursued that option when I was 19 and was unable to find a competent doctor I knew who was willing to perform such on me because he feels I may well end up changing my mind with age.
    Oh, I totally know why they wouldn't do it for you at 19. They are right that people change their minds...especially on this issue. Not everyone mind you, but an awful lot of people.

Many of my friends, however, do not want to have children. Mostly due to lifestyle changes they are unwilling to make that would be required to have children and/or fear of the incredible responsibility involved. It is too bad really. Whereas I totally believe you should avoid having children until you are ready, I think it would be pretty cool to see their genes passed on.

Undisclosed
    I only want children if I cant figure out a way to live "forever".....

I got a feeling though that by the time I give up on that dream Ill be to old to have children....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While I dont paticularly like children however I will adopt one or two if I get married. There's so many children in the world who come from bad homes they deserve to have a good life.
    Give it time. Like k said it's mind blowing to see your genes passed on. To see yourself in your children is like a blessing from god. Trust me everything that annoys you about kids won't seem bad when it's YOUR children that are doing it.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I only want children if I cant figure out a way to live "forever".....

I got a feeling though that by the time I give up on that dream Ill be to old to have children....

You won't figure it out, and you will most assuredly die. Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    You won't figure it out, and you will most assuredly die. Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock
    ...*Has a Panic attack*...

Your right!....I better freeze a whole bunch of my sperm and then sneak it into sperm donation clinics replacing all their stock with my sperm....so suddenly I have more children than Genghis Khan ever had ...muahaha!!

So that will be my saftey plan....

Brilliant, thanks for the advice Kaos.

Side note: This sounds like the plan of a retarded Lex Luther....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    I'd rather see my genes passed on my means of donating my eggs... the way god and reproductive centers would want it!

Undisclosed
    Isnt that the same thing as donating sperm.

Only I can donate far more sperm than you can donate eggs...newb!

Oh Kaos

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/inde...-longevity.xml

Theres better articles on there for anti aging related stuff but I just like this one part that this guy said...

Calorie restriction, endocrine link found
    CAMBRIDGE, Mass., June 14 (UPI) -- A U.S. study has found, for the first time, a link between longevity induced by calorie restriction and the endocrine system.

It's been long known dietary restriction extends lifespan and retards age-related disease in many species, although the phenomenon's underlying mechanisms remain a mystery.

Now Professor Leonard Guarente, postdoctoral associate Nicholas Bishop and colleagues at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have demonstrated a particular pair of neurons in the heads of underfed worms might play an essential role in their lengthy lives.

When the two neurons were killed by a laser beam, the worms could not enjoy the longevity normally associated with calorie restriction.

"This study directs our attention to the brain as a center for mediating the beneficial effects of calorie restriction in higher organisms, potentially including us," Guarente said. "A complete molecular understanding of calorie restriction may lead to new drugs for the major diseases of aging."

Guarente suggests it is only a matter of time before aging itself is declared a disease.

The latest research appeared in a recent issue of the journal Nature.

Copyright 2007 by United Press International. All Rights Reserved.
    Last edited by Terran; 16-Jun-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Oh, Terran: