Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Crazies Remake

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Play nice or dont play at all. children.
    Yes Andy, we pwomise we'll be wery good fwom now on!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    what the hell is getting everyone so pissed?
    I wasn't getting pissed dear hellsing, just stating facts.

Also, in regards to Breck Eisener directing this so-called remake, according to the mighty IMDb, he's also scheduled to remake The Creature From The Black Lagoon and Flash Gordon in the same year.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by S&Dproductions View Post

How so? Is the main characters not the same? Is it not almost shot for shot the same? Is the ending any different with the bonfire? No?

It is most certainly not the same "shot for shot". Sorry to disagree, but you are very incorrect about it being the same movie.

Psycho remake - now that is a different story, but Savini's NOLD remake is not of that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by S&Dproductions View Post
    Plus, fans didn't complain when he remade Night of the Living Dead.

Again, this is not true. Though I personally liked Savini's remake, many fans did not and in fact complained about the remake.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 10-Jul-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

England
    Savini's excellent remake is the only one we need.

Tony Todd made the Ben role his own, anybody else attemting to play this role will fail IMO.

Edit: Patricia Tallman's Barbara also rocked, she became a character we could actually give a damn about.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 10-Jul-2008 at 12:43 AM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Savini's excellent remake is the only one we need.

Tony Todd made the Ben role his own, anybody else attemting to play this role will fail IMO.

Edit: Patricia Tallman's Barbara also rocked, she became a character we could actually give a damn about.
    Yojimbo agrees with Legion 100%, and also adds that the new Harry Cooper also rocked, though Hardman will always rule that role.

For the original poster, this would not be the first time that IMDB steered someone wrong with bad information, and apparently will not be the last.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    For the original poster, this would not be the first time that IMDB steered someone wrong with bad information, and apparently will not be the last.
    That was all I was stating in the first place (albeit in a bit of a cocky fashion). Thank you Yojimbo for stating facts also.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    That was all I was stating in the first place (albeit in a bit of a cocky fashion). Thank you Yojimbo for stating facts also.
    I knew what you were saying with your posts, Cap, and am certain you meant nothing by them other than what you wrote.

S&D, we might all have different opinions about stuff, but in the end, Cap really is a good guy. One of the things that I have found here at HPOTD is that the posters here are by and large pretty intelligent and open to being cool towards each other even when we vehemently disagree about issues. I have been to other boards where folks took each and every post as a personal attack, and you usually don't find that here with the zombie freaks.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    oh my god how did this thread also turn into a flame-fest?

Christ.

George gets automatic writing credits for the remake because he wrote the original. As for exec producer, I doubt that's true. Don't forget that ****ty film company own the rights to all Romero's non-zed movies so if anyone does it, it'll be them.

Undisclosed
    GAR's involved and supposidly producer. How is that basterdised? Plus, fans didn't complain when he remade Night of the Living Dead.
    Eh, its a bit different when the original director and co writter does something against vs a new group of people. Night was a mess with the copyright thing so they wanted to get some money from it, Tom Savini directed it and Romero did alot of the rest of the producing and writting. So it was a remake but stayed very true to the original and since so many of the original folks were involved it was a remake less blasphemous. Not to mention it turned out well.

I think the Crazies could use a remake if any Romero film ever did. I felt it had great build in the movie but it led no where. I was a bit put off by that. I liked the original but I think it could have been more than what it was. Although with a remake things rarely improve on the original, although it is not unheard of (Thing, Blob and so on)

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bd2999 View Post
    I think the Crazies could use a remake if any Romero film ever did. I felt it had great build in the movie but it led no where.
    Now that I can agree with but...

Although with a remake things rarely improve on the original
    Smack. Bang. On.

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Also, in regards to Breck Eisener directing this so-called remake, according to the mighty IMDb, he's also scheduled to remake The Creature From The Black Lagoon and Flash Gordon in the same year.
    I really hate to quote myself but doesn't this scare anyone? Talk about a remakes director doing remakes from remakesville. Do we even need a Creature From The Black Lagoon remake?

About as much as we need a Day The Earth Stood Still remake - you know it's gonna be s**t!

Undisclosed
    I think the Crazies could use a remake if any Romero film ever did.
    I enjoyed the original but these remakes are getting

As for the possibility of a Crazies remake - another quality film like the Day of the Dead remake?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    As for the possibility of a Crazies remake - another quality film like the Day of the Dead remake?
    is taurus ent involved? i don't think they did the day remake, though they are responsible for the travesties of creepshow 3 and craptagium.

what an apt name - taurus, their movies are nothing but celluloid bullsH8t.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    I'm pretty sure Romero is involved, or at least was last time this was being talked about a few years ago. Taurus have nothing to do with this, it is coming from Rogue Pictures (Universal) so there should be a good shot at quality.

Taurus were involved with the Dead Remake but obviously did not make it themselves, that was down to Millenium. As far as I can tell they own certain Laurel properties which are most likely now tapped out, with Rubinstein holding the rest.
    Last edited by aga; 23-Jul-2008 at 03:10 AM.

United States
    I think the Crazies could use a remake.As long as it's done right.

Undisclosed
    Crazies Remake is filming in Iowa.

http://www.radioiowa.com/gestalt/go....033AD7DED897C0

United States
    Hmmmmm. . very interesting. The Crazies was a movie that had a lot of potential but ultimately failed (imo) due to budget and a few other issues. I like the movie. . But I really see more what it could have been whenever I see it. Hopefully a remake could realize that. . of course. . then again. . it could suck balls.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."