Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your method of escaping to somewhere safe?

Undisclosed
    I agree Wyld those that say they would see it on the news and already be halfway to Juno are complete liars. With the shows and the way everything is I'm willing to bet most would either ignore it and change the channel, think it's an ad for a new show, or something along those lines. This isn't saying that people are completely unprepared, quite the opposite. I'm sure there would be those prepared it's just most wouldn't know to act when the shtf.

P.S. Ghastly I'm in south eastern PA about a day's drive away. I'll be bringing the booze, wings and pizza.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Think about that. You're six to eight feet from an obviously dead person, who's reeking so bad they're making your eyes water, and you can tell the only thing they're interested in is getting a hold of you. It'd be even worse if you'd already seen them get some other poor s.o.b.

How easy would it really be for the average person to cope with that? Or being inside your house and seeing some insanity (what it looks like to you) being broadcast live from Channel X Action News, and then looking out a window to see a few of your dead neighbors staggering up your lawn towards the house.

People can say they've thought about it, and they'd be able to deal with it, but speaking for myself I'm not so sure I wouldn't freeze up. I just hope to God I have my deer-in-the-headlights moment and get past it without being eaten/infected.
    I agree.I think most people wouldn't be able to handle that.

United States
    I'd like to think I could handle whatever whackiness comes my way due to the dead rising, but in reality, while I am sure I could adapt and survive a while, I'm sure I would just end up capping my own ass.

Who really wants to live in a world that has been overrun with zombies? What are you gonna do, go forth and multiply? You really want to bring kids into that kind of world?

I'd just carve my name onto a bullet, lock myself into a room and BANG!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ov3rlord View Post
    I agree Wyld those that say they would see it on the news and already be halfway to Juno are complete liars. With the shows and the way everything is I'm willing to bet most would either ignore it and change the channel, think it's an ad for a new show, or something along those lines. This isn't saying that people are completely unprepared, quite the opposite. I'm sure there would be those prepared it's just most wouldn't know to act when the shtf.

P.S. Ghastly I'm in south eastern PA about a day's drive away. I'll be bringing the booze, wings and pizza.
    Off topic for a bit: Ov3rlord, did you finally see the DOTD 78?
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I've always wondered why no one ever went in the sewers,in zombie movies.
    Well, they did use the sewers a bit in Dawn 04, but I think that once all the pumping equipment was down (within days I suppose) that they would be flooded up pretty bad, and as Ghastly J says, if you get zeds coming from two directions, you are royally f**ked....there is also the fact that you could get horribly lost down there or pick up some seriously nasty infections and/or diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I'd like to think I could handle whatever whackiness comes my way due to the dead rising, but in reality, while I am sure I could adapt and survive a while, I'm sure I would just end up capping my own ass.

Who really wants to live in a world that has been overrun with zombies? What are you gonna do, go forth and multiply? You really want to bring kids into that kind of world?

I'd just carve my name onto a bullet, lock myself into a room and BANG!
    This is a great post and something I've often pondered, survivors of catastrophies generally hope to rebuild their lives after the initial onslaught of plagues, earthquakes, wars etc, zombie armageddon is different, they could be around for decades after the initial outbreak. Grim stuff.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 26-Aug-2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Ya I finally got a chance to see it on youtube. Easily became one of my favorites.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ov3rlord View Post
    Ya I finally got a chance to see it on youtube. Easily became one of my favorites.

I'am really happy you finally got the chance to see it.

Undisclosed
    My home was built by a survivalist so it is designed differently than most. I have 55 acres all fenced by 6 foot high chain link with barb wire on top. in order to enter the acreage you must drive across a bridge or walk through water. The house has a turret at the top so you can see the whole area and the home itself is fortified with these large gate like doors that have the large steel arms that lock them closed. So no-one could get to the upstairs. I own a back-hoe so digging trenches would be a snap and the pond is relatively clean but I also have several wells around the property for water. I own several firearms as well as off road vehicles and ATVs. the closest neighbor is almost a mile away. The property has a ton of these horrible Locust trees with thorns that are around 2-3 inches,(easily go through a tractor tire), so building a defensive position from raiders using these trees would be easy. The entence is gated with a large iron gate that could be padlocked, I used to use a krypton lock from my bicycle until I fixed the electric gates. I feel pretty safe at home, but getting the rest of the people here would be more difficult.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i would use some of the students (not any of the hot females though) as human shields as i made my way back home. once there i wouldn't be in too bad a shape. lots of guns, supplies and hueston woods is right down the road from me.

