View Poll Results: How many times have you watched Dawn of the Dead in the last 5yrs...?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • At most once

1 2.38%
  • 2 or 3

4 9.52%
  • at least 4 to 6

3 7.14%
  • 7 to 12

9 21.43%
  • f***ing loads

25 59.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you watched Dawn of the Dead in the last 5yrs...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So, you're equating how much you watch Dawn to your sex life? Are you sure you've ever actually got past the opening credits?
    Hahahahaha brilliant...

I get to the bit where Fran screams, then the guys says "you alright...****'s really hitting...." and then I blow my beans all over the shop, it's disgraceful....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In the last 5 years? More times than I could count. I probably watch it about once a month or so...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I show it to all my new girlfriends, and everyone knows I bone a bitch a day!

Super Moderator

UK
    Hahahahaha brilliant...

I get to the bit where Fran screams, then the guys says "you alright...****'s really hitting...." and then I blow my beans all over the shop, it's disgraceful....

Ewwwww.....

I've seen it 7 to 12 times in the last five years I reckon. Many thanks to the 4-disc DVD for that, seeing it with commentaries and different versions and of course - repeated viewings of my favourite cut, the Extended Cannes Cut (which was how I first saw Dawn).

I've seen it probably somewhere between 25 and 30 times by now. I've got so many films in my collection, and I love so many that I don't really fixate on one or two films so insanely hardcore like some of you chaps, so I'm spread a lot thinner across a greater variety of films.

That said, when I watch a film, I ALWAYS watch it properly. Start to finish, no farting about - but whether I do so in one sitting depends, so I don't always do a movie in one sitting, sometimes it's multiple sittings if it's something I'm watching in bits before bed, but usually if I'm watching a movie during the day it's between 1 and 3 sittings to get through it.

I don't go for this "on in the background" stuff ... that's what music is for.

Super Moderator

United States
    Dawn was a go to movie for me when I was bored for quite some time, especially shortly after the edition from Anchor Bay came out.

Now, I'd say Day is my big go to Zombie movie.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    3-4 times a year
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

United States
    I just got done watching Dawn about an hour ago.

United States
    I gotta say - some of you guys are really, really scary. I mean, we're all nerds or we wouldn't be on this forum. Granted. And I'm right with ya. But watching Dawn once a week? Wow.

The first cut I saw was the US theatrical of course. Got a copy of the movie on VHS as soon as we got our first VCR and it showed on TV. I still watch it every once in a while. It's fun to see all the commercials from the early 80's. It's missing some of the gore though.

I didn't get my hands on the director's or any extended cuts for 20 years later? Was it really that long? Crap. I prefer the extended even though the extra scenes don't add much. That's the one I watch whenever I pop it in.

I don't watch Dawn more than maybe once a year. Sometimes I'll watch bits and pieces of it. But rarely the whole thing. I can't carve out that much time at once.

I've watched Land and Day a ton this year. That's mostly because of the LOTD:RTFG game modding I do - I watch certain scenes over and over and over again to pick up details for map creation. I also take tons of screenshots out of the movies.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Loads. I sometimes go through periods where I'll watch it multiple times in one month; different versions or with a commentary track on.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Loads. I sometimes go through periods where I'll watch it multiple times in one month; different versions or with a commentary track on.
    That sounds about right. i won't watch it for a while and then something comes along and reminds me of it and i'll be in a dawn of the dead mode for a while. In the past 5 years i must have seen it maybe 50 times. I'm really observant when i watch it as well. Always on the lookout for things i've never noticed before. Normally people who have never seen it will point something new out as I, a veteran of the series, will do as well. A fun time is usually had by all.

Most times i'll show it to someone who's never heard of it before and they'll be like,"what the hell is this prehistoric flick you're putting on"!?! But as soon as Wooley blows the dude's head off with his shottie it hooks em' in. Works everytime!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    F**king loads....I bought the video several years ago, I watched it about 12 times in the first few months of owning it.

Then I got the DVD and watched it loads of times, then I finally got the "Ultimate Edition" and have watched that several times since owning it.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    At least 3 times.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I show it to all my new girlfriends, and everyone knows I bone a bitch a day!

So I voted for "****ing loads" but I wasn't sure if that was a statement of what I get up to at night, or an exclamation...
    that's a lot of blow up dolls, symph. how are your lungs holding up?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    that's a lot of blow up dolls, symph. how are your lungs holding up?

England
    More times than I can remember.

There are long periods where I don't watch it, then watch it 3-4 times a month!
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"