Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contacting the man himself (GAR)

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    1060 West Addison
    Chicago, IL
    "1060 West Addison? That's Wrigley Field!!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Through his agent. That's why people who work in the movie business have agents - to filter the "legitimate" job offers and correspondence from the rest.

And who is his agent? Would anyone happen to have his contact information?

If your sources have him living in feces-ville or at a major ballpark... I am not interested.

United States
    Why not just wait until he is appearing at a fan convention?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    And who is his agent? Would anyone happen to have his contact information?

If your sources have him living in feces-ville or at a major ballpark... I am not interested.
    Lighten up man!

If you sign up for IMDB Pro you should be able to get contact details for the agents of pretty much anyone currently working in the business. There is, apparently, a two week free trial.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I find it kind of funny that you guys want to know his contact info but have yet to give a hint as to why. You think famous people give out their information like candy so that every fanboy out there can show up at their door step/fence and go..."ooohhhhh god, it is you. I....love...you...man."

As mentioned before, go to a convention or send something to be autographed. If you're wanting the info for documentaries, tv shows, and purposes like that.....HPotD is not the first place I would look.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    He's Rep'd by the Gersh Agency in LA.

HPotD is not the first place I would look.
    It's not the first place I looked either, but never hurts to cast a wide net.
    Last edited by DrSiN; 21-Jan-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSiN View Post
    He's Rep'd by the Gersh Agency in LA.

Uh oh.

TGA has a policy that neither it nor any of its agents or other employees shall accept or consider any unsolicited material, ideas or suggestions of any nature whatsoever ("Unsolicited Materials"). Accordingly, you may not use this website or information obtained there from to submit Unsolicited Materials to TGA via any means (including, without limitation, via mail, fax or e-mail). Should you nevertheless contravene this express prohibition by sending Unsolicited Materials to TGA, please be advised that the Unsolicited Materials will not be considered by anyone at TGA, and if possible they will be returned to you with no copies kept. Unsolicited Materials will not be forwarded to or discussed with any third parties.
    In theory, they should still pass on mail 'care of' their office to GAR's attention.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

HPotD is not exactly what I would call a "wide" net in this sort of circumstance. It's like masterbating to the View. It just won't work out.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Uh oh.
    In theory, they should still pass on mail 'care of' their office to GAR's attention.
    Not at all worried about that. I'm looking to setup a meeting with him to discuss a licensing deal. Very different than submitting a work.

HPotD is not exactly what I would call a "wide" net in this sort of circumstance.
    No, but people here have had contact with him before. It was my hope that someone has a good contact rather than calling the front-desk at his agency. I'm fine with calling the front-desk, it just takes longer.

United States
    Again, I have access to his address but refuse to give it out unless I know the reason behind the need to contact him. I asked for this, yet received no response.

EDIT: Sorry, I now see that you had already mentioned that you wanted to discuss a licensing deal - rendering my last post moot - but nevertheless his home address would not be appropriate for this particular issue. Gersh Agency would indeed be the proper channel to send this through, provided that you are inquiring about a property that GAR has control over. Licensing issues for DOTD 78, for example, need to be directed to Rubenstein, et al.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 21-Jan-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    home address would not be appropriate for this particular issue.
    I agree, that's why I didn't respond to you. I was more hoping that someone had his agent's email or at least his name, but I just contacted Gersh instead.

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, best of luck, good Doctor!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I'm looking to setup a meeting with him to discuss a licensing deal.
    CR Management

United States
    I find it kind of funny that you guys want to know his contact info but have yet to give a hint as to why.
    I say this with all due respect. I fail to see why anyone would HAVE to explain anything to you. If someone asks a question, you can decide if you want to give that knowledge out. If you don't you don't. No one HAS to tell you why they are asking for it, if you want to know and that is a deal changer for you then you can feel free to ask as someone did here in this case.

My reasons are my own, if you want to know ask and at that point I could of course make my own decision if I want to share that with you. Since i have not already, chances are I don't want to. Fair enough right?

Perhaps I have come into a sizable amount of money and I want to fund a project, and I would like to see if Mr. Romero is willing to sign on as a collaborator for a fair salary. Is that really your business? Can you think of reasons I wouldn't want to tell you? I can.

You think famous people give out their information like candy so that every fanboy out there can show up at their door step/fence and go..."ooohhhhh god, it is you. I....love...you...man."
    No in fact I don't think this, and yet famous people have contact information that is widely available to everyone. Some people have access to it, and some is easy to track down. In the case of Mr. Romero and his representatives a number of people have found this to be slightly more difficult for a number of reasons.

More over... do I strike you as a fan boy? I am not about to show up at anyone's door holding a sign I made with my moms lipstick in zombie make up telling "gar" I love him and want to birth his love child.

As mentioned before, go to a convention or send something to be autographed. If you're wanting the info for documentaries, tv shows, and purposes like that.....HPotD is not the first place I would look.
    That certainly is one option, and in that setting you are showing up as a fan, he is not in a business frame of mind. He is there on business already, committed to a course of action, and he would find it hard to listen to anyone discuss business of another venture. It is not the proper forum or setting at all. It would however be a great way to get him to sign my bub die cast action figure... which I do not own.

In business like all other things first opinions are key, and there is a proper way to handle all situations. If you had a business idea for me and you came to me while I was eating dinner with notes scribbled on napkins I would likely shrug you off. You could have the best idea in the world but it might never be heard because of how you approached me, where you approached me, or who was around at the time.

HPotD is not exactly what I would call a "wide" net in this sort of circumstance. It's like masterbating to the View. It just won't work out.
    Well... by itself it certainly is NOT a wide net. It would make up one piece of a "wide net" which was the point that was being made. Casting a wide net means trying to put as many feelers out there as possible. Low and behold the person who wanted contact information actually got something that satisfied them by coming here I would say including this site as part of their "wide net" yielded some fruit.

The view joke was REALLY funny by the way and I am totally stealing that.
    Last edited by Thorn; 22-Jan-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Scotland
    ^ Yeah, bassman, didn't you know? The internets is serious business!