Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 good thing about Dawn remake

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Well I figured I'd get about 5 seconds before someone pointed that out. And you're absolutely right. That particular decision smells of trying to push the plot forward prematurely and I questioned the character's actions in jumping to that plan.

But think it through. It's incredibly short-sighted to believe they would've been able to stay in the mall indefinitely. At some point, whether it be days or weeks or months down the road, that conversation has to happen. And if you have any plans to leave you'd darned well better get the move on before the power goes out because that A-Team moment they had wouldn't exist without electricity.

Like about everyone else I wish they would've more properly addressed their options and perhaps at least mentioned something about their food and water supplies, but ultimately I don't think it really mattered. I think they were destined to leave.
    yeah, I was only joshing really - they had to leave otherwise it would've been boring and there's no way in hell a biker gang could've dealt with those running zombies, so something "exciting" needed to happen at the end....just a shame, like the whole movie, none of it was fleshed out with detail.

United States
    Yeah, they really missed the boat (hahahhaa) with Dawn '04 on the whole "leave the mall" discussion. The first time I watched that scene was a real wtf moment. For the want of maybe 3 extra minutes of dialogue we were left thinking they were morons.

That and zombie baby and the save the dog scene were all losers to what could've been a really great and well thought out movie.

The scene where they actually drive out and try to navigate the streets was fairly telling in my opinion. Anyone who thinks they could've made a home base in the mall and done scavenging excursions (as I would've thought) just needs to watch that scene again. They didn't stand a chance driving around.

Undisclosed
    Never fully understood the hate behind this movie to be honest. I was as much against a Dawn remake as anyone could be, but to be honest aside from the name its not anything like Dawn, aside from zombies being involved but even they are very different.

Its more of an action horror film than the original is, for sure, but I don't think it was terrible by any means at all. The characters were mostly crap, I agree with that part, and Anna annoys me to no end, but the zombies were somewhat interesting, aside from they run like sprinters all the time. It is a fairly enjoyable movie, disturbed is a good add on to it IMO, but at the same time I think its a good zombie movie on its own. There are a ton of crappy zombie movies out there and to be honest this is not one of them. The so called remake of Day on the other hand is.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    I have been thinking to myself about Dawn Remake and Is there any good In the movie and no Is still the answer. I watched It again last night and guess what I can say that there Is 1 good thing about the movie this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3QmtV8vT0

That the only good thing but the film still sucks.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Andy the gun shop guy.
    The best. I even liked the extra story. That character could be a movie on his own, and a decent movie at that.

The Bad:

Mekhi Pfifer
    His Preggo wife
    Baby plotline
    Yep. Stoopid.

Chick going after the ****ing dog.
    Most realistic part of the whole movie. You know SOMEONE is gonna pull something idiotic like this. Guaranteed.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    it was a good movie, but not a good remake. thats how it should be seen.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    Most realistic part of the whole movie. You know SOMEONE is gonna pull something idiotic like this. Guaranteed.
    I'm not a big fan of Dawn04. Honestly, I think it's sh*t filmmaking and I've always thought the dog thing was stupid, but now that I think about it......Staredge has a point here. It WAS a stupid move. A stupid move that would probably happen in real life.

But I still think the main problem is that you don't care about the girl that goes after the dog. The character has about 2.5 minutes of screentime when her dad dies and again later when there's a hint of a relationship between her and the young security guard.(Why didn't snyder have them f*ck? That's what usually establishes relationships in his films.)

I didn't care for her....why did the other people in the mall? She was a dumb teenager with nobody left. Let her make her final(dumb) decision...

United States
    I liked her enough to save her and I have no problem taking a risk for the life of another, even one so stupid as she was. But I wouldn't have tried to save her considering the situation they were in. The chances of success without additional losses were dismal.

If they'd taken a few minutes and planned out a decent rescue I could get behind it. But that spur of the moment split-second decision to rescue her was ridiculous. Assumedly they'd hashed out methods to get Andy from the gunshop to the mall and came up empty. What in the world would make them think getting Nicole had any better chances?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "nu" metal can go **** itself, the best part of dawn '04 was the opening, Johnny "-mother ****ing-" Cash followed by 15 minutes of mid apocalypse road trip.

then ving "-little bitch-" rhames shows up and it went to hell faster than hitler with a rocket up his arse.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    "nu" metal can go **** itself, the best part of dawn '04 was the opening, Johnny "-mother ****ing-" Cash followed by 15 minutes of mid apocalypse road trip.

then ving "-little bitch-" rhames shows up and it went to hell faster than hitler with a rocket up his arse.
    Wow. Just...wow, Hells

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    i just watched dawn 04 again, and i must admit, i like it a **** load better then i did before. it is a really good film, and most of the characters are realistic and well acted.

Sarah polley was my favorite for sure, ving did a good job on his character, and the soundtrack was pretty rocking (nu-metal not included btw), it was over all a good film, entertaining, decently acted, decently written (in some sections, others just bug the hell outta me) and a good addition to the zombie genre.

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    it was a good movie, but not a good remake. thats how it should be seen.
    That's it. Rename it and it's a somewhat entertaining GAR ripoff. (Guess we'd still be ripping it apart then, too )

I like the Disturbed version, but the lounge lizard cover is AWESOME!!!!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    I like the Disturbed version, but the lounge lizard cover is AWESOME!!!!!!

I love the Lounge Lizard version.

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I didn't care for her....why did the other people in the mall? She was a dumb teenager with nobody left. Let her make her final(dumb) decision...
    Because she's a survivor. You don't know how many people are still alive. You're scared, whether you show it or not. Anyone alive is someone worth clinging to, no matter how pathetic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im watching it right now on film 4 and ive gotta say , if you put romeros original out of your mind it is a good movie, but comparing itself to dawn is just bad for it. the soundtrack, metal aside, is alright, the bit scenes, like the "shoot leno" or car trip bits were good and the acting wasn't bad.

its purely because it was marketed as an improvement on the original that put a previously over-biased spin on it for most people i think.

yeah i can eat my own words once and awhile.