hardly anyone dies in oxford, of the 22,000 people in town, 15,000 of them are college students. so i don't think the zombie population would be very big here to start off and most of the students would flee in an attempt to get home. in addition to that, the next town of any size at all is 15 miles away.

there was a thread a bit ago that turned into a giant discussion about how oxford would be the perfect place to face something like this. there are 2 or 3 other board members that live in or near oxford.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Lol, Scip you forgot on top of the supplies and guns the non-human shield students (hot chicks) are with you as well. I can see you are a great tacticionist not unlike that of Sun Tzu.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    hey, there will always be room at my place for some oxford honies looking to escape the apocalypse. believe me man, oxford has more hot women per square meter than just about any other place in north america.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well if you wanna see what I would do, you will have to wait from the next Deadlands film after Trapped.

Basically it is how I see things happening in my zombie universe.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    My home was built by a survivalist so it is designed differently than most. I have 55 acres all fenced by 6 foot high chain link with barb wire on top. in order to enter the acreage you must drive across a bridge or walk through water. The house has a turret at the top so you can see the whole area and the home itself is fortified with these large gate like doors that have the large steel arms that lock them closed. So no-one could get to the upstairs. I own a back-hoe so digging trenches would be a snap and the pond is relatively clean but I also have several wells around the property for water. I own several firearms as well as off road vehicles and ATVs. the closest neighbor is almost a mile away. The property has a ton of these horrible Locust trees with thorns that are around 2-3 inches,(easily go through a tractor tire), so building a defensive position from raiders using these trees would be easy. The entence is gated with a large iron gate that could be padlocked, I used to use a krypton lock from my bicycle until I fixed the electric gates. I feel pretty safe at home, but getting the rest of the people here would be more difficult.

Good god, what happened to the man who built this house? Did the survivalist get knocked off? I can't imagine him selling it after so much preparation.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Good god, what happened to the man who built this house? Did the survivalist get knocked off? I can't imagine him selling it after so much preparation.
    I know,why would a survivalist sell a house like that?I wouldn't.

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland
    oxford oxford oxford.... mike the main block right across the street from the park uptown minus the stone animals... perfect fortress. the miami students have these shuttle buses that take them everywhere. using these to block off entrances to alleyways and such would make a great fortified and nearly unmoveable encampment. police station is right across the way and could be used to house un wanted guests. no ammo there though. their amory is with butler county sheriffs and thats somewhere in hamilton so good luck gettin there. also there is a derilect (spell check) army national guard base outside of oxford so fall back there would be nice. sewer system in oxford could be used to get to many different sectors of the college and other establishments. plus two of the schools have fall out shelters. oxford has an endless aray of possibilities. from where i am now in harrison about an hour from oxford... i could make it there using back roads or go off road seeing how my truck has big knobby tires and 4 wheel drive. i have a jc higgins 12 gauge and about 36 shells...six 00 buck, five slug, and 25 7 and 1/2 bird shot... also i have a ruger security six .357 magnum with twenty two 38 special flat nose full metal jacket rounds for it and an assortment of knives all about the place including an aluminum baseball bat of the t ball variety so its short and easier to store. slap on the junk get in my truck and head to my parents farm where i would hold up until i got ahold or until i found my gun totin buddies. parents place is fairly securable but we are right on a major state highway. hueston woods would be my next safe venture or maybe the newer talawanda elementary school not 3 minutes from my parents place. then the plan with oxford could commence. i have several family members who work for miami some in the bookstore at the shriver center and one who works in trucking and shipping. i would pretty much be able to access everything at miami maybe not so much in oxford. id do what i coud but the zombie population would be high in oxford because the students are of all the rich and stupid and stuck up variety. most wouldnt know what was going on. so i would suppose fire bombin and snipin or just plain running the fruckers over would be the way to go. i could go into more detail but my brain doesnt want to process any further so i will leave to the others close to oxford. if such a thing happens we meet at the indian creek tavern in riely which im gueesing is fairly close to you mike. ill leave it at that.
    IM HERE TO INFECT TRUTH. I HAVE MY WAYS BUT NONE AGAINST YOUR WILL. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ITS TIME FOR CHANGE. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/UNDEADMATTHEW.

INFECT THE TRUTH!